Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: packerroo ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 08:39PM

Missionary's showed last night to wish me a happy birthday.Showed up as I was having dinner with my family.I told them never come to my house unless they call first they told me they didn't have my number .I told them I knew that and shut the door.Has this happened to any one else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: laxy ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 12:55AM

Not this exact thing, but once a few months back, the missionaries and a couple of ward members showed up unannounced one weeknight and asked if they could come in and "bless my house"...

On another note, for FHE at the branch I attended til recently, once a month for the "activity" portion they split up into teams and go to inactives' houses, bringing treats and "we'd love to have you!"

I'm now realizing that would SUPREMELY piss me off, being in their position, and I can't believe I ever took part in that. It's incredibly rude.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 06:57PM

They are always rude and have no manners.
No normal folk will show up uninvited unless they're are your superbest closest friend maybe.
Noone will rang your bell a thousand times especially not when they KNOW there is a baby around who's probably sleeping
And if you don't answer the door noone would stand in front of your house and trying to call you on your mobile - unless maybe it's someone you expected or its an emergency or again your superbest closest friend
Noone will be that blunt when you don't answer the door nor the phone to text you immediately that they KNOW you're there and that they're sad that they'll be ignored because they brought crappy cookies and a message. But now they left it in the mailbox. AND they'll try it again later.... And for sure they do. Or thr other set of elders or the sisterset, or all together.

You know they actually have our numbers, they know that we will call them when we want to meet them. They know they should call or text before even thinking about to show up. They know that all but they simply don't care about.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.