Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 02:47AM

I just stumbled across this. It's much, much longer but here's what caught my eye:

"David Grant Xxxxx 1928 ~ 2005 Beloved husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend. David Grant Xxxxx began his turn on earth September 28, 1928 and returned to his Heavenly Father, April 7, 2005 after a valiant battle with cancer. Born the fourth of 12 children to Carl Walfred Xxxxx and Bessie
Laverne Wwwww in Salt Lake City, where he was taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ; he then spent the rest of his life bringing others to Christ. He married his sweetheart, Doris Ccccc, April 2, 1951 in the Salt Lake Temple, sealed by Elder Spencer W. Kimball."

"...born the 4th of 12 children in Salt Lake City, where he was taught the gospel of Jesus Christ..."

When he died in 2005, how much of the gospel of Jesus Christ that he'd been taught was still 'true'? You can't get TBMs to think about the evolution of the church in any real sense; they can't/won't grasp that their ghawd is one really mixed up piece 'o work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 03:43AM

ya mormon obituaries are a commercial for the church. They always have to say what church callings he held. It's funny lots of people marry out of the temple but the obituary will always say they were later "solmenized" in the S*** temple.

What does solmenized even mean? shouldn't that be private? and what does that have anything to do with an obituary?

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 01:45PM

When I lived in SLC and read the obituaries in the trib. more then not it was always easy to pick out the dead Mormons.

Came from a big family, served a mission in blah blah land, married in the SLC temple, etc, etc, etc.

I live back east (bible belt) now and mainstream Christians kind of do the same thing.

"He served his lord, was a deacon in his church, services will be held at The truth of the lord God in Jesus Baptist church."

I guess it's a status thing or some sort of resume for the here after or maybe in your face I was such a good christen I'm going to heaven and the rest of you scum will be in hell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2015 03:49PM by 64monkey.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 02:53PM

64monkey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I lived in SLC and read the obituaries in the
> trib. more then not it was always easy to pick out
> the dead Mormons.

But The Mormon Church can't track their death. They are "counted" until they are 110.

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 02:52PM

In another life I was a funeral director.

It was often my task to write an obit after gathering the info from the family.

Sometimes the families were hard pressed to find anything good to say about their dad or mom. They were stuck with occupation and any other organizations the deceased may have belonged to.

You have to play the hand you're dealt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.