Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: November 25, 2021 06:35AM

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving from a chilly Eastern North Carolina. Man, I can't believe how long it has been since I have updated ya'll and there are so many names that I don't even recognize here.

Life has been good. I have finally found a job that I love. I work as a front desk agent and night auditor at a local hotel here in Eastern NC. Actually I am at work right now as I am typing this. I work with some really awesome people who see my potential and are willing to do what they can to help me grow professionally.

I have my own car now as well. I think the last update I did, I had just gotten my driver's license here in NC. I am the proud owner of a 2003 GMC Envoy. I did start out with an 2004 Buick Century but I had got in a wreck with it a few months after I brought it and ended up with my Envoy. I was able to pay out right for my Buick but I had to borrow some money from the couple that I was living with at the time to get the Envoy but it didn't take me very long to pay them back though.

Lastly, I have finally moved into my own little apartment. Its a two bedroom and I am warming up to it. It is not something that I am in love with but it is a step in the right direction for me.

Again, I wish ya'll a happy Thanksgiving. I hope you are all well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Joseph's Myth ( )
Date: November 25, 2021 08:24AM

Hi kativiky,
Man it has been a while. Sorry to learn you have had maybe a small car accident, boy they don't build em to take a hit.

Thank's for the nice update, Happy Thanksgiving right back at cha!

That durn Envoy mainly likes lots of oil changes. (big secret apparently)
Watch it run even smoother after the next one. Before having it drained, add some of this for only 20 minutes.
Thank You, thankyouverymuch..
https://www.amazon.com/Bg109-Engine-Performance-Restoration-Makers/dp/B00IAPLIDK

easy peasy

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 26, 2021 03:38AM

Nice to see a name from the past. Sounds like you are chugging along through life. It’s pretty much what I do most of the time. Feel free to chime in here any time, but I think this is the second or third Thanksgiving update. Which is enough to qualify as a tradition! We’ll look forward to next year’s update. ;)

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 26, 2021 01:11PM

Glad to hear that you're doing well, kativicky. Sounds like you came thru the wreck without injury (?)

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, and congrats on your new job.

Nice to hear from you.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 26, 2021 03:15PM

Hi, kativicky! Nice to hear from you. I'm glad that things are going well. It often takes a series of small steps to get to where you want to go, doesn't it?

Posted by: Maca not logged in ( )
Date: November 27, 2021 01:47PM

Hi kativicky, I'm glad your doing well,
N carolina sure brings back memories, what a beautiful state, especially ashville and the blue ridge parkway, and it's close to Washington,

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.