Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: July 24, 2015 09:58AM

I know that people say the temple video is only figurative. Some say it is literal. But note the following.

In the three videos that have come out in the last few years, it shows an altar that Adam built. I think the script goes "that Adam built an altar"

If you look at each the altars, some of the stones have to weigh at least 1000 pounds. "Okay Eve, take that side of the rock. I'll take this side. Ready. Lift."

Just an observation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: July 24, 2015 10:30AM

I used to get the biggest laugh out of the Adam and Eve bronze statue on temple square. --- I mean WHAT WHERE THESE PEOPLE THINKING!!! (both the mormon sculptor and the morgbots who put in on display on "holy ground") LOL.

If you look at the statue (and I have no idea if it is still there) Adam and Eve are sacrificing on an altar -- but WHAT are they sacrificing?!?!? hmmmmmm.

They are sacrificing FRUITS and PLANTS -- that's what Cain tried to do too!!!!

LOL -- I stumped a good number to tour guides in my time with that one -- they ALMOST lost their testimonies I'm sure. Lol

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: July 24, 2015 11:14AM

Joe claimed that he found Adam's altar. How can apologists now argue that it's only figurative? Their scriptures still include crap about Eden being in Jackson County and Adam-Ondi-Ahman being where Adam lived after being kicked out of the garden...where he would return, saints would gather, etc... So Joe just made all that up, but he was telling the truth about the changing first vision and priesthood restoration stories?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 24, 2015 11:40AM

Eve had to have been a real baby making machine! Lucky thing human new borns are self-sufficient.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 24, 2015 02:17PM

would not date

or workout with

a chick with no bellybutton

(srs)

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: July 24, 2015 04:07PM

"Eve, what do you want for your birthday?"

"Plastic surgery."

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: July 24, 2015 02:23PM

remember they were over 9 feet tall, broad and hefty people, like the gods are suppose to be. They were blue eyed, aryan featured people. We have supposedly degenerated since then.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 24, 2015 03:04PM

Rocks didn't weigh anything until after the fall?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.