Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: June 27, 2022 05:47PM

Leviticus 20:9 “For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him.”

Matthew 15:4 ‘For God commanded, ‘Honor your father and your mother’, and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’

And suddenly the ‘Pro-Life Christian’ crowd’s opposition to regulating weapons of war to prevent school shootings makes perfect sense, in light of what God/Jesus commanded them to do in the Bible.

God clearly and unequivocally commands is followers to kill disrespectful children. I don’t know how anybody would interpret those commandments differently.

So not a great moral guide for the modern world then, huh, seeing as that would land your psycho ass in prison for the rest of your life if you actually did what Jesus commanded you to do?

So what are the faithful supposed to do? They can’t actually fulfill God’s commandment, or they’d go to jail, so they just block any kind of regulation of weapons of war, knowing that some Incel will surely follow Gods commandment and go to jail for Christians.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: June 27, 2022 05:56PM

What are these "weapons of war" you keep referring to? Any fire arm purchased legally from a gun store? I own an AR-15 rifle and a 9mm hand gun. Neither is close to a "weapon of war". The AR-15 looks kinda mean though. Is that your standard definition for a "weapon of war"? Mean looking?

Date: June 27, 2022 06:30PM

Assault rifles, which we used to ban, but not anymore!
Thank you Jesus!

Date: June 27, 2022 06:48PM

And what characteristics constitute an "assault rifle". Would that include a ban on hunting rifles which have the same characteristics (but not as mean looking) as, say, an AR-15 for example?

Date: June 27, 2022 07:56PM

The weapon of choice for mass murder.

Date: June 27, 2022 08:20PM

Oh yeah...those "weapons of war"...which, really, are not weapons of war.

Date: June 28, 2022 08:11PM

So do nothing and let the innocent victims stack up until it’s your kid?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 28, 2022 02:31PM

Actually, an "assault rifle" is one that has a fully automatic capability. Your normal AR-15 sold to civilians does not qualify as an "assault rifle".

Date: June 28, 2022 08:11PM

Great. So shove your head up your ass and do nothing.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 28, 2022 08:35PM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
------------------------------
> Great. So shove your head up
> your ass and do nothing.

Vehemence in a vacuum, no matter how much spittle is profanely sprayed, is definitely up there with doing nothing.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 28, 2022 11:11PM

Get a life, Amber.

Date: June 28, 2022 09:33PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, an "assault rifle" is one that has a fully automatic capability. Your normal AR-15 sold to civilians does not qualify as an "assault rifle".

Of course it doesn't. But when you lack independent thought capabilities and rely on left-spewing rhetoric, "weapons of war" and "assault rifles" seem to be the terms you rely on.

Sadly, with more guns than people in the U.S., at this point there is little that can be done. Weapons will always be accessible. Personally, I would look at ways to better defend schools from such attackers. Added armed security, limited entry points, locked classrooms, improved high-tech security, trained and armed faculty/administrators, etc. I don't have the answers, but that is where I would start.

Posted by: Adam Warrior ( )
Date: June 27, 2022 06:14PM

If Jesus was a killer i would have been dead a long time ago if it was up to just disrespecting parents.

What happens to the parents that disrespect their kids first? Well, Jesus doesn't kill them either.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 28, 2022 12:31AM

Adam, do you remember back in your father's declining years, when I would say stuff like, "Just imagine your father in drag, and you'd have my mother."

It's been just over 30 years since my mother died, but some of the psychic scarring she left on my inner self will never go away. A lot of it is gone, however, and I hope that your healing is moving along in a healthy direction.

Take care, bro.

Date: June 27, 2022 06:21PM

I think he wants us to follow Colin Kaepernick . . .

But I'll admit that I'm just guessing.

Date: June 27, 2022 06:26PM

Pretty good guess!! I mean, his initials are C.K. after all. Hmmmmmmm.

(Gold star for being able to spell Kaepernick correctly!!)

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: June 27, 2022 07:09PM

Nowhere does Jesus advocate the killing of disrespectful children. In Matthew he was accused of breaking The Law and tradition by allowing his followers to eat without washing their hands. He uses that same Law and tradition to point out their hypocrisy. Jesus fulfilled The Law.

Date: June 27, 2022 07:29PM

Mathew 15:4 “For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.”

Sure sounds like a death sentence to me!

Date: June 27, 2022 07:40PM

Sounds like a death sentence but it wasn't endorsed by Jesus.

What he was doing was demonstrating to the Pharisees that their teachings and practices missed the point.

I realize you don't "do" nuance, but it is nonetheless important if a reader wants to understand what Jesus was saying.

Date: June 27, 2022 08:03PM

That’s your interpretation.
It sounds to me like he’s calling them hypocrites because they don’t follow Gods commandment to kill kids for being disrespectful, preferring instead their own tradition of not killing disrespectful kids.
God did command us to kill kids in the Leviticus 20:9, and since Jesus is supposed to be Jehovah, the God of the Old Testament, that was Jesus commanding us to kill kids.

Date: June 28, 2022 11:15PM

Look, Kori, don't insult and curse at people in one thread and then turn around and expect to be engaged respectfully in another.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 27, 2022 08:03PM

I see that point.

I do think it is valid to add, halfway jokingly, that Jesus will kill (by default of not allowing eternal life) all who don't honor him. Maybe Jesus was just jealous of parents getting away with his gig.

Date: June 27, 2022 08:05PM

I say, let Colin Kaepernick be the judge!

Date: June 27, 2022 08:12PM

Not until he becomes Tirano de Tijuana.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: June 27, 2022 08:41PM

Obviously you don't do context nor comprehension. He is not advocating anything. He is emphasizing their hypocrisy by throwing their own law and tradition at them. Essentially he is saying: why are you accusing us of breaking the Law and your traditional when you don't keep your own law and tradition regarding disrespectful children.

Date: June 28, 2022 08:43PM

So IOW “you wouldn’t be hypocrites if you did what I told you to do back when I was invisible.”

It’s all murderous lies.
Jesus/God are bastards if they say killing kids is ok, in any context, or age.

Date: June 28, 2022 09:20PM

Wow, it’s like you’re looking at the world through rage-colored glasses!

Date: June 28, 2022 09:27PM

Not the world, just patriarchal racist myths and abusive institutions, like the so-called ‘Christian’s’ who are ‘pro-life’ when it comes to a fertilized egg, but when kids are being mass murdered it’s time for a doughnut break.

Date: June 28, 2022 09:43PM

So you’re wearing rage-colored glasses but only noticing the things you want to rage at?

And you think that by showing US the rage, you’ve made a step in the right direction?

That I’ve noticed, no one has contributed a “Yay, they overturned Roe v. Wade!!” post here…

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.