Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 06:49PM

This is the second time in a week that someone from LDS has violated my "NO Contact" request in my resignation letter.
Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 06:51PM

Answer the door wearing a skimpy thong. Even better if you are a guy!

hose-pipe?

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 06:55PM

Are there no proselytizing signs?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:04PM

Posted by: Nolongerquestioning81 ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 08:59PM

I hear hoses work good...haha

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 09:24PM

serslyqustning1981 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hear hoses work good...haha

Either that or buckets full of water.

Posted by: wannabfree ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 06:56PM

Every time they show up, invite them in, start unbuttoning your shirt/taking off your belt and say "I always knew you guys were into 3somes!".

*Warning, this could backfire catastrophically...unless you're into that sort of thing, then, bonus?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 06:58PM

You've legally informed them not to trespass. They're breaking the law by continuing to harass you.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 06:58PM

Because, "It's time for you to leave," is too hard to say?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:34PM

+1

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 09:23PM

Stray Mutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because, "It's time for you to leave," is too hard
> to say?

Yeah, that. ^^

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:05PM

Ignore their knocks. Go about your business. If they haven't left after an hour, call the police.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:11PM

Give them a CES Letter. Talk about the new peepstone. Hand them a copy of your no contact letter. Call or pretend to call the police about intruders...

You don't have to answer the door simply because they knock. You don't need to pretend to not be home either.

If they blabber on about testimonies, share some facts, your own testimony... If the bishop is stupid enough to send teens over, they should hear the truth.

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:17PM

Answer the door and ask why they are there.

It could be that they are minions of the bishop, sent by some well-meaning TBM friend of yours, or it could be that they are simply canvasing the neighborhood and are unware that you have requested no contact.

Either way, after you get your answer politely tell them that you are not interested and that you would like them never to come back... ever.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:44PM

I'm beginning to realize that the push is on all TBMs, and especially missionaries, to increase revenue at LDS, Inc. Numbers are down, down, down. They cannot oust the CEO like most major corporations and they cannot tinker too much with the product. So what is left? Change the advertising and marketing and then push the sales force mercilessly. It's the fallback manuever at most desperate companies.

Just tell the missionaries the above, shake your head, and tell them how sorry you feel for them because they are the lowest on the totem pole. Maybe offer them a cookie, sandwich and Coke if they promise not to come back. Poor duped kids.

Posted by: whywait ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:46PM

Have you told them, these specific people, to leave?

If you are counting on a "Do Not Contact" request, it is just that, a request.

If you are hoping these people will get tired and leave on their own, you are being a pushover. Tell, don't ask, them to depart. If they refuse, call 911 and report intruders.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:46PM

Tell them you'll call the police on them for stalking/harrassing

you.

If they come one more time after that go make a police report.

Posted by: exmoron ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 07:56PM

Have some fun with it. Here are some things you can try:

1) Shake hands with them (since momo's love shakin' the hands), with the sure sign of the nail or 2nd token of the AP, etc.

2) Wear a green apron, and a bakers hat during their meeting. Mutter things under your breath like, "bow your head" or "pay lay ale."

3) Go into your back yard. Get a rock. Take the rock and place it in a ball cap. Play your head in the rock. Start acting like you are getting scriptures that pertain to them.

Date: August 10, 2015 09:22PM

^^^All of the above!!! I laughed until I cried reading this. I may still have the green apron and now I have a good idea of what to do.

Posted by: Unbelievable ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 08:56PM

Brothernotofjared, you are too funny. Twice in one week, huh. I'm impressed. LOL from all the comments are funny, too, but very accurate. Just be yourself and tell them the truth. You don't want any more visitors.

If they disrespect your requests and keep coming, you will share with them your pure testimony which will leave them with an indelible mark on their memory, they will never forget you.

Posted by: geezerdogmom ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 08:57PM

I love an excuse to push pet adoption:

Get a dog.

Get a large dog.

Invite the Missionaries in!

Hand the missionaries a couple of hot dogs!

Tell the dog "sic 'em"

Watch them run like he--!

Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 09:48PM

Got a large dog.

She loves hot dogs.

Problem is she's a love sponge.

She'd probably lick them to death.

Great idea, but no help there.

I'm just going to answer the door naked with a beer in my hand and scream, "Let's Party!"

Posted by: geezerdogmom ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 10:54PM

"She'd probably lick them to death!"

I don't think they could hold their "licker" given the Word of Wisdom, could they?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 11:16PM by geezerdogmom.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:06PM

If it was the bishop, tell them you resigned and why. Tell them politely to tell the bishop that you requested no contact and he is interfering with your "agency".

If it's nosy neighbors and friends, tell them you resigned and why. Tell them that you'd like to share something with them - the CES letter. Tell them if the want to discuss it, come back and you'll share a lot more troubling stuff with them.

If they are tracting, tell them you resigned and why. Tell them you have something for them to share with the other mishies in their group. Tell them they need to study it out because as they continue to try to "spread the gospel", they will be confronted with it by other investigators.

The more seeds you plant the better. You'll be doing a little missionary work of your own.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:13PM

GET THE FUCK OFF MY PROPERTY AND NEVER COME BACK OR THE POLICE WILL BE CALLED AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED WITH TRESPASSING! Try that out on them. I would.

RB

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:30PM

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: August 10, 2015 11:29PM

If you are serious about the Do Not Contact order then you need to document each visit with a picture with a time stamp or record your conversation with them on your cell phone. After awhile you will have enough evidence to show that you are being harassed. With a large amount of evidence you could easily say don't come back or I will sue. With that evidence you could win the lawsuit.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:37AM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 11, 2015 12:41AM

My Door Sign to keep the Mormons away. This was my last ditch effort to stop a particular intrusive, pesky, snotty, missionary that would not stop calling and coming by. (The rest were pleasant and decent.)

Once they read it, it spreads through the Mormon Grape Vine like wild fire, which is what I counted on. :-) This will stop the request for "No Contact" which does not work well with the Mormons, or even Resignation that is not respected and contact is made.

NOTICE:

I am under no obligation to:
avoid all loud laughter,
lightmindedness,
evil speaking of the lords anointed
or any other impure or unholy practice

Enter at you own risk
Rachel, My New Name

(Big Smiley Face here!)

I put it on the inside of the window in my door then I watched the Mormons that came to my door read it! It was priceless. Only needed to use it once.

For those that have been to the temple, this statement is from The Law of the Gospel, one of the temple covenants. As the temple is so sacred it is not to be discussed, seeing this statement on a door can be quite a shock! And humorous to observe the reader.

Law of the Gospel: We are required to give unto you the Law of the Gospel as contained in the Holy Scriptures; to give unto you also a charge to avoid all lightmindedness, loud laughter, evil speaking of the Lord's anointed, the taking of the name of God in vain, and every other unholy and impure practice, and to cause you to receive these by covenant.

REST HERE:
http://www.lds4u.com/lesson5/templecovenants.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2015 12:42AM by SusieQ#1.

Date: August 11, 2015 12:43AM

This is awesome!^^^

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.