Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 08:25AM

https://www.lds.org/manual/to-young-men-only/to-young-men-only?lang=eng

There are some men who entice young men to join them in these immoral acts. If you are ever approached to participate in anything like that, it is time to vigorously resist.

While I was in a mission on one occasion, a missionary said he had something to confess. I was very worried because he just could not get himself to tell me what he had done.

After patient encouragement he finally blurted out, “I hit my companion.”

“Oh, is that all,” I said in great relief.

“But I floored him,” he said.

After learning a little more, my response was “Well, thanks. Somebody had to do it, and it wouldn’t be well for a General Authority to solve the problem that way.”

I am not recommending that course to you, but I am not omitting it. You must protect yourself.

There is a falsehood that some are born with an attraction to their own kind, with nothing they can do about it. They are just “that way” and can only yield to those desires. That is a malicious and destructive lie. While it is a convincing idea to some, it is of the devil. No one is locked into that kind of life. From our premortal life we were directed into a physical body. There is no mismatching of bodies and spirits. Boys are to become men—masculine, manly men—ultimately to become husbands and fathers. No one is predestined to a perverted use of these powers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 09:38AM

All that he stood for.

I found it interesting that when my friend told me about his talk "To The One," I bought the book that the talk was published in. I bought one for my mother for Christmas that year. She confessed to me not long after Christmas that she had given it away as the book made her feel horrible. My mom was a TBM, a very gentle soul who lived a hard life, and served everyone. As my brother pointed out, everyone who had a disability flocked to my mother. She was the oldest child of 2 deaf parents and she was their voice as long as they lived, and he made her feel she wasn't good enough.

That's how much love he spewed out of his mouth.

Posted by: Britboy ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 09:51AM

This story comes from my mission, England Leeds Miision, when i was there. It was packers son who hit his companion because he was gay and kept coming onto packers son. Packer turned up at the mission and interrogated us all!

Date: July 04, 2015 12:33PM

I think equal marriage killed him off!

Date: July 04, 2015 05:21PM

A German ex mo and returned missionary was around when Packers son decked his companion. I wonder if he is still in this group and could give more info?

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 05:25PM

This publication, which is still on LDS.org, is from 1994. That means they were still pushing that story into the 1990s, even though the original talk was from 1978. Since they haven't hidden this pamphlet, they are apparently not ashamed of BKKKP advocating for violence against gay bashing.

If someone hits on you, it's a compliment. If you do not reciprocate, a simple "no" should suffice. Violence is only acceptable if the other person is physically assaulting you. A gay man hitting on you is not an excuse to "deck" him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.