Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: txnevermo ( )
Date: June 12, 2015 12:25AM

My husband and I are planning to take the kids to Utah this summer. They want to see Grandma's house and Utah. We left 9 years ago and haven't been back, so we figured one visit might not kill us.

I was checking on hotels and the different packages they offered, looking for some kind of deal. The Hampton offers a "romance package" which includes sparkling cider. :) Is my in-room coffee actually going to be Postum??? I'm afraid I may have forgotten some of the uniqueness of Utah Valley.

Hopefully we can visit sometime without the kids and take advantage of that Romance Package.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 12, 2015 12:31AM

I believe it is a Utah county ordinance that within the county borders you are not allowed to make 'noise' during love making. So be sure to take a set of gags... And I don't mean joke books.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: June 12, 2015 12:35AM

Here's a chance to show them what they missed if they would of grown up there in Utah!!!
http://pictvviitter.com/2041260-8348284

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: June 12, 2015 12:48AM

If you can get a little bit out of Utah County, I'd recommend the Blue Blar Inn (Midway) or the Zermatt.

Almost all the hotels in Utah County are purely business/family-oriented. If you can get into Provo Canyon, you'll find much mroe fun resort-oriented places.

Posted by: Cahomegrown ( )
Date: June 13, 2015 05:27AM

Oh my heck!
There's plenty to do no matter where you stay, there's plenty of coffee, alcoholic beverages, & lots of places are open on Sunday's. There's even new video games a few places that are basically a gambling machine.
This ain't the Utah valley you left....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.