Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sonofperdition ( )
Date: July 03, 2015 10:50PM

A judge ordered Jarrell to serve 100 hours of community service, 18 months of probation and pay a $900 fine.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teacher-escapes-jail-sexual-relationship-teen-article-1.1750176

How come this bitch gets away with rape and no jail time, and Donny Bills from Provo will probably get life in prison?

Bills should get life in prison. But how come this hoe gets a slap on the wrist. Any adult that rapes a child should get life in prison.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2015 10:51PM by sonofperdition.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 03, 2015 11:04PM

Because the girl she was having sex with was 1) 17, 2) they were only 6 years apart. It also looks like there was no grooming going on either. But the teacher was still very wrong, & she is being punished. Even as late as the '80s, what she did would not have been seen as anything bad.

Also what Donny Bills did was a billion times worse. He was sexually molesting & actually raping his victim. Not just having a relationship with an underage girl.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 01:26AM

Either teachers protect children, or they should be prosecuted. The female teacher actually whined that not only can she no longer teach, she might not even get to go on her niece and nephews field trips, and that's so hard! What?!

Her student thought she was in love, so that makes it different? One person needs to be the adult. She signed a contract when she took that position of responsibility, and was aware of the consequences. The fact that she only did community service and paid a small fine is crazy. She was a predator of a minor.

Date: July 04, 2015 04:45AM

She's really such a stupid idiot. She & the girl were less than 6 years apart, & she couldn't even wait until the girl turned 18. Less than a year. She really fucked up her life because of her sexual greed.

(On another note, I've known RMs who were older than this woman, who dated girls in high school. One girl I knew who moved away from my old ward got married in the temple when she was 16 to an RM. & the whole thing was approved by the SP, the bishop, & her parents. This was around 1989. It made me sick, & I wondered why in the hell her mother especially just didn't tell the guy to fuck off. He was clearly a predator. & then there was my cousin's husband. There he was 24 years old, dating girls who were 16-17 years old. They started dating when he was 25 & she was 17. No one at church batted an eye. Only my spinster unmarried aunt, out of all of the older adults, saw how wrong it was, & people acted like she was just jealous. My cousin & her husband ended up being married in the temple as well, of course.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 04:52AM by Tristan.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 10:09AM

Males like to watch/hear about young girls having Lesbian sex might be one of the reasons the teacher is not going to jail. I totally agree it is wrong but most likely you need to blame the judge unless there are some facts you do not know about.

Was the judge also a Mormon bishop? That would explain a lot of things.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 10:30AM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 01:33PM

I say this half in jest, but is it possible that because no penises/penii/penes were involved, it's not treated as seriously? It's not like the victim lost her 'temple virginity.'

Date: July 04, 2015 01:54PM

I think it was because she was under 25 & attractive, & her victim was almost 18. (I still think she should have done 6 months in jail.) There was another story about a female teacher having a relationship with a female student many years back, but she was convicted & sent to jail & had to register as a sex offender. But she was a very unattractive woman in her 40s, & quite predatory apparently.

But looks & youth will get you far!

Posted by: manimal ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 02:43PM

Teacher is 23? Looks like she's in her early 40s.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 03:34PM

Utah has special rules when the victim is close to 18, and the
perpetrator is close in age to the victim. Had the victim been
15 and the perpetrator 35, then things would have been different
given the exact same facts otherwise.

Date: July 04, 2015 03:38PM

Thank you for verifying my assumptions in my initial post.

Posted by: throckmorton.p.guildersleeve ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 05:35PM

I rather doubt the outcome would have been much different had the perp been 35. In Utah its pretty common for women sex offenders to get off much lighter, though damned if I could tell you why. In fact, often even the papers report sexual relationships between adult women and youth (of either gender) as something light like "inappropriate sexual relationship" where for men its almost always reported simply as rape. Again I have no idea where this attitude comes from but its clearly in evidence every time a woman is caught doing this crap.

Having said that I agree that the age of the vic, the age of the perp, etc should factor in. A 22 year old having sex with a 17 year old is different from a 37 year old sleeping with a 14 year old. But if a man having sex with an underage girl is rape, the same must be said of a woman having sex with an underage boy right? or girl for that matter.

Posted by: theviking ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 05:42PM

Oooooh niccccccce (south park)

Is it just me or do the female teachers get away with a lot more?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 06:01PM

I have zero sympathy for teachers who abuse their positions in this manner. They all know better. The teacher was very lucky that she didn't get jail time.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 08:46AM

excuse me?
I wouldn't mind a bit this bitch would rape me when I was 16....

Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 09:22AM

http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/08/sr/statelaws/summary.shtml

"Utah. In contrast, Utah’s reporting requirements define as reportable offenses some activities that are legal according to the state’s criminal code. For example, sexual conduct with someone who is at least 16 years of age and less than 18 years of age is only illegal if the defendant is 10 or more years older than the victim. However, sexual abuse, a reportable offense, is defined to include all acts of sexual intercourse, molestation, or sodomy directed towards someone under 18 years of age regardless of the age of the defendant."

Clear as mud.

Posted by: Just curious ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 12:24PM

I have a hypothetical question.

Let's say a college student has a class with a certain teacher while the student is single in their twenties and teacher is married. 5 years later the teacher is divorced and no longer teaching, meets the said student in their late 20s, sparks fly, and they end up sleeping with each other and possibly having a meaningful relationship afterward. The teacher is 17 years older but looks much younger. Neither consider the other their old teacher/student and they don't care about the age difference.

Is this wrong? (George Costanza pleading ignorance)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 01:05PM

Why would there be anything wrong with that? They are consenting adults with no professional ties.

Professors would be wise to consult the policies of their respective universities. I personally think it's okay for a professor and a student to date as long as the student has completed any needed classes with that particular professor.

Posted by: Just curious ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 02:46PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why would there be anything wrong with that? They
> are consenting adults with no professional ties.
>
> Professors would be wise to consult the policies
> of their respective universities. I personally
> think it's okay for a professor and a student to
> date as long as the student has completed any
> needed classes with that particular professor.

IDK. Social norms. Some think the age difference is too much. Others think it would tarnish the legacy of the former professor. I've thrown it by some people and gotten mixed answers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.