Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 12:42PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 12:45PM

Truth usually works quite well.

Date: July 07, 2015 01:04PM

Nothing like the smell of truth in the morning.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 01:41PM

as soon as I told them I could see through the view of dishonesty they were out of there,

that dusting off the shoes to show they should never come back and hear anything that would make them question their religion

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 08:43PM

Beer

Coffee.... Do they make a coffee scent, perfume, cologne?

Might be kinda cool.

Date: July 07, 2015 09:40PM

I like the smell of coffee. Some Mormons I know hate it, others like it. My neighbor is going to make coffee soap. They like it.

Me personally, I'm driven away by the smell of stale Cheerios, musty pew carpet, and ground in dust. That chapel smell repels me.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 02:02PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the smell of coffee. Some Mormons I know
> hate it, others like it.

My maternal grandparents, though nominally mormon, were never very active, and always "jack" mormons. It used to drive my TBM mother crazy when they'd come visit, and grandma would start a pot of coffee in the morning (she brought her own percolator, of course). Mom would whisper to me and my siblings, "Oh, I hate that smell!"

After my grandfather died, and grandma moved in with one of mom's sisters in Alpine, they forbade her the morning coffee she'd loved for 60 or 70 years. And they started hauling her to church every Sunday -- conditions of her living with them.
It was sad.

Date: July 08, 2015 02:05PM

Your poor grandmother. My mother's mother was able to have her coffee her whole life despite her two daughters pestering her about drinking it. I feel for her. What a "sin" to take it from her as her life is closing.

Posted by: cristib ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 02:20PM

My grandpa drank his coffee and had his burned toast every day until the day he died. My grandmother confided she missed the burned toast, but my aunts let her smell coffee every morning - she never liked the taste, but loved the smell. Evidently, when she went into her nursing home, she started drinking the stuff, simply because she had read about the studies that it would help her asthma, senility, and heart (something my granddad had said all my growing up, but there weren't the studies back then, that I know of).

I too am sorry that your grandma had to give up a healthy vice. It just isn't fair that Mormons don't truly believe their 11th article of faith, and allow others their rights to worship who, what, where or when they want (even if it isn't worshiping, but enjoying a cup of coffee).

Posted by: Reinventinggrace not logged in ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 08:51PM

Do you live in Washington, Oregon, or Colorado?

RG

Date: July 07, 2015 09:20PM

No.

Posted by: yamsi ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 02:21PM

Reinventinggrace not logged in Wrote:
> Do you live in Washington, Oregon, or Colorado?
>
> RG

Was this going to be a C@nn@bi$ scented suggestion? LOL

Posted by: sonofperdition ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 08:53PM

buy a top hat, shit in it and tell a tbm that you found the original seer stone and that they are welcome to try it out.

Posted by: cristib ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 08:54PM

If it's sister missionaries... Testosterone.

But, then again, my TBM SnIL can't stand the smell of my fresh coffee. The smell of my 'liquid medication' - wine is also a deterrent (He leaves as soon as it's poured, even if I try to mix it with other liquids). He also really doesn't like it when I've got this site and other "anti" sites open on my computer!

If it's the sisternaries, again, I'd have the computer on to the church's web site, and open to something that they would be surprised at seeing on official church sites!

But then, if you are looking for something to send (vs scent), just an easy letter to the bishop for a DO NOT CONTACT might do the trick. But if the wifey is trying to get you pulled back, it may give some dumb pric the idea that you need MORE contact!

Oh, if sugar is truly addictive, and most people are addicted, then it would seem to me that the opposite odor could easily repel people. Something bitter? Broccoli? Cooked Cabbage? FART (yes, you can buy fart scent, but I don't know where), something that you despise!

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 04:35PM

"If it's sister missionaries... Testosterone."

A couple of Hispanic sister missionaries used to ask me to go with them when they gave discussions to single males. One of them would stare at me the whole time we sat there. She gave me wet dreams. Weird stuff.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 09:40PM

I sometimes feel I was sent to repel mormons.

Oh, you mean scent? Tee hee, you made a funny! :D

Posted by: The Dude ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 10:42PM

Burn a joint and splash on some whiskey. That would do it I think.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 10:54PM

The smell of a church bathroom that hasnt been cleaned by you.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 11:16PM

said it already. Coffee, yep. I was raised liking the smell of coffee. My dad's parents house always smelled like coffee and my dad drank coffee all my life, though we didn't have a coffee maker.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 03:01AM

You can buy (at Bed Bath and Beyond) little fake pies to put in your oven, that smell exactly like the real thing. Why make your house smell nasty? I refuse to allow the Mormons to stink up my house.

Put in the pie, turn on your oven, and set the timer for 12 minutes. Comment on the delicious pie you are baking, and make sure they know that it is not for them. They are not important enough. Besides, you are too busy to really visit much, and you are on your way to take the pie to some REAL friends. When the buzzer goes off--zzzzzt! visit over!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 05:59AM

They are so used to the stench of their own foul rancid MORmON doctUrine, It's not certain what would deter them, as there is no set scent for truth,

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 02:10PM

My brother's called it HPDG High Priest Death Gas, the smell that gathers in that priesthood classroom on Sundays. Literally old farts.

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 02:15PM

because 60% of the time it works every time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ccp-lEmoAE

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 04:32PM

I don't like the taste of coffee, but I sure like the smell. I've kept a Mr Coffee and some Folger's for my nevermo folks for years.

Now, Mom's dead and Pop has mostly gone off coffee after being hospitalized with a nasty case of bronchitis. He still drinks it at coffee and rolls after Mass on Sundays, but that's it. Recently, he mentioned he's not drinking ice tea anymore.

I asked him if he was going to be a Mormon. He laughed.

Other Susan

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 07:29PM

Eau de Logic

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 08:01PM

Holytheghost, lololol!! That was a hilarious clip!

Posted by: saved by the board ( )
Date: July 08, 2015 09:46PM

I use cigarette smoke with fresh-brewed coffee...keeps mormons AND catholics away.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 02:48PM

saved by the board Wrote:
> I use cigarette smoke with fresh-brewed
> coffee...keeps mormons AND catholics away.
But people looking for the AA meeting'll
follow their noses right to it!

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 01:53PM

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 11:48PM

I was going to say the smell of farts but it seems like Mormons like the smell of shlt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.