Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deb ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 03:28PM

Not knowing much and especially nearly as much as you do, I have gathered that the leaders of the lds. faith do like to be involved, run, the show, as well as lovely people's lives(members, ex-members, etc.)In the 7 weeks, I've absorbed so much info. Some, or lots is "way out there" to put it mildly.Last week it was the tribe and blessing in which I'd learned on this board. Never was aware of it until then,

Anyways, another thing I am seeing is these leaders of the wards, stakes, districts, etc. even though they are dressed in suits that appear s they're as nice or almost as nice as a custom suit, they are basically nosy men who actually prey on people in their homes, etc. I know one poster has been much worse than mistreated(she and her family)stalked, harassed, her children stalked and it's despicable. All or @ least a huge part of what i've gathered from former members ,almost members, etc. is not the people themselves(they're victims also) but the leaders. The people (members) who are coming by unannounced, i'm convinced they are told to do this by their leaders. So you can dress in $1000 suits but be nosing around in other's lives and you actually get away w/it. The few times i saw the sp, bishop, as well as whoever it is the other 2 who sit up front w/bishop all dress in very nice suits. you can tell a nice suit from a JCP suit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 03:51PM

There can't be leaders without rank and file members backing them up. There can't be regular members without leaders claiming to speak for god. The system requires both and I think the leaders are more responsible, but the members have to be dupes and willing workers or the whole mess would collapse.

There is no logical place to draw a line between leadership and membership since every male member over 12 has priesthood and every female is required to uphold that priesthood.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 05:58PM

It just seems ironic that these "well dressed" men who belong to this "well oiled" machine," along w/members, missionaries, etc. do tend to, in some sense can't leave people alone in their home(s). From being inactive to being ex mormons, it seems as if they've had to go through what i'd call "pestering" which I know I couldn't do. If i would have joined, I don't know if I could be in someone's presence who did not wish for me to be around. I'd feel so badly. I'm certain these RS members, etc. don't feel good about it, just probably feel as if they are upholding their duties and/or commands. SAD.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.