Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: December 05, 2021 06:00PM

It seems like a reasonable thing to do until we learn more about it how it is trAnsmitted. Protecting the Saints should be the number one priority and Dusty Rusty should know that. I know that. The fact they wear masks take your temperature and ask questions before you can enter temple should give members a clue this is a place that should be considered unsafe. Most temples are now cleaned by members. That should tell you something too about the cleanliness of the place. Do the temples have up to date Covid air filtration systems probably not
So members are going to temple. I hear that from church members.they are doing work for the dead but until we know about the variations in Covid they might be joining the dead.
I do not think Rusty cares about the Saints or he would put on the breaks instead of creating sessions that could be possible super spreaders. I think it is better to err on side of caution.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 05, 2021 08:57PM

Deep cleaning was always a waste of time and money. The virus is not transmitted by touching surfaces, though we didn't know that at the outset. Normal public hygiene procedures are adequate (i.e. wash hands). Masks, vaccines and social distancing are all far more effective than deep cleaning is.

We don't know enough about omicron to start locking anything down, other than national borders, and I think that is a day late and a dollar short, and may also be an overreaction, but we won't know for a while.

It was only discovered the middle of last week, ten days ago. We don't know how sick people will get from it. hardly anyone has had it long enough yet.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: December 05, 2021 09:02PM

The RCC is full on with church service attendance in the Seattle Diocese starting this week on Dec 8th, feast of the Immaculate Conception.

No word today about any changes due to the latest variant.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.