Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: templenamegabriel ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 02:55PM

Do you think Moroni regrets not retreiving the Book of Abraham papyri when he took back all the other important relics? I mean of all the things for him to leave behind. I bet Jesus was pissed!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 02:56PM

:)
I don't think imaginary characters regret anything.

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 03:19PM

The problem is that the Gold Plates were a fantasy so they had to remain hidden. The ancient Egyptian papyri were real but the translation was a fantasy. Joseph Smith exploited the existence of the Egyptian papyri by setting up a museum and charging a fee to see them. I would ask any Mormon why it was okay for people to see the Egyptian papyri but not the Gold Plates? Shouldn't the Gold Plates be in a museum today? Shouldn't scholars be reviewing them like the Dead Sea Scrolls? Why did people need "faith" to see the Gold Plates? Why did Joseph Smith say that people would be cursed for seeing the Gold Plates without permission? Why didn't Joseph Smith just show the plates publicly to validate the Book of Mormon story?

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 03:26PM

Smith didn't get the Abraham papyri from an angel. They were purchased for cash from a traveling "side show."

If Moroni regrets anything, it's probably that he went to all that trouble to haul the plates to New York from Mexico, watch over them for all those centuries, and then Smith didn't even need them to produce the translation.

And he's probably also pissed that Joe didn't even get his name right at first, and thought he was "Nephi."

(Then, on the other hand, it maybe WAS Nephi, and HE's pissed that it's Moroni and not him on top of all the temples....)

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 03:26PM

What Moroni really regrets is that he lugged hundreds of pounds of plates through thousands of miles of wilderness (often infested with bloodthirsty enemies), buried them under a huge rock in upstate New York and spent the rest of his life wandering alone. And then Joseph Smith ignored them and used a seer stone in a hat to create the Book of Mormon.

That would piss me off too.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 03:30PM

If he regretted anything it is that he didn't learn to cook Italian since his name implies that he is Italian.

I'll bet he thought he was an Italian Stallion in his wildest imaginary person dreams.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.