Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 05:38PM

I don't want a "war."

I want to educate people out of religious superstition. ALL of it. I don't think a "war" serves that purpose.

So here, Maher and I don't agree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 05:42PM

Maher was talking about the right-wing religious stupidity of how right-wing "Christians" think there is a war on Christianity from the left, when 80% of Democrats in congress & 78% of Democratic governors are Christian.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 06:19PM

The hard core Christians just want something to bitch about. Nobody is out to get them. Maher says things about them but he is not trying to kill them. He just points out things that are not believable. Maher says things about a lot of people. It is part of his show. PALEEZE.

I challenge anyone to say who it is who is out to get rid of Christians. Well?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 06:25PM

christinsanity cannot function unless it has enemies.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 06:27PM

Thanks Cold-Dodger. That was on of Bill Maher's best.

Christians have taken a page from Mormons. You can't be the persecuted if no one is persecuting you. So if that's the case, your only shot is to claim persecution even though there is none and count on most people buying it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2015 06:29PM by blueorchid.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 08:03PM

by Eric Hoffer. A good read. All mass movements must have an enemy. If you don't have one, you create one. I am just paraphrasing, but you get the idea. It appears that atheists and humanists are the new enemies of Christianity in these fundamentalists' minds. I believe these hard core Christian fundamentalists are quite fearful of rational individuals who wish to think for themselves and who have no desire to join or continue marching in a herd. Folks are walking away from religion. They are the new enemy. Sigh...

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 08:48PM

Zactly. Every social movement needs a windmill to tilt at. That is why those who wish to make atheism a social movement are foolish. Atheism answers only one question. The answers to questions of morality and purpose lie elsewhere.

HH =)

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 08:23PM

If there is a war on Christianity, then Christianity's real "enemy" is young people, aka the Future.

The Christers not only are unfamiliar with the "Weapons" that will win this "War", they dont even know where the "Battlefield" is.

My money is on the rising generation.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 08:50PM

If ya wanna know who controls you, who rules you, just look for who it is you are not allowed to criticize.

Posted by: sampsonAtard ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 09:46PM

hello Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If ya wanna know who controls you, who rules you,
> just look for who it is you are not allowed to
> criticize.

So who are the arch-untouchables nowadays?

In the immortal words of Glen Miller... "It's the Jews, stupid!!"

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:41PM

Militant Islam wants, and demands, to be above criticism. And they really hate ridicule.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 01:49AM

In the USA, militant Islam is a popular target. Maybe not so in a Muslim country, where Islam rules all, but in the USA this is true.

In the Mormon church, you can't criticize the ruling apostles etc., or you will be exed.

What group in the US cannot be criticized? That's who rules the USA.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 09:43PM

Hello wrote, "If ya wanna know who controls you, who rules you, just look for who it is you are not allowed to criticize."

I agree, but sometimes these uncouth, obnoxious bullies are in reality, which they do not even recognize, only rudely trying to convince themselves.

I had a few narcissists in my life like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2015 09:44PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:08PM

Bill Mahr is correct.

What's striking is how confident they are in not being accountable for their claims. If they were recognized as the liars they are, they might be driven from their pulpits.

They sell god like most religions, and ultimately collect from the tithers who keep the ratings up for the one-book shows.

Barnum was correct, too.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 06, 2015 11:56PM

"War on Christianity" means Christians not getting things 100% their way 100% of the time. Boo-hoo-hoo.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: June 07, 2015 12:27AM

See it's things like this that create an atmosphere or a fear mongering that leads to things like McCarthy Hearings and Anti-Islam Rallys and Religious Right Protection Bills.

The most ridiculous is that Alabama has gone so far as to go so far as to deny ALL marriage licenses since it doesn't want to issue same sex marriage licenses.

Since when did Christians have a monopoly on marriage? Isn't marriage a civil and legal contract? Here's one Christian's explanation. http://deareopago.com/2015/05/28/alabama-to-stop-issuing-marriage-licenses/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.