Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stuck In The Valley Of Zion ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 08:40AM

All the while acting as though they are not only entitled but should be admired?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 09:59AM

How did YOU hear about my Ex-wife????

Posted by: IMout ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:27AM

because they have all grown up like Oliver Twist. Their

parents were never home and when they were they were giving

instructions on how to do it and not get caught. It's all there

in the family home evening manual. I swear to you. So many of

the Mormon kids that I knew, pretty much raised themselves as

their parents were gone constantly for something. If it wasn't

for church meetings and minutia they were peddling the latest

"get rich quick scheme"

Date: June 06, 2015 11:29AM

Oh yes and another thing is that for every ten people that

they cheat, they get a discount on their tithing but don't

tell anyone

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 05:19PM

And if it's the government and you pay 10% on whatever you cheated them out of, you get a 10% discount on your 10%. They'll come out way ahead.

To answer your question, it's Book of Mormon mentality. They don't get that the BOM is fiction, and they think if they have lots of stuff, even if they did illegal stuff and cheated people to get it, it shows how righteous they are. Just like the book says.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 03:56PM

I guess I should be a crook but I'm not.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:35AM

Well up in Shart Crik (Colo city) they call it "bleeding the beast".

Which is a euphemism for 'rippin off the gubbamint', ie. suckling at the public teat as their birthright done whilst they self-righteously mock it.

Posted by: anonymous for this one ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 03:38PM

It is very common for Mormons to pay only half upfront and then swindle you out of the second half at the final payment. At least in Utah.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:36AM

How'd you get to know so much about my father?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 12:34PM

Mormons feel entitled to getting extras in life because they're among the favored of the lord.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 01:06PM

My TBM uncle has done business with other TBMs over the years, & they continually rip him off. You would think he would have learned by now.

Posted by: yankeekid ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 03:33PM

I only started to learn things about the Mormon church after moving to Utah. My husband however has lived here all his life, has some extended family who is Mormon.

What he told me is that anything goes 6 days a week. As long as they go to church on Sunday when all is forgiven.

I'm hoping to learn and understand more by reading here. I'm surrounded by Mormons where I live, only 1 family is friendly towards me, others even without saying a word can put out such a look of disdain. Is it really only because I'm not Mormon or is there something about me I'm just not seeing?

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 04:27PM

>> Is it really only because I'm not Mormon or is there something about me I'm just not seeing? <<

No, you're seeing it clearly, it really is only because you aren't part of the Mormon machine.

Keep reading here, you'll learn a lot.

Date: June 06, 2015 05:24PM

I call that look "the mormon stare" It isn't about you because

they do it to members, that they think they can bully or

treat with indifference. People who do that are nasty people and

it wouldn't matter who you were or what you were about.

My Aunt and uncle moved to River Heights right outside of Logan

and although she was a member she had no relatives or history

with Utah. My uncle did have a lot of history in the Logan and

Providence area. They had a home there for years and she

was never accepted. They eventually moved to Sandy but she

always felt like an outsider. Build a life irregardless of

the people There are lots of people who are in your position

but also need a hand at finding their niche

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 03:52PM

The Mormon gods expect you to take advantage of others.

Screw others before they screw you.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 04:20PM

But if they scam another of the brethren, they figure Heavenly Father knew something and they were't worthy...

Otherwise He would've used that small voice or some such...

How does a Mormon say "F&@# YOU?"

Ah, you all have heard that one.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 04:52PM

It isn't a generalized description of all LDS members. Many are fine and decent people. But there are those who do it, and it is a reflection of the culture Mormonism. It all started with a conman who could no longer use a rock in a hat to swindle people out of their money with the promise of finding buried treasure because he was exposed in 1826. So he claimed to find the most valuable treasure in the world and used a rock in a hat to translate it.

Next was the screwing of the babysitter, then other men's wives. They lied about it and kept right on doing it. When decent people would no longer tolerate the Mormons as neighbors, they left the United States and illegally immigrated into Mexico, only to have it become US territory a year later. But they just kept on screwing whoever they could.

It was all in the name of a god and today the members are taught to trust their feelings. But for some, their sense of morality is so warped that their feelings are the worst thing to trust. In their perverted view of the universe, righteousness and god's approval is measured by those who have the most and the honest poor are the sinners. So they live in a culture of screwing whoever they can and they convince themselves all is well because they feel good about it.

Date: March 07, 2016 03:57PM

Infinity + 1

Date: March 07, 2016 03:58PM

michaelm (not logged in) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is well because they feel good about it.

Heartsell oneself.

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 06:49PM

Well if you can think a little bit abstract, you could say it is a commandment. And here is how:

Brigham Young said that basically everything he preached was scripture. During the Utah wars when federal troops were coming into Salt Lake City, Brigham, and by extension, the LDS Church, owned businesses that were not quite appropriate for a mormon to own, namely a brothel and a liquor establishments. Brigham said that the church should take the money of the gentiles. If I remember correctly, one brother was on 9th west and North Temple and another was on Regent Street between 1st and 2nd South. It was Felt Electric at one time.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 04:14PM

in a Mormon bishopric.

I had some concerns with how tax returns were being handled in our office he replied to me - AND THIS IS AN EXACT QUOTE - "I *guess* you could call it fraud."

No a**hole. It's either fraud, or it's not. There's no grey area where the IRS is concerned...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2016 04:14PM by helamonster.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 04:21PM

How did you get to know so much about my ex-husband?

He committed financial aid fraud at several community colleges by signing up for classes, then as soon as the check arrived, he dropped enough classes to where he was no longer a full time student. He did that at several colleges, because eventually they caught on as he wasn't making enough progress, and dropping too many classes. He did that because he felt entitled to it and he thought having a regular job was beneath him for some reason.

Posted by: Ratdog ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 04:51PM

I always made it a point to avoid doing business with church members and family. .. Got burned 4 large from a relative. . Besides, Mormons are the biggest cheap asses....

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 05:15PM

and then to the elder's quorum. He kept his temple recommend and was rewarded by my father with housing and a business opportunity.

I was disinherited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2016 05:20PM by donbagley.

Date: March 07, 2016 05:44PM

over & over, pretty much the Same Thing:

Mormons, even those who appear as TBMs, feel entitled.

I worked (actually volunteered) with our state dept. of Revenue & state patrol... to get ppl into compliance with vehicle registration laws. Washington was the most expensive at the time; People would buy vehicles in OR <no sales tax> , license them there, while living in Washington...

I'd see those people parked at the stk house that our ward met in...

They had the MOST INNANE excuses one could ever imagine, it was truly UNREAL!

Yup, Bleeding the Beast ... the Beast that they sent their kids to school to pay for (No state income tax here).

Date: March 07, 2016 05:49PM

I think Mormons could attend church, give talks, go to the House of Handshakes, etc. ...

Without EVER hearing the Golden Rule, the parable of the Good Samaritan, the parable of the Lost Sheep....

"I don't know that we teach that" (those).

I seriously doubt they're a part of ANY "lesson plan"

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 05:50PM

They think it doesn't count against their character if the person they are screwing aren't TBM. I know some evangelical Christians this applies to also. That's why I hand out with guys who for most part are non-church affiliated. More honesty and less judgment in that group.

RB

Date: March 07, 2016 06:42PM

Ron-

We ALL use judgement Every Day;
judgements are the basis for Decisions; who to associate with, where to go, where to live, work, kids, what movies, etc etc etc.

It's just that Mormons Exaggerate this into the Uber-isms of live about beliefs / trivia of life; white shirts, tattoos, earrings are at the Top of my list, there are Many, Many others including all 'matters of faith'.

Am I saying this accurately?

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 08:08PM

I lived in Utah county for over 24 years. I was self employed much of that time. Worked in the building construction trade. Almost every Mormon I done business with screwed me over by short changing me or asking for more product than we agreed on. I got so I wouldn't do business with certain companies. I finally closed up, sold my property and left the state. Best thing I ever done.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 08:17PM

I'm sure not all of them cheat and steal, at least not the

mormons I knew. How sad that there are some who do. I think

maybe those kind feel entitled to cheat and steal in light

of the sacrifices they make to be a mormon. Its like whenever

there was a dinner in my old ward, alot of them would make a

rush for the food so they could get their share and then some.

It was really disgusting like pigs running to the trough. It

was stomache turning to me to see that greed.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 07, 2016 11:10PM

One of my first encounters with this phenomenon was when I was working in Wyoming and we needed to rent a portable generator. After we got done with the generator and returned it to the owner, he said he'd send the bill to our office.

When we got back to the office we reported to the boss, who was TBM, what had transpired and about the bill.

The first thing out of his mouth was " Oh great a Morman discount, retail plus 10 percent."

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: March 08, 2016 12:23AM

Really? This isn't obvious? Consider the founder, Horny Joe.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.