Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 11:37AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 11:52AM

Going to the pool! Beach is just a short walk away. Palm trees everywhere, sunshine, blue skies...

Paradise.

;o)

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 11:54AM

I'm just starting to prepare (right after this post) a lovely Sunday roast dinner. I'm going to wheel my mother out of the nursing home to my apartment and watch a movie with her. Then we will finish reading the Sunday newspaper and chat.

I sure love my Mom! I'm so lucky she is living so long and giving me the chance to pick her lovely, high functioning brain for all her learned wisdom and experience. I love her even more now that she's out of TSCC and we don't waste so much time having our brains numbed at church.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 02:45PM

She is lucky to have a wonderful daughter like you.

It touches my heart .

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 05:24PM

I agree. It is very touching.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 12:34PM

Getting served breakfast in bed.

Posted by: goodeye ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 12:37PM

Unfortunately going to TSCC as I'm still needing to keep up appearances.

However wife and I are takin the kids swimming at the neighborhood pool after church though. (Oh no I'm going near the water on a Sunday!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 12:42PM by goodeye.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 12:40PM

Brining a pork loin to go on the spit later and getting my house ready for two naughty chiweenies and a Bull Mastiff puppy for the week. It's possible my urge to adopt a dog will be quelled after this week.

Posted by: geezerdogmom ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 01:19PM

OMGoodness! Masochism Alert! Two Chiweenies are enough but to add a mastiff pup - oh my! Masochism Alert!

I will be thinking of you! I think you are absolutely prophetic -- yes, you will most likely not want to adopt a dog ever!

Oh my, a bull mastiff puppy? Oh my!

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 02:08PM

LMAO...I know! She actually started her training a few days ago, so I'll have my hands full. The trainers were awesome though. Who knew dog psychology is so similar to human psychology?!? Maybe I can train the chiweenies to behave better. I also have kennels for them and a very large backyard, so it will be ok. Her owner bought some of those Kong treat dispensers, so that will help with the chewing.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 12:44PM

I am enjoying the day by drinking iced coffee and crocheting. Later I am going to work on taking some pictures of some of the things that I have made and getting them organized so I can put them up on Etsy and make some money. I might even do some family history research or play one of my computer games at some point as well.

Posted by: androidandy ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 01:20PM

DW and I are replacing face board on flooring and it's fun figuring out the lengths and correct angle saw cuts. Supposed to be 94f today so we're getting it done early.

Visiting a friend at a rest home this afternoon and then coming home for backyard patio time.

Posted by: sonofabish ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 02:29PM

When I came out to my TBM wife, one of the things I told her regarding the kids was that I was fine with her and the kids going to church if they wanted, I would support their decisions. However, I didnt want our kids to do things they felt like they had to within the church. Well, today when my wife was getting the kids ready, my 3 year old son wasn't cooperating and ran downstairs. My wife was frustrated, so I went downstairs and talked to him. I asked if he wanted to stay home with me or if he wanted to go to church. He said he wanted to stay home so we went and told mom what his choice was. I think she wanted to say something, but she respected our agreement and didnt press the issue.

So this afternoon, I decided to make it "fun time with dad" We ate cookies and watched cartoons. I eventually fell asleep though and he wandered off and played with his toys. Its been a nice Sunday afternoon thus far. Normally, Im home all alone and its my alone time for the week, but I have to admit that having my son here and knowing that he made his own choice to stay home is quite satisfying as well.

Date: August 02, 2015 05:58PM

It's great that your kids have a choice!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 02:38PM

Trying to find anything that doesn't involve spending money.

Guess how hard that is to do?

So far I haven't left the house or ordered anything on Amazon. Or paid any bills yet today.

I'll deal with that tomorrow. A beautiful day outside. I have had little to no energy to do very much. It may be the diet I'm on, or the heat wave we've had.

So I may still get outdoors to walk the mall while it's still open for its air conditioning. Or go watch a movie. I'm kind of movied out. For me, movies have become a past time of late. I even watched Grease last weekend on the big screen, because I missed it as a teenager.

When it came out in late 70's I felt it was too immodest and immoral and went against my HIGH LDS standards so would violate my morals to go see it. How wrong was I?! I LOVED IT.

Plus, learning Olivia is my fifth cousin, twice removed, nudged me over the edge. Now I had to go watch it. I'm glad I did.

We all got older in the interim. :)

I loved another movie that came out this year, you may have seen it, called "I'll See You In My Dreams." About a retiree and finding romance late in the game (sort of.) It's a story about life, and love, and friendship (interwoven.) With Rhea Perlman, Blythe Danner, Sam Elliott, and other really great cast.

https://youtu.be/F1VbBOTXzfI

Date: August 02, 2015 06:03PM

I'm totally going to watch that movie! Thanks amyjo!

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 02:53PM

Good afternoon, my fellow exmos or those on the way out. It is a beautiful day here in North Texas and church was great. I attended my local Anglican parish and today the choir met after a month off. It was a good time for this hymn singer. When I got home my wife had baked a cherry pie and it is delicious. I hope you all have as good a time as I have so far had this fine day. For those of you not having a good day, I am truly sorry. Hopefully your day will improve.

Date: August 02, 2015 06:04PM

It's been great here. I'm glad yours was too!

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 03:24PM

I'm east coast lag time (eastbound is effortless, but westbound to home, it kicks my head for a whole week) so woke up bright and early at 4 a.m. for the 3rd day in a row. It's fun because i'll actually get a lot of stuff done, but then noon rolls around and I'm thinking about a nap which is just sleep suicide come bedtime.

Going to start prepping dinner in a bit. BBQ ribs, potato salad, baked beans maybe a fresh veg for good measure. I'm feeling "Merican" today.

really looking forward to the potato salad. Ever since I figured out what my mom's secret ingredient was, I make a fixed version of hers. Ain't nothing but Southern Idaho style, but it's the only form of time travel I have right now.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 03:42PM

I made my homemade pizza dough topped it with my special BBQ sauce,homemade sausage,and cheddar cheese.

Tasted much better than dry bits of bread and warm water at church

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 03:50PM

The nice thing about being free is having the chance to do whatever I feel like on Sundays, plus coffee made in a french press. While Mormons starved themselves, I had some blueberry pancakes.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 04:33PM

And isn't Sunday about your favorite day of the week? It is for me anyway. When I was a kid, it literally was the very worst day of the week. Sunday was "sleep in" unless church started at 9, then my mom being the librarian's assistant had to have it operating by 8, so she had to leave the house at 7:30, so we had to get up on Sundays around 7 and it was a screaming mimi fight each and every week.

Then after you'd come home from church, I had to sit queietly while my brain-washed mother would read me church stories. It wasn't scripture that I remember, but it was stories about shit like the busted china in the plaster of the Kirtland temple. In later childhood years, it was listening to tapes of Living Scriptures.

In the early years (75-80) TV just was NOT turned on on Sundays. In the very late 78 or 79, I was allowed to watch "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom followed by Diznee. But that was it.

As she got older, she discovered that she liked the oldster's shows. Matlock, Murder She Wrote and so forth. we started watching those too.

Yeah, Sundays sucked.

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 04:04PM

We are on our way to go trap and skeet shooting. And this afternoon, we will meet up with friends to go sailing around Diamond Head.

I just hate my life...

;)

Posted by: contrarymary ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 04:24PM

Went to Costco, West Bountiful, in the heart of Mordor, and to our surprise, it was not busy at all. Unlike all the previous Sunday's we've gone, when it was as busy as a weekday in the past. I think that all the doubling down on keeping the Sabbath day holy is working on the morgbots for now. I love it!

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 04:28PM

A very productive day for me, clearing out clutter and making room for a new treadmill that's coming this Thursday.

I could do this for a month and probably still not be done, so it's tiring. But I'd rather be tired from being productive ANY DAY that just fatigued from sitting all day trying to "feel the spirit".

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 04:40PM

Got up early and picked some wild blackberries. Made blackberry cobbler.

Going to the beach in awhile and will be spending the rest of the afternoon there. Meeting up with some neighbors to have munchies and margaritas on the beach. Life is good.

Posted by: contrarymary ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 05:44PM

Argh, Madalice, can I have your life please? I'm green with envy.

Date: August 02, 2015 06:08PM

I'm with you! I'd love to hang with madalice and sip margaritas.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 06:30PM

Blackberry cobbler, margaritas and the beach, it is a good nonMormon Sunday!

Posted by: En Sabah Nur (nli) Ch ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 06:48PM

I,like any good atheist, have been spending the day reading the Bible and noncanonical scripture.

I would have gone to church today for many shits and giggles, but instead I sent my wife to Santa Barbara to spend a few days with her girlfriend while I watch my kids for a few days.

Now I must build a dinosaur and a secret mountain lair out of Lego for my son.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 06:54PM

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 08:22PM

What if I sacrificed aesthetics for more articulated joints?

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 06:54PM

We have been boating and now we are going to set up the tent and chairs in the water and enjoy the sun going down. God I am glad I did not waste today being bored at a Mormon building.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 06:59PM

EASY! I'm at Tiger Mtn. F.N.Park, Issaquah, WA!

jealous? I Know U R!

Date: August 02, 2015 07:08PM

I know you are but what am I! Sorry, I couldn't help myself;)

Posted by: iknowthischurchisfalse ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 08:18PM

Venting my frustration out in sarcastic humor about how much my Angels baseball team sucks now.

Posted by: Darkfem ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 09:39PM

Visited Yellowstone with my sweetie.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 09:54PM

Reliving August 1967, the "Summer of Love."

Lots of good music playing in my home.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 10:00PM

Hey, it's finally time for Hot August Night!!!

I don't know why, but I loved that album.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.