Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: laxy ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 12:01AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: darac ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 02:14AM

It's her child and her right to decide the kind of family she wants.

If you were giving up a child, wouldn't one of your requirements be that the adoptive parents not be LDS?

Date: June 07, 2015 02:40AM

Well, for one I would never let myself be put in the position. And two, I honestly wouldn't specify that. But that's just me.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 03:20AM

something a guy from my high school graduating class put up on Facebook (we are coming up on our 50th reunion soon, so a lot of us have been getting together on Facebook).

Anyway, he posted a picture of an opened condom wrapper with an engagement ring sticking up from it. The caption: "If you aren't willing to make her your wife, don't make her a mother."

In other words, guys need to accept some of the responsibility too. Nowadays, there really isn't any need for "oops" pregnancies.

Posted by: Anon4this ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 05:52AM

Um birth control does fail. No birth control has a 100% effectiveness rate except abstinence and that's not exactly practical for everyone. Even surgical sterilization for a woman is only something like 98% effective. Meaning that there will pretty much always be oops babies. There have been several in my family born when the mother was taking the pill, two with an IUD, condom + Spermicide, and a diaphragm. Luckily I have managed to avoid an oops so far. But it does happen. I hate when people act like it is just not possible or the mother did something stupid (not directed at you, I hear this all the time).

Sometimes a pregnancy happens. This coming from my perspective and my very fertile family.

Date: June 07, 2015 09:23AM

I understand that it can happen no matter what kind of birth control you're using, but if I'm being completely honest I'm not against abortion. Of course it's always possible for an oops to happen. But in my case I wouldn't go through with it. That's just me.

Date: June 07, 2015 09:31AM

Hopefully it'll never come to that as I'll be on the pill and bf will get a vasectomy. But to me, it is an option.
But that's really not what this post is about and that's all I want to say on the matter.

Posted by: Anon4this ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 01:36PM

Yeah I totally understand. I'm very pro-choice but probably wouldn't personally abort a healthy fetus. And I feel like there are lots of people who have an oops but don't want to abort. That is all I was saying. Again not trying to attack you! I just hear this a lot and wanted to mention it!

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 11:10AM

I only read through part of it. I couldn't get over the over-usage of the word "conitnuing."

Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 12:24PM

Two words: Poor Baby

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 12:39PM

Why so much judgment and hate over her religious choice? Are people still in the dark ages and think all pregnancies are because they are either planned or someone is stupid. Really?

This is her life, she can choose what she wants for her child. We have the right to believe any religion we want and raise our children in it. Fortunately, in this country, we have a lot more choices than others.

Date: June 07, 2015 12:51PM

I don't know if you're referring to me, but I never said it's not her choice. Everyone has a choice. I don't even necessarily think it's a bad choice - I rather liked growing up in the church. But seeing as how this is an ExMormon phorum, I simply thought people would find the specificity interesting.

I was in no way trying to come across as judgmental or hateful, and honestly I don't feel I did. People can choose whatever they'd like.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 12:55PM

I've only seen caucasian babies with caucasian parents. Has there ever been a white child adopted to a black person? the cost is incredible though $30,000 that's more than most could afford.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.