Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 08:31AM

I had lunch with a woman who works for the Church and is a TBM. As I said I was in Utah for 2 weeks. As a widower I have seen a trend with women in the Church and its about the priesthood. They are talking more about "how they have Priesthood Power, etc." So I was interested in what this sister had to say. She works for the Church in an important position. She hates working in the tall Church office building and works in some leased space in another building in SLC. She is solid TBM. Divorced twice and had both sealings cancelled. So she told me she was single and looking for a husband to wed in the temple for time and eternity. I asked her how could she could get the sealings cancelled when she was getting married again. She said it was Church policy for the last few years. She was in an abusive relationship and wanted the sealing cancelled. So they are.
She said there are so many single sisters in SLC looking for a guy to marry but she said most of the sisters see the guys as having problems that would not make them marriage material.
My take away is this, Everything I have been taught about a women having to be sealed to a man is now out the window. That is why I am hearing that women have the priesthood just like the guys.
Any more insight??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 08:47AM

It's been several years since my wife past. I have dated both Mormon and non Mormon women. The Mormon women think I am too worldly, do not read my scriptures enough, to critical of church leaders, do not have my thoughts on Christ enough, etc. Two of them told me they could not marry me unless they could be the only ones sealed to me. I explained that I am already sealed and they said you need to get them cancelled if you want to marry me. Now I think I see where this information was coming from.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 11:39AM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's been several years since my wife past. I have
> dated both Mormon and non Mormon women. The Mormon
> women think I am too worldly, do not read my
> scriptures enough, to critical of church leaders,
> do not have my thoughts on Christ enough, etc. Two
> of them told me they could not marry me unless
> they could be the only ones sealed to me. I
> explained that I am already sealed and they said
> you need to get them cancelled if you want to
> marry me. Now I think I see where this information
> was coming from.

This comment begs a very obvious question. Is Russell M. Nelson still sealed to two women for all time and eternity or did he get the sealing to his first wife cancelled either before or after he married Wendy L. Watson.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 10:10AM

To JoJu and the men who followed him, women were a commodity.

I think this is best shown via the 'teaching' that single women will be given to worthy men in the CK.

I think one reason the earlier prophets thought this would be necessary is that they didn't give females enough credit, as in, "they're too unworldly to sin so by default they'll be ever so many saved." This played to their horny exuberance.

What do TBM men know about horny women?

Is there a place in mormonism for horny women who want to go to the CK?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 11:34PM

CK scientists have succeeded in cloning Joseph Smith, but most horny LDS women will have to settle for a copy of a copy.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 11:32AM

Well, that is a change for sure if they let us divorced women get sealings cancelled now! I asked for one back in 1993. The answer I got back then was "the church doesn't do that" and "it will all be worked out in the eternities". When I asked a followup question of "so my ex will be turned straight in heaven?" I got an " I don't know" and wringing of hands from the bishop. Maybe Rusty got a revelation or something. Fools.

Posted by: outta the cult ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 01:34PM

"She works for the Church in an important position."

She probably has "friends in high places" who can get her perks that aren't available to the average Divorced Debbie in Duchesne. Sealing cancellation would be one of them.

-----

"She said there are so many single sisters in SLC looking for a guy to marry… The Mormon women think I am too worldly, do not read my scriptures enough, to critical of church leaders, do not have my thoughts on Christ enough, etc. Two of them told me they could not marry me unless they could be the only ones sealed to me. I explained that I am already sealed and they said you need to get them cancelled if you want to marry me."

Beggars can't be choosers. These women are going to die single and then (by their own doctrine) be *given* to other, already-married newly minted gods as Sister Goddess #352.

Maybe they'll be auctioned off? "I bid 4,000 quatloos for the blonde!" -- "Which one? They're all blondes up here." -- "The buxom one!" -- "Still not helpful."

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 11:24PM

Let me guess. Sealings are not canceled in the temple or with any kind of ritual or anything. It’s just a guy in an office with a computer, the same way they cancel your baptism when you resign. Bound in heaven, unbreakable on Earth except with an Intel or AMD processor. The power of Lucifer is strong.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.