Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 11:03AM

My new name is Dan. June 9, 2001. Sharing that was one of the most liberating experiences in my transition out of Mormonism.

Don't forget to submit yours to the Temple Name Oracle if you haven't already. It was created right here on this forum three years ago today.

http://www.fullerconsideration.com/templenameoracle.php

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 11:10AM

Hi, i'm Martha.

Thanks for the Oracle. It's been enlightening,freeing, and sometimes hilarious.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 12:55PM

You're welcome!

I get a kick out of some of the submissions too. Just last month someone said his new name was "Spiderman penis fuck." My highly sophisticated filter system identified that one as a troll.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 11:28AM

Hi,

I'm Luke. I don't recall the exact date off the top of my head, but I have entered it correctly in the oracle's database.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 11:41AM

Naomi- took out my endowments in 1999.

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 01:23PM

Elijah 1979 Los Angeles

Posted by: moronie-balonie ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 01:27PM

Martha here as well. I thought that the big guy was trying to tell me something when I got my super-secret-only-I-get-this-name on my emotionally harrowing first time through the temple day.

I have always hated the story of Martha and Mary, and I felt that Jesus was not acting very perfect when he scolds Martha for getting the necessary work done. I think that he should have offered to help out, and he could either talk while he helped, or told everyone that he would speak when the work was done. Why did he think that he needed to humiliate her in front of everyone and make her the "bad guy" in his object lesson? Bad form Jesus. Bad form.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 04:00PM

Hi I'm dumb-Ass. (That's how I felt in mormondumb)

Posted by: cristib ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 05:00PM

Already entered. I first put mine in as a tentative, because I thought I remembered it, but dh insisted that I was wrong. But, having so many others confirm....

Eunice, June 2, 1992.

Interesting, as my husband's is a familial name. He 'accidentally' found out that it is also his ex-best friend's new name as well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2015 05:00PM by cristib.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 05:19PM

14 Nov 1968, I was renamed Isaac. I once thought I had forgotten my new name and so I asked my wife if she remembered it. Silly me, she says you never told me. Dah, that's right. I guess I had forgotten that as well. Thanks to the Temple Name Oracle I was able to check and by golly I hadn't forgotten my name after all. What a bunch of BS this whole thing is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2015 05:21PM by michaelc1945.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 06:04PM

Moroni, 19 July 1978, Provo temple.

[edit: looked up exact endowment date]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2015 09:05PM by Void K. Packer.

Posted by: exmember5000 ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 06:08PM

Lois. I like mine because of Lois and Clarke the New Adventures of Superman. I like superman a LOT! 2000 was when I got mine.

Posted by: Mine is correct ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 06:29PM

Posted by: theviking ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 07:20PM

I remember thinking my name was supposed to be special and just for me... Then when I became a temple worker I found out they just cycled the name every day. Then I realized that my dad and brother in law knew my new name...

I felt so gypped.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 08:41PM

Hannah!!

. . . Crap, now I'm going to hell.

;o)

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 09, 2015 08:55PM

Mulva... it was on Nov 17...... I always remember it because it rhymes with vulva. The funny thing is, is that I don't remember
that name in the new testament,the old testament or the BOM.

I was happy to keep it secret.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 01:32PM

There's no "Mulva" on the linked site! I think a gust a wind knocked you on your head.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 07:15PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's no "Mulva" on the linked site! I think a
> gust a wind knocked you on your head.

Is that what that was? Wind? Whew.

Posted by: lush ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 12:41AM

Hello my name is Simeon, Jordan River Temple 2001 August/September I think although not really sure on that.

Posted by: notloggedin ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 12:44AM

Eve. September 1999. You'll notice on the temple Oracle that there is no Eve. Apparently, when your real name is the same as the pre-assigned new name for the day, you get the name Eve??? Can anyone confirm this? See, I knew I was extra-special!!!

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 12:54AM

I was wondering what happens when the "new" name is the same as the person's given name.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 02:03AM

When I was attempting to be a temple worker and learning all big secrets, I was amazed when they parked us in a room and held up a sign for the nom du jure. Everyone going thru the temple that day got the same name. They wouldn't say it aloud, but they held up a card with the name on it. That's why it was so secret--so no one would would know the hokey method of receiving that "sacred" name.

I'd give anything to be the one who printed out those cards. I would print:

Shaniqua
Trixie
Candy
Gypsie
Kittie
Freddie
Chuck
Tubbie
Scooter

Then I would pretend to be sick and go home.
Saucie, maybe someone did that with "Mulva."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2015 02:18AM by GodLedMeOut.

Posted by: Anon today ( )
Date: July 13, 2015 12:04AM

You're the BEST!

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 07:09AM

I'm Sarah!

I got my endowments in early 1990. Just before the changes were made....

can't remember the date but I was just pregnant with my son and he was born in nov. 1990.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 01:42PM

Hi, I'm Jonah.

Mesa, AZ Temple 1983.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 04:11PM

Obviously it was Abigail. March 10th 2004 2 month before I left for my Mission.
BF got Hyrum March 13th 2012 also 2 Month before he left for MTC.

Posted by: magic823 ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 04:14PM

Oliver - SLC Temple, Dec. 27, 1974

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 04:18PM

Elias! ( think..) somewhere in the early 70's, I guess. Who gives a rat's ass.

Posted by: youarehere ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 09:43PM

I love the Temple name oracle! I tell my TBM friends and family about its existence from time to time. Here is my story with it:

I don't have a new name but my exhusband does. One day about a year ago I asked him what his name was and he wouldn't tell me. He was a convert for about 5 years and hasn't been active in a few years. I told him I could look it up instead and he asked me to respect him and not to look it up so I did not.

Fast forward a few months and I'd had enough and we get separated. My curiosity took over and I had an insider look up his endowment date and then I went and looked up his name. I would have kept it to myself but the timing collided perfectly with an event my ex orchestrated. He told my father some very personal information about me that he knew I had never told my father.

When I texted him to confront him about it, he said he told my father because my mother knew and he didn't think spouses should have secrets. That was a shit excuse but I texted him back and said, "Oh really Levi?"

He immediately recognized what I meant and got really angry (not that it mattered by that point) so I am positive that his new name Levi is correct in the database haha. I can't remember the exact date but he went through in 2009 I believe.

He didn't talk to me again after that. It has been a good year!

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: July 13, 2015 12:23AM

Sweet revenge!
Some people are more pleasant many miles away.

Posted by: neverfooledagain ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 10:27PM

I'm Abish. 2013 DC Temple.

The whole new name thing is nuts! Just screams of cult. And when I asked the Temple matron what that was all about, she said she didn't know but that "we do know" it has a purpose and we'll need it someday. What a crock!!

The fact that I was TBM for nearly 40 years is SO EMBARRASSING.

Posted by: anon124 ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 11:18PM

susanna march 28 2013

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 11:31PM

Ephraim. I only have a rough idea when I was first endowed, late.December 1986. The day I knew I would probably no longer identify as Mormon.

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 11:42PM

Abinadi...that old shriveled up man in the painting.
Sometime in November 1977. Salt Lake Temple LIVE, with an 85 year old "Eve" It was "old school" temple...slit your throat, disembowel yourself, if you ever told the secrets of the temple...damn, where did I put that Bowie Knife????

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: July 13, 2015 12:11AM

Ahh, memories of the disembowlment, live actors (Uncles). Good times

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: July 13, 2015 12:51AM

25 October 1997. I was named "Levi". My ex-wife went through on 1 Nov and was named "Ruth".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.