Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 10:42PM

The clip is only 16 seconds long but sums up his style. Oh flip! Oops, I mean flap, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIIjCjRfeUI

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 10:54PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 10:58PM

personal attacks don't serve anyone, his appearance isn't / shouldn't be an issue; Isn't the focus on appearances what We criticize THEM for?

Posted by: blankstare ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 11:03PM

Its not an attack on him. It's more like: "Hey, you look like Such and such an actor" except in this case the actor is a dog.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 11:12PM

I think that the issue, "Do personal attacks help anyone" would be an interesting debate.

We could be like SCOTUS and listen to arguments and then each write an opinion. Which is to say, politely, just because someone states what he or she believes to be how something should be does not make it the moral standard.

Especially when you make the initial 'statement' to a community that has members who have announced before hand that they are atheists, i.e., moral relativists.

I'm not saying I'm for personal attacks, because my initial reaction would be to say I'm not, but then upon reflection, I could script a situation in which cold blooded murder would be the optimal course of action. Any of you could!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 12:05AM

OK, after thinking about this issue for awhile, I am forced to concede that personal attacks of any kind are simply unkind, unfair, and unjustified.

That being said, in the spirit of fairness which has dawned on me, the posting of this video link and its association with Jeff Holland is no longer humorous to me. This is grossly unfair to some unwitting canine.

Posted by: blankstare ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 11:00PM

We need a "like" button.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 11:04PM

outstanding research and video documentation !

I hope that Jeff Holland is not compelled to hunt you and find you and jowl flap you .....or cut your throat, after the manner of Holland ass-holiness to the lord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CiyrZd-kB0

Posted by: wonder ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 11:09PM

It's funny, but no personal attacks please.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 10:11AM

Yes. Insulting that poor, innocent dog was uncalled for.

Posted by: l Tom Petty ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 11:26PM

It is not a personal attack. It is one person's testimony.

I would have thought that that was a shot of him in the days of '47 parade.

But seriously folks, if these guys didn't claim to be God's true representatives on the earth, I would have a little more respect for them. They all need to be whacked down a few notches.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: July 26, 2015 11:55PM

Ask the jowl flapping dog if the video is a personal attack on Jeffrey. The dog would consider its comparison to Jeffrey a cudo for Jeffrey.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, especially when your jowls are so flappy they can actually whap you in the eye.

Public figures are fair game for personal attacks. Lying, cheating, self-embarrassing public figures especially.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 12:11AM

+ 1,0000

I agree wholeheartedly with I Tom Petty, "But seriously folks, if these guys didn't claim to be God's true representatives on the earth, I would have a little more respect for them."

My further complaint is that they make the claim rather arrogantly and grandiously to be God's true representatives on the earth, but where or where is the evidence for this claim? Seriously???? It's not like they haven't had scores of opportunities to set the record straight.

Take the Hinkster for example. I mean would a golden prophet who regularly had a chat with God provide a great income for the likes of Mark Hoffman? Oh silly me, he did mutter in the beard he dare not sport that he didn't even know the man. Hehe.

Would real men of God, real prophets who present nothing but the truth so help me, well, God, refuse to meet with troubled members personally? One would think that this would be one of their very TOP priorities. Hearing of only one suicide happening when they refused to meet with a troubled member should be MORE THAN ENOUGH to make this policy go to a place that it never sees daylight again.

Every six months members are indoctrinated once again when they are told in GC that they are being led by THE true prophet in the only true church on the FACE OF THE EARTH. Every six months this lie is perpetuated.

Yeah, I think it is more than OK to poke fun at these Conmen.
I think it is mandatory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2015 12:14AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: Gort ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 01:32AM

Outstanding.

Respect for liars and hypocrites?

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 06:15AM

You can tell that he is lieing because his lips are moving. Bad Dog !

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 11:35AM

wow

much flap

amaze

cricket attack

such personel

so doge

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 12:38PM

I thought someone might have actually recorded Holland driving himself. The video link turned out to be better than what I originally thought the link would be.

Thanks for the laugh!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 01:21PM

With the flapping jowls he promotes The Lord, but his actions are far from The Lord.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 01:26PM

Big flap over flap. What a bunch of flap. Someone should flap him up side the head. motherflapper...

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 01:43PM

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha

Hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahha. I agree and I'm unflappable in that agreement.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.