Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 01:59AM

This was too funny not to share.

I was deep in conversation with a man. While I stepped away to the ladies, a different man intersected me before I return to the conversation.

Something was really bugging me about this guy. He launches into how interesting he finds me, and he saw me with someone else, but he would like to get to know me better...

Then it hits me. I met this guy before and he was a HUGE jerk to me the first time I turned him down. Either he is majorly dumb, forgetful, or playing me for a fool...or hoping I had forgotten the experience? I play along for a few minutes of chit chat thinking how this guy was so nasty to me and I was plotting something nasty to say. Nah, my decency kicked in.

I said "Look, we met before. You said some very unkind things to me". His eyes open wide. His brain was obviously churning with thoughts. His mouth drops open trying to "Um" some sort of coherent thought.

"Ah, I take it was not a good experience then".

I shake my head no.

"Ok then well I guess its best I leave you alone then."

My impulse was to say something rude back...but something really cool has happened to me lately. I remembered I was a HAPPY person! I no longer have a need to whip out my verbal weapons when I was learning to defend myself in my newly former Mormon days.

I'm too happy with life to care about jerks or invest my time in the game. I snip ties and move on. I used to think it was mean. That is the ex Molly Mo in me.

I don't need to be passive aggressive, passive, fearful or lashing out at people who don't need be in my personal space.

I'm smiling with this good outcome. :)

RMM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:12AM

Well played, RMM. Congratulations on your development and confidence. Wishing more of the same to you.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:15AM

Win for RMM! :)

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 07:48AM

brb ~ downloading this to install in brain-drive

Posted by: icedtea ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 08:19AM

Good for you, RMM!

While I haven't had any cool experiences like that (yet), I do find that as an ex-Mo single, I no longer feel like I'm obligated to date anyone just because they're Mormon and interested in me. It's great to be in charge of my own life and free to choose what works best for me.

<I'm too happy with life to care about jerks or invest my time in the game. I snip ties and move on. I used to think it was mean.>

Yes, this. We can have boundaries now and not play those silly games. Ain't it great? :-D

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.