Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: July 02, 2015 12:40PM

I love watching the way these LDS weasels work.

From this article on the "reaffirmation of discrimination" statement to be read in LDS wards

we find this telling paragraph:

"Indeed, the church has advocated for rights of same-sex couples in matters of hospitalization and medical care, fair housing and employment, and probate, so long as these do not infringe on the integrity of the traditional family or the constitutional rights of churches."

Oh, yes, you have traditionally, always,and forever been fierce "advocates" of same sex couples.

As of about 6 months ago, when your hate rhetoric had already cost you billions of $ and hundreds of thousands of members.

What absolute snakes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: July 02, 2015 12:44PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 02, 2015 12:45PM

My TBM mother insisted at the time of Prop 8, & for years afterwards, that the cult told no one to contribute to Prop 8. All the while, TBMs in our family gave hundreds & thousands, canvassed, & worked in call centers towards it.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 02, 2015 01:00PM

Tristan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My TBM mother insisted at the time of Prop 8, &
> for years afterwards, that the cult told no one to
> contribute to Prop 8.

I've got a letter that the bishop in my local ward sent to all members (a NOM friend forwarded it to me) that says otherwise.
Direct quote:

"The First Presidency has asked that we give our time, our labor, and where we can, our financial support to this defense of morality and marriage."

Your mother is either uninformed or lying :) Sorry. But you already knew that, huh?

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 02, 2015 03:40PM

Oh I knew she was lying!

ETA — She says that everyone in the cult who was for Prop 8 supported it of their own volition, & not from any direction from the cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2015 05:19PM by Tristan.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 02, 2015 01:19PM

Well OK, but what happened to my choco ration??

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 02, 2015 01:41PM

Don't forget Mormons always have their own definitions for words.

Definition of Advocate for: When all else fails, giving in and doing the right thing under duress. Also bending to social pressure as a last resort. Appear to be magnanimous.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 02, 2015 01:49PM

This system has always been used by LDS Inc, which usually includes the quiet changing of doctrine..anonymously..As well as the hiding of history and the hiding of factual information.

This is all done with a whisper campaign of local leadership, denying any action ever happened.

The difference is now the information is far too available for this to be effective.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 02, 2015 02:25PM

Well that's what the internet has done to television, a revolutionary new medium not controlled and carefully filtered by the Ministry Of Truth.

We should take heart and rejoice in what we have while we have it at our fingertips.

Praise to the nerds who've shown us truer words.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.