Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sonofabish ( )
Date: August 23, 2015 02:48PM

So me and my wife were having an intimate moment when all of a sudden she asks what time it is. I lean over and look at my alarm clock and tell her. She springs up and yells out the door for the kids to start getting ready for church. Ugh! REALLY?!

Both my kids decided to stay home with me. My wife looked a little deflated walking out the door heading to church, I had hoped she was going to stay home and enjoy a day with just the 4 of us. I decided to have fun with my kids, we are eating lunch now. I let them know how much I appreciated them being home and how much fun I am having with them.

Anyways, just needed to vent out a little frustration.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 23, 2015 02:48PM

Wow.
Just wow.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 23, 2015 02:53PM

You could have been a jerk and asked her if she would be willing to stand up Jesus and stay with you. He wouldn't dump her if she missed a couple of dinner dates with him. Besides his suppers are always the same and suck - bread and water. Not even a little wine with the dine.

Date: August 24, 2015 01:00PM

Yeah, Im not really that type of guy though. I was hoping she would have stayed home with me though.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 23, 2015 05:11PM

Well, at least she let the kids stay home with you. With proper positive reinforcement you will have them out of TSCC in no time at all. She might not be that far behind them if you can love her out of the church. Who wouldn't rather be home making whoopie than sitting with the sour faced R.S. President?

Date: August 24, 2015 01:01PM

Yeah, when I came out I told her that I was fine with the kids going to church if THEY wanted to do it. I didnt want them to feel like they had to do something because someone was expecting it. She has respected this and doesnt put up a fight when the kids say they want to stay home.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 23, 2015 05:13PM

Ouch! Sorry you experienced that. But with TBMs the church always has to come first (oops, that sounded really bad!) I thought I'd leave it to give you a chuckle. The Boner.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 01:07PM

yer doin it rong, Opie

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.