Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ultra ( )
Date: June 14, 2015 03:59PM

So the facilities guy gets up there and screams alot how no one is fulfilling the cleaning assignment and tells us we need to get off our lazy backsides and help out and to stop skipping it. That if the building gets too dirty they will lock the doors..works for me. Thought the poor guy was going to have a heart attack.

This the reason why they need the janitors and it was dumb to get rid of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2015 03:59PM by ultra.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: June 14, 2015 04:12PM

"That if the building gets too dirty they will lock the doors"

Sounds like a good plan.

Would have been a good time to shout' Amen brother!....

O' wait, that's Baptist....Carry on.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 14, 2015 04:13PM

I just finished re-reading the thread about the 1985 Rose Bowl dance festival, and all the memories about how 'tolerable' the church was then, and how it seemed to be really growing... (I remember, sometime in the late 1960s, hearing that the "...stone uncut by human hands..." was really, REALLY rolling and we'd hit 100 million by the year 2000.)

Then I read the OP, in which the point is driven home that there just isn't much in the way of fun when it comes to mormonism...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 14, 2015 04:38PM

I wonder if that happened in the High Priests quorum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2015 04:40PM by donbagley.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 14, 2015 08:21PM

But aren't all equal before ghawd?

Posted by: cristib ( )
Date: June 14, 2015 08:45PM

Probably not. In two of the wards I belonged to after the "cleaning assignment" program started, it was believed that the HP group was too old to be able to effectively clean, and too frail to be able to wash windows and take out the trash.

And, those families with little kids were told NOT to bring their babies. Since I always had a new baby, I told them to go suck... whatever, because I wasn't leaving my baby or small children with babysitters (yes SITTERS), and have to pay for a couple of hours when I was working for free. NOR did I trust any other babysitters... I wouldn't leave my babies with my older kids, why would I leave them with 'strangers'? After 3 calls, and one "assignment" that I didn't show up for, I never got another call.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.