Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 02:29PM

I tried Googling it and got nothing.

I found this from mollymom6 in 2011...

"You aren't excommunicated for getting a divorce, and the church does NOT excommunicate children."
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a27624549/help_with_lds_questions

I assume she knows what she is talking about because she deleted her account there being unable to take the heat of LDS debate.

"Account Deleted, Goodbye Friends! So sad it's come to this. Hopefully someday again there'll be all LDS GO's that are supportive of the LDS religion!"

I did find this funny. Babycenter is like one of the most mellow places to debate Mormonism!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kairos ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 02:56PM

check the CHI

Posted by: jojo ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 05:12PM

They only excommunicate adults, unless there is an extreme circumstance with a particular teen (murder, incest).
Parents who resign can ask to have their children removed as well.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 05:31PM

Usually excommunication is reserved for those who've made "temple convenants" and broken them. Others get disfellowshiped. So that would exclude children.

However, if a non-endowed 17 year old committed murder, he'd probably be ex'd.

Date: August 17, 2015 05:34PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Usually excommunication is reserved for those
> who've made "temple covenants" and broken them.

So these children are accountable and able to make a membership decision for life yet they are are ineligible for excommunication unless it is murder? What about the sin next to it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 05:35PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 05:38PM

You are trying to answer the un-answerable. The only answer we can give you is "maybe".

Keep in mind that Bishops are given little to no direction, same with Stake Presidents. If they want to submit a child to a "court of love", I'm sure that they would. If they really wanted to excommunicate a child, I'm sure they could. You could probably ask 20 Bishops and get 20 different variations on "Yes" or "No" each with different reasons, explanations, and disclaimers. They don't know unless they are forced to know.

So, is there precedence for it? It doesn't sound like we have enough information to know one way or the other.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 05:42PM

I didn't say it was logical or "right," I just repeated their silly rules. :)

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 05:48PM

I know a 16 year old that was exe'd in the 1980's for violent conduct (got into a couple of fights but nothing too serious...no one was hospitalised and no criminal charges). He never came back to church even when an Apostle wrote to him a few years ago, apologising for the Bishop's ridiculous actions and inviting him back.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 05:54PM

They hauled her into a court with a dozen priesthood guys who yelled at her and proclaimed her guilty, then exed her.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 06:07PM

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 06:06PM

That was excommunicated by her bishop father at the age of 16, so yes, absolutely children can be excommunicated.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 06:38PM

I personally know 2 brothers ages 17 & 15 who were excommunicated. The older brother was President of the Priest Quorum and the younger brother was President of the Teachers Quorum. Inspired Bishop FBI Agent Pistol whose real last name is simar to a pistol felt inspired after a teenage girl confessed to trying some drugs (weed). Inspired Bishop FBI Agent Pistol physically assaulted 2 teenage boys he was inspired that they were drug dealers and physically threw them out of the church building. He really did throw them out.

Inspired Bishop FBI Agent Pistol later learned the boys he had been inspired to call as Presidents in the Aaronic Priesthood were the actual drug dealers. Inspired Bishop FBI Agent Pistol excommunicated the two boys in my opinion to cover up his inspired mistakes since he had held them up as examples to the other youth in the ward.

So we see from this story which is true, Mormon Inspired Bishop FBI Agent Pistol should have been arrested for battery on children (CPS should have been notified). He should also have been released as a Mormon Bishop since he proved he received no revelations from Mormom God.

Most likely some of you may know Bishop Pistol the uninspired Mormon Bishop FBI Agent. Now you know what he really was.

Date: August 18, 2015 12:19PM

So they do excommunicate children but they just don't talk about it. So as a CHILD you could be interrogated about your sexuality, you will be manipulated by your elders regarding the founder until you actually look up the information on your own, and you can be excommunicated.

Not a very child-friendly place.

Posted by: Transitioningout ( )
Date: August 18, 2015 01:05PM

Sister exed at 14.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: August 18, 2015 01:35PM

daughter of friends excommunicated at 16 or 17. Girl with severe mental disabilities made pregnant by boyfriend who took her into get an abortion. they excommunicated her mostly on the abortion as I understand it and then said she probably should not have been baptized in the first place due to her disability. it is really a very, very weird church that has no rhyme or reason to it.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: August 18, 2015 04:40PM

""You aren't excommunicated for getting a divorce, and the church does NOT excommunicate children."

Well they disfellowshipped me when I was barely 15. Of course in the CULT, that is not a child. Since I am female, they probably thought I should have been knocked up by some old fart at 15 (and I mean barely 15 - 2 weeks after my 15th birthday!)

So I think it depends on what the definition of a child is. I personally think I was still a child at 15, but I'm sure the CULT didn't see it that way since JS had brides that age.

It was all about questioning the authority of the CULT.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.