Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: invictus ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 08:50AM

So I'm not surprised to see negative commentary on FB about Bruce Jenner now Caitlyn. Even though I personally don't really know much about transgender issues I can identify with the pain of living a lie, and wanting to live authentically, but being afraid of the backlash of coming out. Somewhat similar to coming out of Mormonism. Plus, now I can be way more understanding of people, more inclusive and more compassionate.

So when I saw a post bashing Bruce/Caitlyn, as someone who was NOT brave, and made a mockery of himself, of course I had to defend him. I'm sure publicity had a part, but I don't think, as others do, that the reason he became Trans WAS FOR ATTENTION! Really? That's what you people think?

And yet, I'M the idiot!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 09:22AM

I don't hate Bruce/Cait, but as a heterosexual man with no gender identification issues, my issue is that he/she had these feelings, desires, etc....but then got married and played straight for years.

If he/she has feelings toward women, then play dress up all you want, but the whole transition thing...what if he/she likes women again?

I did see a documentary on a guy who transitioned a couple of times back and forth, man-to-woman, woman-to-man. Mentally he was suffering....THAT is what needed to be addressed...not "looking the part" based on wishy-washy gender feelings..

Posted by: Annie Onymous ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 09:37AM

The thing is, Caitlyn has said that she still loves women. She didn't marry them to "play straight" or lie to people, either. Choosing to live as either a woman or man doesn't mean you have to try to change who you're attracted to or love, because that's something that rarely changes.

Date: June 06, 2015 10:08AM

First of all, has Cait completely transitioned? Has she had a penisectomy??

If she..... (she wants to be referred to as "She" and "Caitlyn"), then She will need to find another women (if she still likes women) who is a little more fetish-minded. I don't think her last 2 wives were...

For people who are truly gay or truly living in a body of the wrong sex, she seems to only add to the confusion...

I truly believe we will hear about her being found dead in her house or a hotel room or something. If this happens (and I hope it doesn't)...then THIS is the issue that should have been addressed.....

All in my opinion....

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 12:50PM

Again, not all trangenders have genital reassignment surgery. It's ignorance to think they all do to become "complete." Not everyone has the funds or desire to travel to Trinidad for the bottom surgery and there are many personal reasons to NOT choose the surgery.

Sexual orientation and gender identification are two separate parts of a person, whether you understand that or not. You can have your opinion, it doesn't mean your have an accurate view of transgender.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 12:51PM

^ THIS!^

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 01:04PM

Thank you for explaining this, when I (a gay transman, who is not having surgery or hormones because of some very complicated situations & issues) do not have the energy to right now.

Date: June 06, 2015 05:51PM

"You can have your opinion, it doesn't mean your have an accurate view of transgender."

I never said I had an accurate view of transgender issues. I have a view. That's it. While my view may not be right, the mental issues related to transgenderism should be the thing focused on and addressed, with all who have this issue

Date: June 06, 2015 05:57PM

Medical researchers do brain scans of trans people, & they find that transmen's brains are similar to cisgender men's brains, & transwomen's brains are similar to cisgender women.

Then there are trans people who find out that they are actually medically intersex. They have outwardly undetectable differences in their DNA, such as mosaic chromasomes.

There are medical reasons for people being trans.

Posted by: ness ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:04AM

A childhood friend, posted that false article about Caitlyn got the award over an amputee veteran. Then wishing she got AIDS for her lifestyle. I pointed out the article was false, and he was acting shameful towards transgender people. Of course, in the cowardly way mormons are, my comment was deleted but the hatred comments continued. I had enough of the hate from mormons, I called them out on my page.. Telling them they are hypocrites for pretending to love LGBT people as children as God, but go home on FB and post ignorant hate speech..... rant continues.... telling them to think about their hypocrisy next time they are singing "Love One Another"
Needless to say, silence from mormons... but the homophobe took down his posts at least

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:07AM

It doesn't matter to me what Bruce/Caitlyn does.

What bugs me is that it seems to be a very orchestrated/choreographed media event engineered to garner maximum attention/publicity.

Is this level of hype and timed release bits of titillation that prolong the media's coverage into a soap opera-like serial story really necessary?

Posted by: aquarius1963 ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:35AM

I just think it is sad that he is this late in being himself. He is a brave person.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:43AM

I for one could not care any less about the genitals of this disturbed soul.

I weep crocodile tears for him/her and all the Kardassians for that matter.

I would weep real tears however for Jenner's abandoned children.

Date: June 06, 2015 12:10PM

You do realize that the Kardashians ARE his children?

Well, he raised them as his own, even though they weren't his biological children.

They all characterize him as a fantastic father.

Date: June 06, 2015 12:14PM

The two youngest girls on the show are Jenner's biological kids with Kris. Their last name is Jenner.

(I don't even watch their damn show, & I hate that I know all this shit.)

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:55AM

Awk! Something different! Must hate it!

Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:58AM

I'm thankful to those bold enough to publicly break unhealthy taboos.

There are thousands of people suffering, who *might* receive media attention, but only if they're in a parade that the media covers.

Celebrities who go public may be given little choice; either roll with the sensationalism, putting a human experience into it, or, fight publicity tooth and nail, being "outed" with negative slants.

The delusion that brains are purely male or female, and further, that sexual organs will always reflect that brain "purity," is ignorance. There are creatures in the wild that reproduce without benefit of the other sex.

To think that human evolution has stopped simply because we are incapable of seeing the results is ludicrous. Those "hating on" C. Jenner are certainly showing a lesser morality, a lesser evolution.

That Jenner has chosen to make her painful evolution public is the mark of an Olympian.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:59AM

I'm glad Caitlyn has found a way to be authentic with herself. I really don't care about all the rest. It's her life/her choice/her consequences/her family - not mine. It's none of my business other than to respect an individuals choices when they aren't hurting anyone - except maybe her family but that is for them to resolve, not me. While I'm glad the transgender community is getting a chance to address some things in public, mostly I feel that the Kardashians are a waste of space and Caitlyn is quickly becoming the most boring of the bunch.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 12:06PM

My only gripe about the whole thing is that there are way more important things to care about. Dental care for children comes to mind. Transgendered people should be accepted loved supported all that, but let's focus on something that affects millions. Maternity leave protection and benefits. Fixing the corporations are people too--mess. Bloody climate change!

Rant over. Back to Jenner and the Kardashians.

Date: June 06, 2015 12:54PM

Dorothy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My only gripe about the whole thing is that there
> are way more important things to care about.

Thus saith the Lord?

You do realize that just because this is not important to YOU, doesn't mean that it is not important to other human beings?

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 03:06PM

I haven't seen any negative commentary on my face book page about

Jenner. I only have exmo friends and a few mo family members .

Maybe that makes all the difference? I think its really not that

important to most of us and we talk more about political things

and new ideas.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 03:11PM

was Jenner's sex change done in Trinidad Colorado ?

Posted by: Trancan ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 04:32PM

Bruce will always be a man. No amount of cosmetics, hormones or surgery is going to change this.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 05:00PM

Isn't also a coincidence about ABC's Family newest show as well!?? It's called "Becoming Us". Could it be part of this timed media event as well!??

In ‘Becoming Us,' a Transgender Parent's Journey, Told Through the Eyes of Teenage Son

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/us-fathers-journey-woman-told-teenage-sons-eyes/story?id=31558400

Kids, transgender parents are heart of ABC Family's 'Becoming Us'

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-becoming-us-review-20150606-column.html

TV Review: ‘Becoming Us’

http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/becoming-us-review-transgender-reality-show-on-abc-family-1201510858/

Date: June 06, 2015 05:05PM

That show on ABC Family has more to with the fact that there is a trans character on The Fosters, which is another ABC Family show.

Caitlyn's show is on E!.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 05:57PM

I don't watch E! There's too much garbage on that channel!

Posted by: bona dea.unregistered ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 05:13PM

I have no problem with transitioning and wish her well, but I am beyond tired of the Kardashians and Jenners and have been since way before the transition.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 06:07PM

I don't think it was done for publicity. Some things might be for publicity but not something this drastic.

I'm also tired of the entire family. The Kardashians have NO talent at all.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 06:17PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2015 06:24PM by Shummy.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 06:22PM

I don't know much about all this, or what I would do in that situarion, or why, or what Jenner's junk looks like--all I know is that he/she is going to make a lot of money from this.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.