Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 06:31PM

...Mom and Dad used to play this when the Home Teachers came over. I don't know why, but every time we opened the box it smelled like almonds..........I always ended up on the "Lose 2 Reichsmarks" and "Go to Camp" space.....go figure.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/gas-who.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 06:37PM

"when you played Risk, seven extra men and you still could never hold Austrial-Asia..."
- - Eddie Izzard

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 06:37PM

I had a roommate who used to come up with "Worst Sit-Com ever" ideas; one was a show in an apartment inhabited by the ghosts of Hitler and Eva Braun...part of the high jinx was that every time the Jewish neighbors would come over, the oven door would fly open!

It was called 'Nazi See Him--Nazi Don't!'

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 06:41PM

WTF...

Date: August 26, 2015 06:45PM

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 06:54PM

IN B4 killing Jews is funny

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 09:33PM

Masterpiece
(They stopped making it. =( )

Fine art, intrigue...

#2 Clue

Life... We named our plastic stick babies: Rod, Slim, Twiggy...
It always took too long, we drove our cars off the bridge before millionaire acres.

Battleship

Pictionary

Posted by: Renie ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 10:42PM

I have two Masterpiece games...I've never heard of anyone else that had ever heard of it.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 11:47PM

I loved playing Masterpiece. I still have the game from my childhood. Monopoly was also fun.

My favorite game was Risk. When school was out for Christmas vacation I spent a lot of time playing Risk with the neighbors. The same game went on for days.

Favorite card game of all things was called Mormon Bridge. I don't know why it is called Mormon Bridge. I was very good at winning that game.

I love Scrabble. I love teaming up with my husband to play Trivial Pursuit against other couples. He's very smart so we (he) usually win(s).

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 10:45PM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 10:52PM

Me too.
Give me Scrabble,
or give me death.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 01:40AM

I had to take a break from phone scrabble
"Words with friends"
We played constantly!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 10:58PM

is candyland already taken ?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 11:21PM

Scrabble, oh yeah. Used it to pass the 38 hours+ of labor my wife spent with our first son :)

Trivial Pursuit...I'm full of otherwise useless facts!

Posted by: unbelievable ( )
Date: August 26, 2015 11:35PM

Monopoly

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 12:16AM

Trival Pursuit was the big craze back when I was in College. I came across it a couple years ago, and realized all the questions were now 20 years out of date.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 12:17AM

with "Monopoly" a close second. One of the Rail Road cards was somewhat devalued after my friends' dogs urinated on it, but once it dried out in the sun, it was still playable, though handled with care.

I loved "Trivial Pursuit" as a young adult, but it got so that my then-husband refused to play any more, because I was such a depository of trivial information that I could destroy anybody we played against. I loved "Scrabble," too, but a longtime friend still teases me about the time when, drunk out of my mind, I was griping because we could only limit the game to ENGLISH, when there were so many other good languages out there. It seemed like such a waste!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 12:35AM

I enjoyed playing the Waterworks card game.

Posted by: finnan haddie ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 09:48AM

Maori, Takenoko, Ankh-Morpork, The Witches, Ticket to Ride...

Mr. Haddie is BIG into board games. We've been to the big German tabletop gaming show in Essen 3 times now. I'm less of an enthusiast, but still keen - it's amazing how many games there are out there that most people have never heard of!

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 12:07PM

Our family loves Ticket to Ride! We prefer the European edition. The map is more interesting and you can add extra stations...

Date: August 27, 2015 04:21PM

I've never played it, only North America and India. India's quite fun - it has tunnels.

I also made up an experimental Scotland map, but it's currently a bit unbalanced and needs work. The Web is full of people making up Ticket to Ride maps of their own particular area, and a variety of fantastical worlds.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 10:15AM

Stratego (capture the flag as a board game). Could play for hours with my brother.

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 10:24AM

Our kids loved the various versions of Ticket to Ride, Risk, and Settlers of Catan....good times!

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 10:53AM

As a kid, like shortbobgirl, it was Stratego.

As an adult it's probably crib.

Posted by: sonofabish ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 11:00AM

Im a big board game fan, the games that are my favorite, most probably dont even know what they are. A few of my favorites are

Terra Mystica
The Castles of Burgundy
Kingdom Builder
Pandemic

I have nearly 200 board games and play an average of 50 games a month.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 02:28PM

I just managed to include every expansion for Eldritch Horror into its box. (Strange Remnants arrived in the mail yesterday.) I'm proud of myself.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 12:15PM

My was Apples to Apples and Loaded Question. I played these a lot while I was in college.

Date: August 27, 2015 04:23PM

Apples to Apples is great fun, it's a stock favourite at family parties in our house.

Also Dixit. How could I forget Dixit? Like Apples to Apples, only with pictures. Weird, weird pictures... I recommend it.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 01:47PM

I love Settlers of Catan. We have a group that will get together once in awhile on a Friday night and play. A couple of the guys get so serious and like to stratagize. I just fly by the seat of my pants and win as often as they do. I actually play better after a few glasses of wine.

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 02:11PM

yahtzee

Date: August 27, 2015 05:09PM

...everyone forgot the best board game of all time...........OUIJA!!

...ex-mo wife is still afraid of that damned thing!

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 06:32PM

Yahtzee and Boggle are a couple I like. Uno and Skip-Bo are good too.

I liked "The Game of Life" when I was a kid.

I recently played "Cards Against Humanity" and found myself crying with laughter....this one is a bit adult , but oh so funny.

Posted by: gordo ( )
Date: August 27, 2015 08:13PM

Cribbage. Still play it, but down to ten or so times per month.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.