Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 07:25PM

Gah. This is one of the (many) reasons I got off FB. Its so dumb. Like really dumb. I'm just wondering if anyone else is a little too quick and/or too confrontational when responding to negative comments.

So on IG today I posted a harmless photo of some coffee today. I got a slightly attacking comment from someone who's NEVER interacted with me on social media before, and who un-followed me after she left her remark.

I think my response was a little too harsh. It wasn't toooooo mean but I definitely wasn't as nice as I could've been.

Does anyone else get too jumpy or respond too quickly without forming a more reasonable response?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 07:33PM

I think your reaction is understandable. I would have no use for people who can't handle a photo of coffee. My Mormon friends have to cope with the fact that I drink coffee, tea, and alcoholic beverages. I'm not a Mormon and make no apology for not following the WoW.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 07:39PM

I have no Mormons or evangelical types on my facebook group. I unfollowed them all one by one due to the migraines they induced. I also unfollow people who post twenty affirmation photos with kittens every day. It makes the page easier to view.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 07:54PM

I'm the same way. I had to unfriend someone who I interact will with in another group (not fb) I belong to. We get along fine in other settings, but I will NOT be subjected to her hate filled bigotry.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 07:53PM

I enjoy my FB but it's probably because I set it up with several NewsFeed pages. I keep the ones I want to follow daily on the main page: positive support, family posts, photos, flowers, nature, etc.
Those that preach, get political, conspiracy nuts, and other misc subjects I am not interested in on a daily basis are on separate pages.
If I don't want a post or a link on my main page, I click: Hide, or "I don't Like this Post" or just ignore it.
I'm at the point where very little concerns me enough to get me to take anything personally. Let them fire away. If they do things I will not tolerate, I unfriend them. If they make nasty personal comments to me they are blocked.

My Facebook is 99 % delightful and enjoyable, uplifting, and great fun, also filled with laughter.
I set it up that way!

You can read between the lines and figure out what I have done! :-)

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 11, 2015 07:58PM

Yes I do it. My goal is always to proof read several times before posting, but . . .

I like the unguarded visceral responses you refer to because they are the most honest and I don't berate myself for them although I could easily do that.

This is who we are without a front. Someone gets to see your real persona instead of the carefully crafted acceptable to society one. If they can't handle that once in a while, then, oh well.

I must say, of all the things on this planet to turn into the great threat, the abominable sin, the gateway to Hell, I find it so laughable that, of all things, Mormons choose coffee for such a distant honor.

The silliness is just funny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2015 08:00PM by blueorchid.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.