Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ElderCarrion ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 01:33AM

Due to the effect of the internet and more rapid spreads of insights and facts, what will our world be like in 10 years?

Much better, about the same or much worse?

I'm thinking it will be far better for the astute but much worse for the dupes, addicts and weak-willed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 01:34AM

I still won't have an iPhone.

Just watch Futurama and it will all be made clear to you.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 09:36AM

Will you preserve your head in a jar?

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 03:07AM

The rate at which people are resigning from the church will have increased when compared to new baptisms.

Posted by: unbelievable ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 04:02AM

Worse because the corruption, violence and illiteracy of individuals to take responsibility for their choices will be much more rampant, entire systems will collapse.

Posted by: riverogue ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 04:34AM

the internet will continue to facilitate ones studies in whatever they want to believe. It's impact on destroying religion is totally exaggerated. people would leave religion with or without info on the internet.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 05:13AM

Most governments worldwide will be even more violent and corrupt. Genocide will soar to new levels. Sexual slavery, forced marriage, ethnic armies, and extortion checkpoints will become the norm in post-industrial nations. And the almighty Internet will allow private social websites for terrorists and criminals to thrive as never before.

Posted by: androidandy ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 12:17PM

US East coast population fleeing the crowded cities to the west to escape the mess. PNW real estate skyrocketing.

TSCC shrinking to the point that it's impossible not to notice.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 12:49PM

androidandy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> US East coast population fleeing the crowded
> cities to the west to escape the mess. PNW real
> estate skyrocketing.

"According to Census Bureau, New York City’s population increased from 8,175,1331 in April of 2010 to 8,491,079 in July of 2014. This is an increase of 315,900 residents or about 3.9 percent over the 2010 mark."

Boston's population increased 6.2% from 2010 to 2014.

Of the largest East Coast cities, Baltimore had the lowest rate of growth from 2010 to 2014, increasing at 0.3%. None of the largest East Coast cities showed population decline in that period.

Oops.

Date: August 24, 2015 05:23AM

More truth will be exposed on the morg, and the lawsuits will increase. It will be forced to change their business model because their won't be enough members giving them free labor, and tithes, etc.

Increase in environmental disasters will cause major geographic shifts and more economic fallout globally.

Posted by: finnan haddie ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 06:06AM

I think there will be shifts in the balance of power in countries and organisations due to limitations in the ability of those in power to control information.

My hope is this will lead some countries which suffer a democratic deficit (the country moving in a direction that does not match the will of its people) shifting their trajectory to be closer to where its people want it to go. That is optimistic and it obviously won't always go that way.

Converse to this, we're going to see ever more intensive efforts to attempt to control that flow of information, and information will be the resource that is fought over - hopefully not militarily!

In microcosm we're already seeing this effect in controlling organisations like the LDS church - the old methods of controlling information are no longer working, and the leadership is scrabbling to retain control in a completely different world. What way it will go, I have no idea.

I think it was Grant Palmer who said in an interview that he sees the Western membership of the LDS church falling off and the church becoming more dominated by the African nations and other developing countries, as these are where the membership is still growing. However, things change very fast. A lot can happen in 10 years - especially just now!

Posted by: bishop Rick ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 08:58AM

You'll be able to read mormon apologetics using a virtual reality headset.

Posted by: finnan haddie ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 09:04AM

That too.

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 09:04AM

The widespread Balkanization of the U.S. Should be starting in the southern states and the west coast in about ten years.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 09:40AM

That is my prediction to, or very similar. I can't wait for 2 things, Texas to secede (Yay!) and the Pacific NW to become a new, enlightened republic.

Posted by: Boyd K Pecker ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 09:18AM

What are you guys talking about?

Don't you know that within 10 years the Millennium will be here and that Christ will personally reign upon this (the American) continent?

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 09:20AM

Because it is unknown what weather and drought will be like then, it is impossible to know. If California continues to get no water, they will run out, with global warming the dynamics of the world are changing. Weather and energy are the big unknowns.

With new technology people can learn how to change and make it all work, but tough to predict what or how it will happen.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 09:25AM

... the infrastructure to run the internet will still be working.

How about lights-out for lack of funding once the bankers have sucked dry every resource for their own greed.

Date: August 24, 2015 09:34AM

Wow, what a bunch of optimists...

:(

Date: August 24, 2015 09:42AM

Market instability, government collapse, economic upheavals, more identity theft bigtime.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 11:02AM

Watch Idiocracy. It predicts the future. We're half-way there and I'm sure in 10 years America will be fully dumbed down.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 11:07AM

THANK YOU!

I've been thinking the exact same thing lately.

I put The Donald in with the Kardashians ilk. Seriously? He is getting the polls like he is? Really?

Bummer.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 11:21AM

In 10 years? It will still be the same as now.

Date: August 24, 2015 11:26AM

michaelm (not logged in) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In 10 years? It will still be the same as now.

Bingo. Look back 10 years from right now -- has much changed? Nope.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 12:29PM

Many complain the middle class is disappearing. It isn't. It's being ushered out the door--by the middle class itself who want someone else to fix it for them as they head off to Walmart.

Everywhere I go I see people who cannot look away from their cell phones--on the street, in the car, under the table at work, during dinner with friends. These people will deserve what they get. And, there's a lot of them.

Are these people reading the classics on cell phones? Taking a class? Exchanging philosophies? Are they perhaps writing a novel with those raging thumbs? We know the answer.

America will drop from 22nd place in almost everything to 36th.

People complain about those with no ambition;complain about those who don't care about doing a good job. I say, "Good. Makes it easier for me to get ahead."

Yes. I'm the older generation. I sound like my Dad did. But, of course, I'm right this time. :)

Women are surging ahead in education. Maybe they will save the day--at least the ones who aren't cell phone addicts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.