Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 12:56PM

You would think he (the Bishop) would get the hint that we don't open the door for unannounced visitors. Finally have the youngest trained not to run and open the door. Wife and I were taking a nap. We didn't hear the knock at the door. We were in pajama bottoms and not really dressed for company. What is with these leadership types showing up unannounced? My oldest son was able to see him on the doorstep standing. Knocked 2x and finally left. If you want to visit, email me doof. I'll let you know if you can come by.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 01:08PM

Maybe you should just nonchalantly start giving him a shopping list. If he's going to keep coming by, the very least he could do would be to bring eggs and a 1/2 gallon of milk.

Seriously, tell him you'll see him if he can fulfill an assignment for you. Tell him you'll see him if he can explain in detail how the Book of Mormon was translated. Or have him right a few paragraphs on where the church would be today if Smith had been successful at selling the copyright to the Book of Mormon.

Date: July 06, 2015 01:11PM

Meh, just as easy to ignore him and let him sit on the porch stewing in frustration. Not worth my time and effort to go over the arguing points. Easier just to take a nap or watch a movie. Wish I had a movie going as I have a fairly loud home theater which you can hear from the street. That would have been better. He can email if he wants to talk that much.

I will take your advice and ask him if he can pick up some milk on his way over in an email.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 01:12PM

Don't let him in ever again.

If he shows up,telling him in no uncertain terms that you don't want him to come uninvited.

You cannot hint with such people, you need to be firm and rude if needed.

Date: July 06, 2015 01:14PM

We just ignore it. Plus I wasn't dressed. Walking around in clothes you would wear to bed at night. It might be interesting if I told him he interrupted us having sex.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 01:14PM by shodanrob.

Posted by: stormbow ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 05:24PM

Remeber, vampires can't enter the premises if uninvited ;)

Posted by: Hose ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 01:17PM

Get the hose...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 01:21PM

He's going to keep showing up until you inform him that he needs to make an appointment with you ahead of time. Tell him directly, because your hints aren't working.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 02:46PM

My son's lab puppy put an end to the bishop's unannounced visits by emptying his bladder on his leg.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 02:47PM

Good Doggie

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 05:38PM

Well isn't that hose...of sort?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 03:18PM

my closed gate works pretty well for keeping mormon jackasses off my property.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 03:45PM

How would it read if you said "Accountant/Dentist/Insurance Broker/Local Farmer/Lawyer/Contractor keeps showing up unannounced"?

Weird.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 03:49PM

aren't all bishops dentists ?

Date: July 06, 2015 03:55PM

Mine is a financial advisor who does not know how to advise people about their life or difficulties. The spirit does not guide him. But at least he can help the ward and church invest properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 03:55PM by shodanrob.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 05:43PM

"Don't let it happen again or I'll have to file a complaint with the local police."

Leave that message on his phone or tell directly him if he answers your call.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.