Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 04:46PM

Do Mormons believe Allah the God of Islam is also Jesus or is Allah a totally different God? If Allah and Jesus are the same God, why the different names?

If Allah is a different God would Allah be considered a killing God like the OT God is? Do Mormons consider Allah to be a different name for Satan? Is Allah a brother to the OT Jesus?

Is Allah just another mythical character to justify murder, rape and theft of funds?

Does belief in Allah instead of Jesus absolve throwing acid in girls faces, raping them or killing girls for wanting to learn? What I hear about how the followers of Islam treat women so badly reminds me of the FLDS religion. Same God just a different name perhaps? All phony gods?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 04:47PM by themaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 04:51PM

Which cartoon character is the ONLY TROO cartoon character that all the other cartoon characters should believe in?

My cartoon character can beat up your cartoon character. And if you don't agree with me, then I will solve the problem by killing you in the name of my cartoon character.

See how powerful my cartoon character is? My cartoon character can cost you your life.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 05:12PM

I would consider Allah to be the equivalent of the Biblical God (Jehovah or Elohim, take your pick.) Muslims accept Jesus as a prophet but they consider Muhammad to be the superior prophet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 05:12PM by summer.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 12:26PM

I hear all the time that Islam accepts Jesus as a prophet. What real evidence is there that they do. What teachings attributed to Jesus do they adhere to?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 05:40PM

According to an acquaintance Who is Muslim Allah is the same as the God of the old testament

Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 05:43PM

themaster baiter strikes again...

Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 05:45PM

If Allah "neither begets nor is he begotten" (Qur'an 112:1-4) then that's very hard to match up with either the Mormon or Trinitarian views of God

Posted by: krampus! ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 07:43PM

Allah, according to Islam, is the primal enabling force for the existence of everything. In Islam, Allah does not have emotions and desires that humans have. In the Quran there are allegories to such, but it is simply poetry. Basicly, in Islam Allah is the most basicly natural force unknowed by science, something that scientists and atheists all know exist, they just haven't discovered it, hence haven't given a name for it. Muslims simply have, that is all.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 07:56PM

From the claims of their desires, actions, requirements, commands, etc. -- different.
As are most of the 30,000 or so variations of the "christian god."
I can't imagine how people can say, "We all worship the same god," when the gods the claim to worship all have different desires, actions, requirements, and commands. They're clearly different imagined god-things.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:14PM

Humans worship projections of our own overinflated egos. In a way, we worship the mirror. Whatever we see looking back at us we automatically think is wonderful.

When I look in the mirror, I stand all amazed.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 08:14PM

Islam is considered part of the big three Abrahamic religions along with Judaism and Christianity. Jesus' dad is Allah, or Elohim or Yaweh or whatever one chooses to call the mythical monotheist deity. Christianity is the most derivative of the three, as it flirts seriously with polytheism by adding Jesus. Of course they have ways of talking around that. Mormonism is even more off on a tangent because they believe everybody can be a god, God had a god dad, and so in effect are intensely polytheistic. Their mythology leads to a conclusion that there are an infinite number of gods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 08:18PM by rationalist01.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 05:59AM

Allah means "god" in Arabic. Allah is not a personal name like Jehovah. Allah is the same god of Abraham worshipped by Jews and Christians. Islam acknowledges Jesus of Nazareth as a prophet but not as a divine being or avatar of God.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 04:13PM

anybody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Allah is the same
> god of Abraham worshipped by Jews and Christians.

That's the kind of statement that is problematic.

How can "the same god" have entirely different claimed attributes, have done entirely different claimed actions, have a substantially different claimed history, have different claimed commands and orders and rituals, etc.?

Something that's entirely or substantially different from something else is not "the same." It's different.

Posted by: Nancy Rigdon ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 09:43PM

^^^THIS^^^

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 12:07AM

You forget that men made god. God didn't make men. First comes Akenaten saying there is only one god. That made a lot people very angry. Then the Hebrews start saying not only is there one god but also that they have a special deal with him. No one really cares about this for several hundred years until Judea becomes part of the Roman Empire. Then the Romans get angry with the Jews for refusing to participate in the Roman state cult which they saw as unpatriotic (the Romans didn't care what gods you worshiped as long as you acknowledged the supremacy of the Roman state). People in other parts of the Empire start to get curious about the Jews and their religion but are shocked to discover that it's not so easy to become Jewish. After the turmoil of the Judean War and destruction of the Temple, a new group of people who call themselves Christians comes along with a new messianic form of Judaism without all the dietary laws, circumcision, etc. After a few hundred years Christianity becomes the Roman state religion, the Greco-Roman religion was suppressed, and Judaism was allowed to continue but with heavy restrictions. As the Eastern Roman Empire began to lose influence a new power arose in its place -- Islam. According their prophet Mohammad both Jews and Christians are wrong and that Islam is the only true religion.

Did the Hebrews get the concept of a single god from Akenaten? No one knows. The Christians never told the Jews their god was illegitimate -- as the Jews told the Romans -- but that only their religion was wrong. The Muslims did the same thing to both the Jews and the Christians. That's how all three religions believe in the same god. Same basic story, same characters, different script.

Posted by: One Who Posted ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 09:26AM

Both Christianity and Islam worship the same God, but in Islam Got is known as Allah. Jesus was one of Islam's prophets, according to their teachings. To make the story short and simple, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be unto him) fulfilled the laws of Jesus and, using Mormon parlance, "ushered in the Final Dispensation." Yes, he beat Joseph Smith to the punch by some 1,300 years.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 10:23AM

Is Kris Kringle the same as St Nicholas or different?

What about Krampus? Is he the same as Stan or different?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 12:29PM

Both constructs and equally irrelevant but responsible for most of the strife in the world for the last 5000 years.

RB

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 11:55AM

How about "are" instead of "and" ?

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 09:54PM

No way in HELL any motherfucking moslem diety be the same as mine. NOT A FUCKING CHANCE! pisslam is the most vile, murdurous shit of the entire universe. Of all the orbs of space, and that shit had to take root on this one.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 12:22PM

Same god, almost same religion.

Posted by: notnevernomo ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 01:24PM

Muslims call the people of their own faith, "people of the book". They extend that same title to both Jews and Christians because they all have the same god. Abraham of the Bible features pretty prominently in the Qur'an (as Ibrahim ibn Azar) and his God is called YHWH by the Jews, Allah by the Muslims and God by the Christians who have no imagination, whomsoever.

One of the best lines from NCIS was from Zeva (Jewish), speaking to a Christian jerk who had just insulted Islam to a Muslim prisoner, "When you insult his religion, you insult mine and your own."

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 10:53AM

They are simply different incarnations / aspects of the same delusion.

Posted by: metatron ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 04:18PM

From what I see, if there are 500 million people (I have no idea what the real number is) in Christianity, then it is possible that there are 500 million different Fathers, 500 million different Sons, and 500 million different Holy Ghosts. Then we look at Islam, and its hundreds of millions...

Sure, every religion has a Council, or a Quorum, or something that gets together to argue and get their story straight from time to time, but I have this theory that when people believe in God, they conceptualize their own personal God, according to their experiences and perceptions of life, consciously or unconsciously.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 04:25PM

Like most faiths out there, the Mormons think the others made their s**t up while their version is correct. Mormons, as far as I know, simply believe that Muhammad was a false prophet, the Quran was man made, and that "Allah" is an incorrect version of God.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.