Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 01:06PM

With controlling the sexual activities of consenting adult members
It is none of their business If you and I are adults and we choose to engage in this recreational activity

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2021 01:10PM by thedesertrat1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 01:18PM

mormonism is obsessed with control...period! Sex is just one mechanism they use.

Posted by: ~ufotofu~ ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 04:36PM

Just 1 - that is hard for some to understand, until they realize it is this way TO CONTROL YOU, your MIND, your FEAR, your Worry about WORTHLESSNESS.

See, everything in mormonism is to make you feel LESS about yourself (it is trying TO CUT YOU DOWN to "build you back up" - which can't be done without you losing yourself [mormonism really likes losers, vs. people who know they are winners and would never fall for such treatment and practices] and with it, your FREE AGENCY, personality, self-awareness...). If TSCC can make you feel worthless, it can make you feel "WORTHY" again... see?... anyway, hope this helps the plain view.

If if can get IN YOUR BEDROOM, it has gotten [in your mind] into the last sacred vestige you had of privacy and can then manipulate you throughout your ['church'] life. It attempts to replace your sacred world with 'temples' and Mormonism's view of the sacred and mystical world you once knew as your own, and relied upon.

IOW, it is trying to tame you, watch you, prod you, manipulate you and worry you. Meanwhile, if it has gotten into your head, it has gotten into your bed.

GET OUT OF BED
And Shake Out Your Head

Sex is personal and mormonism doesn't like personalities, unless it has already screwed (with) them. They use sex to get to your personality. That's sacred. That's evil!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 01:09PM

Don't forget how they also profit by selling you your underwear, saying that God will have fits and conniptions if you do not wear them night and day. Ka-ching.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 04:49PM

Power.

If you 1) persuade people that they are innately evil, 2) require salvation, and 3) can only get that salvation from the church, you wield ultimate power over those people.

There is no surer basis for tyranny.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 05:18PM

The reason that Mormonism is interested in controlling sexual behavior is the same reason that dictatorships, both religious and political, are interested in controlling sexual behavior worldwide; namely, that if you can control the person's sexual behavior, you have a much better chance of gaining power over that person and forcing him/her to submit to your will.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 06, 2021 01:56AM

Tying shame to sexuality is disempowering. It makes members dependent on the cult because they don't trust themselves with moral autonomy.

Mormonism is a cult of codependency between you and the church. It's an abusive relationship.

Posted by: ~ufotofu~ ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 06:02PM

Joseph Smith, Jr., was in bed with many early church women...

Mormonism just wants to be in ALL members' beds.

That's the only difference.
TSCC takes everything too far!
Overblows and Undercuts everything-

Mormonism: who are you, what do you do, how about YOUR SEX LIFE?...

Investigator: WHAT! Funk you, man. You're crazy...

Member: Well, see, it goes like this...

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 07:43PM

before. I told him some things I never had before when I saw him last. I talked about how I had saved myself out of fear of having to talk to a leader about sex. I didn't even know what masturbation was until the bishop told me when I was 25 and he wanted me to keep track of my boyfriend's masturbation habits as if we could get him to quit masturbating, he would turn to straight. I learned A LOT about sex from that bishop.

I was this extremely naive young woman. The guys I worked with would tell you how strait-laced I was and same with my current boyfriend, who I dated back in my 20s--nonmormon. I wouldn't even French kiss out of fear of having to talk to a bishop. So what did they do? They told me to experiment with my future husband to see if we could get him turned on by a woman. Well, I just couldn't go along with that. I did French kiss him. I loved that he said it didn't knock his socks off like it did with a guy. Oh, okay. Thanks for that. But the bishop kept telling me this is how we have to do it.

I asked my therapist why they would do that and he said PURITY. They are looking for purity and you were pure so they could use you. Pure young women with JS. He'd already had the other women. He needed a new one. If my dad knew. OMH. I never told him that one.

From age 12 until 18 the bishop asked if I masturbated 6 times a year--4 times for dance cards every 3 months. He asked if I necked and petted.

They are a perverted bunch.

Posted by: Petting ( )
Date: November 05, 2021 11:19PM

cl2notloggedin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... I didn't even know what masturbation was until the bishop told me when I was 25... . I learned A LOT about sex from that bishop.
>
> From age 12 until 18 the bishop asked if I
> masturbated 6 times a year--4 times for dance
> cards every 3 months. He asked if I necked and
> petted.
>

Sorry, cl2, did you first hear of it through the bishop at age 25, or did he ask you 6 times a year between 12-18... and then again, for the 1st time, at 25?

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: November 06, 2021 11:06AM

about masturbation and necking and petting 6 times a year (he happened to be my good friend's father). I didn't really have a clue what they meant. I knew masturbation was something about touching yourself, but I thought it meant anywhere "private." Like even taking a shower. I was so afraid of doing something wrong.

I truly DID NOT KNOW what masturbation was until I was 25 and I didn't know so many other things. I wouldn't allow any guy I dated to do more than hug and kiss. I thought that was too much. I dated many nonmormons and they were very respectful. More so than the leaders of the LDS church. They used me. I'm 64 and I'm still in shock by what happened.

Someone asked on here years ago if there really was truly a mormon virgin and, yes, I was. It was more out of fear of going to hell or repenting to the bishop (which would be worse than hell). And here I'd been so careful and then I ended up talking to a few bishops, SP, LDS therapist, who else? About sex. I realized a few years ago that one of the reasons I married my husband was to survive as they were destroying me. I needed those leaders out of my life--those voyeurs. It was very damaging to me.

Posted by: Curelom Joe ( )
Date: November 06, 2021 12:46AM

The church has the obsession with sexual "sin" because a tiny Bronze Age tribal alliance in far western Asia--we call them the Hebrews or the Israelites--made almost everything aside from procreative sex into a sin, to set itself apart from surrounding people with no such ideas or inhibitions.

The priestly class of those Hebrews wrote in down in the scripture that they composed and edited later on, as if they had been dictated in audible speech by their very own god, who was Top God. We call it the Old Testament or the Hebrew Bible to be PC. A sexual sinner could be stoned or burned for a lot of things.

The "Pharisee of the Pharisees," the apostle Paul, imported the entire set of Hebrew or Jewish condemnations of sexual behaviors into nascent Christianity, and later Mohammed did the same when he hallucinated the Islamic faith into being. The three Abrahamic religions are more anti-sexual-freedom than all the other faiths put together, I think.

Despite being quite the player as a cult leader, J. Smith made no alteration in the anti-sex program except for trying to roll the calendar back all the way to Hebrew polygamy, so he could claim justification for having dozens of women to "lie with." And there's your answer.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 06, 2021 02:29AM

Admit a sexual 'sin' to a bishop & u run a good chance of endless interrogation about frequency, identity of your partners, and positions, etc.;
This might intensify if your bishop is a horny, sexually unsatisfied guy...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2021 02:30AM by GNPE.

Posted by: Josephs Myth ( )
Date: November 06, 2021 02:52AM

Maybe one obsession after another, after another, after another.

Your hot drinks, your cold drinks, how many relaxing "real" meals you can have (no time for yourself), your underwear choices (hint, none!), who to hang out with, how long you go to church, where you may attend (address) church, where you may not touch yourself, how often you pray, what you may wear, where ten percent of your gross income goes, and on and on and on.

..and now the embracing holdover or hang-on's can exist so so easily after discontinuing MormØŽ-ism as far as obsessing over something again.

Your pre-made club is gone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.