Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 15, 2021 02:49PM

Truth be told, I liked her dresses and wore them with knee high or cowboy boots... :)

https://www.aol.com/entertainment/jessica-mcclintock-famed-fashion-designer-193441932.html

The fashion world has lost another visionary. Jessica McClintock, a famous designer known for her work in bridal and prom dresses, has died at the age of 90.

In an obituary published in the San Francisco Chronicle earlier this month, it was revealed that McClintock died on Feb. 16, peacefully in her sleep.

McClintock had celebrated her 50th anniversary in the business in 2020. In addition to her designs being featured by a variety of retailers, McClintock also had a network of self-owned domestic retail boutiques. She retired at age 83 in 2013, though her brand and legacy continue on. She and her son, Scott McClintock, also created a self-titled environmental foundation to support global environmental causes in 2018.

McClintock has dressed many celebrities, including Sissy Spacek and Hillary Clinton, who wore one of McClintock's designs in her 1975 wedding to Bill Clinton.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: March 15, 2021 03:11PM

I remember when Gunne Sax dresses were a big deal back in the 70s and 80s. I wore a Gunne Sax dress to the gold and green ball. The dresses were well made and very pretty.

I also liked the Jessica McClintock perfume.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 15, 2021 03:13PM

I used to go to thrift stores every weekend to find her dresses.

Now they are back in style and selling for hundreds of dollars online.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2021 03:14PM by anybody.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: March 15, 2021 03:26PM

Too bad I didn't save mine.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.