Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tyrrhenia ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 04:04AM

I have been quite depressed these past few days. There is a lot of tension with TBM DH for many problems we have to deal with. His deeply ingrained stubborness, paired with an immovable belief in the church, is draining my whole being. Our two teenage children are... well... teenagers. And the weather... I think I have become extremely sensitive to weather changes. This grey sky and low temperature in the middle of June, at the wrong latitude where I find myself, just drive me nuts.

So, lacking energy and means to get better and lasting relief, I just had to get some comfort food, the lasting effect of which will be only on my hips, unfortunately:

I hate two large and thick slices of bread with NUTELLA!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 04:25AM

Well, on Sunday I had real sourdough bread with real butter. Four slices, I think. Totally disrupted my low-carb diet, but I'm back on track already with no apparent weight gain.

That really helped me get through 8 hours of church and family boredom after staying up all night. :)

Date: June 16, 2015 05:27AM

I did not hate, I ATE! Sorry for the mistake.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 09:35AM

Understand completely. We all yearn for sunshine and nice, sensible people. You need to take the "Donnerbalken Challenge"--more Nutella on bread, washed down with hot coffee, supplemented by other Ferrero products, and to burn it all off, long walks in nature. If you have any nature.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 09:49AM

I hope your spirits lift soon Tyr!
The bread and Nutella sounds delicious!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 09:52AM

I keep hoping storms roll in every day and they've done so for quite a while now. Evening thunderstorms. I have reason to be extremely depressed and I am . . . and even with my diabetes, I'm going to go eat that last piece of cake.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 09:52AM

"I just had to get some comfort food, the lasting effect of which will be only on my hips, unfortunately:
I ate two large and thick slices of bread with NUTELLA!!!!"

Ohhhh.....I was going along with ya, until I read the last word and it wasn't "bacon." :-)

Date: June 16, 2015 10:49AM

MD, can I wash down my Nutella bread with hot tea instead?

There is some nature around here, but it is flat and boring and it has been smelling like manure since yesterday.

randyj: bacon? is the best you can come up with? then you never had prosciutto crudo or salame toscano. Now that on bread is even better than Nutella!

Afternoon, now. Still grey and cold. I'll go get a hot tea.

Thanks, you guys!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 10:55AM

Tyrrhenia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that on bread is even better than
> Nutella!

OK, now I am worried about you -- because nothing is better on bread than Nutella. :)

Head up, Tyrrhenia. This too shall pass.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 01:08PM

randyj is right to point out that bacon is the answer to many of life's persistent questions.

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 10:53AM

I understand Tyrrhenia. I am under gray skies as well. Any chance yours are in Tx?

I have been wanting to plan a meetup in N Dallas somewhere.

Posted by: cristib ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 11:03AM

What part of N. Dallas? I may be up there for the next 1/2 of the week....

Actually, I'll be staying near the southern edge of Dallas, but am supposed to be looking at geography and homes on the northern part, but have no real idea. Looking towards Plano, Wiley, and hubbs just ruled out McKinney.....

Posted by: cristib ( )
Date: June 16, 2015 11:28AM

Yep, here in the Houston area, it's been a crazy week and couple of months. I think that's played a role in some of my on-going depression. I'm not back to taking meds yet, as I decided I wanted things to calm down after dh leaves, and hopefully after the sunshine returns. My doctor is giving me another 2 weeks.

The rain has been going on and off for a while now, and it is currently breezy but not raining. VERY humid.

OMGsh! I'm listening to the coverage of "Bill" and the anchor just goofed! He was talking about the weather and telling everyone to just stay put. "In otherwords, hunker down and enjoy a cold one!"

As soon as he said it, he realized his faux paux. Paused, then "I mean a cold drink, like a coke, ur, um a water, you know what I mean!" Poor kid. I don't think he's Mormon, but there are quite a few Mormons at the station!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.