Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 12:03AM

According to this article the I-stone will be put on display at the visitors center in Harmony Penn. Interesting. Why not display it at the JS building in Salt Lake? You know, where the mormons live.

Another thing that made me laugh was the comment about the church wanting to remove some of the mystery of the translation process. LOL! Who are they trying to bullshit? The last thing they wanted to do was remove any mystery. Or in other words.....come clean about all the lying since the so called 1 through 7 vision.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: alyssum ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 12:08AM

How does admitting that he received it through a seer stone remove any mystery? Most mormons grow up believing that he actually translated it by inspiration. I knew something about the urim and thummim, but I thought it worked something like Google Translate--but God-perfect. But a stone in a hat? No need for plates? Verrrrrry mysterious....

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: August 06, 2015 12:48AM

The real problem for the Mormons is the link between Joseph Smith using his seer stone for treasure hunting / divination and Joseph Smith using his seer stone for translating the Gold Plates. It was just an extension of his already running scams.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.