Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 11:50PM

Mrmon expression
mrmon expositor

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: goodeye ( )
Date: August 25, 2015 11:58PM

Why were they shut down?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 11:58PM by goodeye.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 12:36AM

I miss these too. Both websites are missing previous content, but Mormon Expression is showing a status message. Mormon Expositor just looks like it disappeared.

Two comments:

Mormon Expression - Adam (the FNG that took over for John Larson) is a nice guy and tried hard to make the podcast his own, but it just never worked for me. Larson is clearly burnt out on Mormonism so I believe this podcast and the Mormon Expression brand is dead. I will say thank you to John and those that worked with him. You were a great help to me. Peace out people.

Mormon Expositor - Always good discussion on this podcast. I loved the commentary they would do on general conference talks. My only complaint was their STUPID ELECTRONIC BUMPER MUSIC. Every time I heard that shit I promised myself I was going to delete the podcast and never listen again. If this one comes back with its group of hosts and commentators do us all a favor and get new bumper music. Skip the Disney electric light parade shit.

:)

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 12:40AM

expositor: Their speaker by speaker conference analysis was quite good. I'll miss that.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 08:15AM

misterzelph Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mrmon expression
> mrmon expositor

I hadn't gone back to those podcasts for awhile.

I went to mrmon stories to see what JD was doing and then head over to Adams podcast to see if he was done with surgery.

All they have is some podcast posted for a really old episode.

When you go the archives for September 2015 you have a message that reads:

"Join Adam, John and Brandon as they say goodbye. Thank you for all of the support and for making Mormon Expression a succcess. We..."

"Subscirbe or log in to read the rest of the content"

So this farewell message is behind a $9.95 unlimited subscription for life paywall.

Anyone have the a sub and can elaborate if the whole thing is really shut down. If it is, I guess the listeners and Adam just never really worked out and John Larson is definitely spent on Mormonism shit.

Date: October 16, 2015 08:17AM

I suppose they could upload all of their stuff to soundcloud small fee are youtube for posterity.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 08:59AM

Mormon expositor just barely posted conference reviews so they are still going to some extent.

John Larsen will be posting an old episode each week with new commentary. If you want all of the old Mormon expression episodes, it is a one time fee of 9.95. I think it's worth it, especially after all the years I have listened to the guy.

Date: October 16, 2015 09:32AM

So Mormon Expression is officially shutdown then as far as new episodes?

Adam is gone and moved on to other things... I wasn't able to see the message and didn't care to pay $9.95 to read a message ...yeah we are done. Bye.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: October 16, 2015 09:06AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.