Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 09:27PM

some department in Utah, so local leaders won't see the reasons the departing list.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 09:44PM

The personal contact thing was to try to use existing relationships to pressure people into not resigning. Now, many who resign don't have that issue to be used against them. I think them taking email resignations is the first step in this. What I am not sure of is how they are going to do verifications. I know I sure would not send them a copy of my license or SS card!

Posted by: Skeptical ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 09:52PM

Most people believe that a notarization makes something legal - it doesn't. A notarized signature authenticates that the signor is who she or he claims to be identity wise.

A bishop can't authenticate the identify of a member better than a notary public

Posted by: excultmember ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 11:51PM

I always thought the same thing. My resignation letter was several pages long outlining many of the historical and doctrinal problems that I discovered from studying the real history of the church. My intention was to hopefully wake up a few of the individuals who had to read my letter.

It seems that allowing membership records employees and the local priesthood leaders (bishops and stake presidents) to constantly read these letters, might eventually start to crack their testimonies and encourage them to investigate some of the issues being raised.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2010 11:52PM by excultmember.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.