Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 03:16PM

It may never be possible to prosecute The Churchâ„¢ for fraud but it is possible to bring down LD$, Inc. in the media and in the court of public opinion -- hence all the superficial effort at "mainstreaming" and external disavowal (but not internal) of past doctrine like becoming a god and getting your own planet. Mormonism thrives on the wider society being uninterested in or ignorant of the "weird stuff."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ElderCarrion ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 03:31PM

Each Sunday the world over, Mormon families are herded into looking normal, decent and successful for three hours. They pile into cars and hurry off to meetings that will not surprise them. They will be quiet as they listen to lessons and talks that have been given by others countless times before. They will surely be reminded of the importance of obedience, prayer, tithing, attendance and any other statistic-building dribble.

They will suffer immoral thoughts, just like me and you, and will quarrel and despise the members of their eternal families.

They will doubt and then repeat the weekly Sabbath Lemming Parade. The relatively few who read, think and act upon the call of freedom will join our ranks and then share the real stuff that is inside the minds of former Mormons here.

I have been benefitted by such candor and generosity. What upsets the Brethren most is what gives me delight.

They want comatose contributors. I want honest seekers.

Thank you all for your links, posts and personal stories. The straightjacket of Mormonism as cult cannot be fully and forever shed without them.

What you write here matters much more than any of us can imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXWrdBYtHRI

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 03:37PM

That there are three "Nephites," who are essentially immortal, wandering around the Americas, occasionally doing good deeds for people. Anytime something happens you can't explain, "It was one of the three Nephites!"

Posted by: Oz ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:32PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That there are three "Nephites," who are
> essentially immortal, wandering around the
> Americas, occasionally doing good deeds for
> people. Anytime something happens you can't
> explain, "It was one of the three Nephites!"

LOL! I remember that one.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 02:46AM

My MIL recently told me a story where a hobo or wanderer showed up and helped out and then disappeared, and they thought he was a Nephite, it's sad really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2015 03:00AM by brandywine.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 03:07AM

In the Cleansing of America Cleon Skousen said something about how the lost tribes came were in an alternate dimension and would return to the Earth from it in the last days. I was TBM when I read that far and had to put the book down. I eventually sent the book to D.I.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 03:48PM

"On a spring morning in 1820, Joseph Smith went to a grove of trees near his home and prayed to learn which church he should join."

Bazinga!

Posted by: Sister Hie ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 04:06PM

I have since learned that event (IF it even happened) most likely didn't occur in in 1820. I've also learned that the "grove" the mormons claim this event happened in wasn't a grove in 1820,it was cleared piece of land.

So far, not a word of the above statement is true except there was some guy named Joseph Smith that existed in the spring of 1820. After that, the story is filled with lies, deception, and a lot of scams.

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 06:42PM

Can you cite the grove-less-ness part? That'd be a delight to point out to some of my relatives.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 04:19PM

Wouldn't that be great if it can be shown 100% fact, that the grove (and anywhere near the grove that JS claimed for the FV) was indeed just a bunch of stumps in 1820?

Please, please, please be true.

And I mean true, as in true true, not LDS church true...

Posted by: wannabfree ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 06:39PM

It doesn't matter if there was a grove, or merely stumps. What matters if deep in your heart you believe and feel that there was a grove...

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 04:26PM

My goal in life is to be good enough to live with my parents and their parents and their parents and my kids and their kids... FOREVER!

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 05:17PM

I think I'll rename you eldersnarkpacker. You packed an incredible amount of snark into that last post!

;^)

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 05:23PM

Satan.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 06:29PM

Oh the woes of breaking the Sabbath!

Never mind that the rest of the world uses their cars to drive anywhere but to mormon church without incident. Woe unto the TBMs and their cars for going to the mountains for a family hike or to the river for a picnic.

Posted by: oneinbillions ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:48PM

Yeah seriously. My parents are "sinning" by staying home and spending the day with family instead of being lectured on obedience for 3 hours every Sunday.

It's funny how they say the church is all about the family. And then proceed to rip families apart.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:01PM

It wasn't just coincidence that gold plates floated to the top of the earth/were buried next to Joseph Smith's house, and a mummy salesman happened by with the "book of Abraham" and he nearly tripped over Zelph's bones, and the garden of Eden was in Missouri... Everywhere he turned, there were BoM remnants, souvenirs, Jewish scrolls... What are the odds?!

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:21PM

I sometimes wonder what else JS would have "discovered" had he lived longer. Noah's Ark actually at the bottom of Lake Erie? Tower of Babel site in modern-day Texas? Ruins of Sodom and Gomorrah under Chicago?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:08PM

That one of the three Nephites (alt: a Danite) killed President Harold B. Lee by dressing like a nurse and injecting poison into his IV, giving him a heart attack while he was in the hospital.

He was executed because the Lord promised he would never let a prophet lead the people astray. HBL had asked his fellow apostles what they thought about giving the blacks the priesthood, you know, like you do when you chat around the breakfast table at the mahogany country club.

Kathleen

Posted by: Black Grape ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 09:51PM

Is there a link to this somewhere. I want to read more about.

Posted by: oneinbillions ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:42PM

I like the crazy one that came up when Mitt Romney was running for president, about how they have an exact replica of the Oval Office in some secret room in one of their temples. So when the U.S. government falls they'll be ready to step right in and "save" us all.

If it ever happens I swear to god I'm killing myself. I'd rather be dead and face oblivion than live under what I'm certain will be the oppressive rule of Mormons.

Posted by: cpete ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:50PM

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:05AM

An angle with a flaming sword!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:43AM

Joe Smith was ultimately responsible for America landing on the moon in 1969.

Yah! REALLY!!

This was a calculated insider FAITH PROMOTING PR move floated among the MORmON membership in an attempt to counter for Joseph Fielding Smith's EXTREMELY EMBARRASSING and ultimately utterly FALSE and FAILED prophetic assertion in a stake conference in Hawaii May 14 1961 that man would never land on the moon.

The MORmON reasoning said that Joe Smith was responsible for opening the heavens with his first vision inquiry to god about which church was true. After the heavens had been opened due to Joe Smith's epic earnestness and endeavor, divine inspiration wholesale poured out on all mankind resulting in the industrial revolution. The crowning achievement of the industrial revolution was the Apollo Space mission which took a man to the moon and brought him back, Joe Smith was ultimately responsible for ALL OF THAT !!!!!!

I will never forget my MORmON convert male parent and his MORmON Spirit eating grin as he gleefully explained this (IDIOCY) to us after it was explained to him in his MORmON priestDUD meeting earlier in the day. He felt so damn clever and so special for being smart enough to be part of the only true church on earth that was created by the MORmON god Joseph Smith who was also responsible for a man going to the moon and back.

WHAT A MORmON !!!!

Some how very little was said at our house about how the Apollo 15 astronauts had presented MORmON president J.F. SMith a Utah state flag that they had taken to the lunar surface and then brought back.

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_science/Joseph_Fielding_Smith_claimed_that_man_would_never_walk_on_the_Moon

STUPID ASS MORmONS !!!!!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 02:41AM

Were any of them Mormons?

I have a special place in my heart for that mission, because my now-ex was in charge of ship-handling of the pickup ship, the USS Okinawa. (Which, sadly, has since been scuttled after being used as a target. I was very sorry to hear that. I have been aboard that old ship many, many times.)

We had lots of ship-to-shore communication because the news media had rigs on the flight deck, so I got to talk to now-ex several times. He said that no news people or cameras would be permitted up in the control center (conning tower?? I forget.) during the actual splashdown. They had to film a made-up sequence the day before, and the ex told me exactly who would say what.

I still recall a bit of dialog in which the Captain said, pointing, "Looks like a storm comin' in." To which ex replied, "Yessir, looks like about three miles downrange." This was complete BS, made up on the spot, but the news media played it the next day during the recovery, just as if it were really happening.

I imagine that baloney still exists somewhere, on film.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 02:52AM

That THREE Nephites is another contradiction among about 2 million contradictions in the CULT.

If the APOSTASY was total after Christ's apostles died, then the Three Nephites are not Nephites because all Nephites were killed except Moron-I. John the Baptist was still around during the great Apostasy too to baptize JS and some other mormon moron.

So much for the destruction of all Nephites. So that means that the THREE Nephites are really demons?

Why don't people in the cult make connections that a 5 year old child can make?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.