Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Vote for Pedro ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 01:52PM

...in the Salt Lake Valley. Right next to a Mormon church. With my TM wife. And my BIC, RM, BYU, TM brother.

Just sayin'.

Having a pretty good day recovering and sending good perky vibes to all y'all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 04:01PM

Cheers, to you and your family!

One time one of my female relatives scrunched up her face into a twist, "What is that smell?!!!" Coffee. One of the loveliest smells on earth. It must smell even better in Utah. =)

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 04:35PM

Once worked for a principal (mormon) who decreed that teachers should never have a coffee cup on her/his desk. I made it a point EVERY day of going by the office WITH my coffee cup to check on one thing or another. Very satisfying!

Posted by: hawk ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 06:09PM

I remember one of my favorite teachers in elementary school always had a steaming cup of coffee on her desk. It smelled like hazelnuts. From third grade on I always loved to smell the coffee bean dispensers in the grocery store...and now I love to drink coffee.

Maybe he's got a point ;)

Convert those kids to coffee early!!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 06:04PM

Vote for Pedro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And my BIC, RM, BYU, TM

This describes me and
I'm reduced to acronyms.

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 08:46PM

This morning, I bought a huge bottle of alcohol, and a large can of coffee, and nothing else.

The alcohol was to kill spider mites, and the coffee was to keep the snails away. My garden thrives on coffee and alcohol!

Posted by: txnevermo ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 09:53PM

We lived in Utah when they opened the first Starbucks in Utah County (American Fork). We used to go every Sunday for coffee. It was the best part of my week. :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 11:05PM

I get a certain perverse pleasure from driving past an evangelical Christian church (huge attendance BTW) and the LDS ward chapel (parking lot 1/2 full) I was apparently a member of but never once set foot inside on my way to coffee most mornings.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Vote for Pedro ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 11:56PM

We don't live in Utah, but arrived yesterday for a visit. My brother happened to be in the area, so he joined us. He left TSCC shortly after we did, along with his wife. It's fun to have someone I can talk to about coffee AND how much our missions sucked.

Being comfortable in a coffee shop didn't come automatically to me. But I'm okay now. And doing it in Utah, on Sunday, and enjoying it was like a victory lap of sorts.

Also at the table with us was my six-year-old daughter, who enjoyed a strawberry smoothie, and will grow up without the weird hang ups I had to deal with.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 10:01AM

One of my joys when I lived in Utah was sitting on my front porch Sunday mornings, Watching the Mormons load up. While I sat there enjoying my big cup of coffee. Life is good,,

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 10:58AM

I enjoyed my McDonald's iced "skinny" vanilla lattes when visiting St. George in January. The weather was so mild there, I didn't miss my hot coffee back home in Buffalo. :)

Or the extreme cold either. ;)

St. George had enough diversity that even despite the Mormon population I felt right at home. Many snowbirds travel there from other parts of the country during wintertime. I was just one of many.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 11:03AM by amyjo.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 11:15AM

Like giving the cult the double-bird salute.

Makes me feel a whole lot better.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 11:26AM

I'm not really a coffee drinker (Much prefer tea) but this weekend someone bought me an iced vanilla Latte and it was quite nice ...... bloody expensive for a relatively small amount (works out to about £22/litre!) but quite nice

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.