Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mtorres ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 11:47AM

If you have seen the show isn't Jeff a Mormon? And if so how the world is hanging out with naked people for 40 days get him a temple recommend?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 12:56PM

I am watching that show. Is he the guy that was on there before (for 21 days in Africa) and said he was Mormon or something?

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 05:06PM

*shrugs*

Being Mormon does not mean "Temple going". There are many members who have never been to the temple.

Date: August 31, 2015 07:28PM

Well, he talks the talk like he is a in it to win it Mormon. So I assume he is a temple goer.

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 10:55PM

*shrugging again* (good shoulder exercise)

I couldn't care less. WRT assuming, well...

*shrug* (ah, that feels good!)

Date: September 01, 2015 09:11AM

**shrugging at your shrugging***

If you could care less than save the bandwidth and don't comment Brother Bruce.

**shrugging, that does feel good** nnlnn

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 09:12AM

He was endowed but they blurred it out.

Posted by: finnan haddie ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 05:27PM

This is one of those threads that makes me feel like I have accidentally translated the page into Dutch.

I have no idea what is being discussed. Please, continue, the sensation is oddly soothing.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 08:00PM

can I (please) have Naked but Not Afraid?

thanks

Posted by: DirkDiggler ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 08:41PM

Did he show them all his endowment? And was it white and delightsome?

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 09:27PM

I thought this thread was going to be about Joseph Smith's plural wives...

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 10:52AM

Bhahaha! I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that!

Posted by: reese731 ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 08:24PM

YAAAAASSSSSSSS ^this

Posted by: redkoolaidmonster ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 06:18AM

The first time he was on, his mormonism was dialed up to 11.

He was shown praying naked several times, and I found both his prostrated body position and the silly-sounding content of his prayer to be hilarious. He came across as straight-up looney tunes and made the church look bad.

On his Facebook page, it looks to me like he is an active mormon. I can't imagine the church letting him get away with being on the show twice.

But I wonder if they wouldn't be MORE upset at how crazy he made mormons look, and less about being naked (and blurred) on TV with nude women.

This last time he was on, they barely mentioned his mormonism at all. I think either the church or the show's producers had him dial it all back.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 09:40AM

While I have not watched the other series so much, I did watch this one, "XL: 40 days", whatever it was titled. He caught three eels and one sting ray, for which he shared the eels with the group. After each eel he thanked "God" for giving him the strength, know-how, and opportunity to acquire the needed protein, where the others were not so successful. He felt guilty if he did not share his bounty. I did not know he was a Mormon, because his prayers did not use mormonese so much - so yeah, he must have dialed the Mormon back because I can usually spot a Mormon a mile away, and I didn't this time. Now I wonder if the reason he split off from the group was to be away from the wimins?

Posted by: baneberry ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 09:41AM

That is like the "Swingers for Jesus" over for supper. Swap wive and preach the gospel all at the same time.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 10:44AM

I did not know that, but it explains so much. Like how he dismissed and disregarded any of the women and their opinions, how his way was the One and Only True Right Way to do things, the whole, "We're the alpha males, we don't need no stinkin' girls slowing us down..." His reluctance to share food with the other group...

This all screams mormon misogyny.

Posted by: greystone ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 11:02AM

dogzilla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I did not know that, but it explains so much. Like
> how he dismissed and disregarded any of the women
> and their opinions, how his way was the One and
> Only True Right Way to do things, the whole,
> "We're the alpha males, we don't need no stinkin'
> girls slowing us down..." His reluctance to share
> food with the other group...
>
> This all screams mormon misogyny.

Have you even been watching the show? When did he "dismiss or disregard" any of the women's opinions? They didn't join up with the others because of the drama that comes with being in a big group. And it was the right decision. It is much easier to work in a smaller group.

Also, he shared the first two eels with the bigger group without reluctance, even though he didn't have to....all while the bigger group did not share any of their food with him. On his third catch he was reluctant to share it because he felt like all the food he caught was being shared, while any of the food the big group caught was not being shared with him and his partner. He seems like a genuinely good guy. Only wish he would keep his prayers personal and not broadcast them to the world. And his yelling is really annoying.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 01:55PM

Yes, I have been watching, but the bit about dismissing women's opinions is the part where I confused him for that other MRA-type guy... the one who tried to do too much all the time and tapped out early, with much moaning and drama and whining. I really, really hated that guy.

And he's also super religious, so I think what they were saying about keeping separate was bullshit. It wasn't to avoid drama, because they caused a lot of it, just by choosing not to be team players. I think they didn't want to be around nekkid women. They even turned Dani away when she was being Mean Girled and she really needed them. "We like you, but no."

I really hate them both.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 02:00PM

We clearly watched a different show.

How would Dani have added value to their team? She wouldn't have.

Why should they be compelled to take someone in whose M.O. was team hopping? She was always looking for greener pastures.

The 2-man team was respectful and generous, and I thought they did the right thing keeping their team contained.

If it were an agricultural show then a bigger team would be beneficial. It wasn't. It was hunting/gathering, and smaller groups are the rule there.

Hate? Really? It's just a tv show!

Date: September 01, 2015 02:00PM

Lol..now it makes sense why they turned Dani away. I couldn't figure that out at the time. He didn't want to be around a nekid wimmin.

Date: September 01, 2015 02:03PM

What "value" you ask? lol..I'd say entertainment value maybe...maybe recreational value.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 10:48AM

You can fault him for his judgment on so-called spiritual matters, but you can't deny that he was the best of them when it comes to survival.

I personally don't think 5/6 in the other group deserved to trek to the extraction. They probably would have tapped if they hadn't gotten much needed protein from his successful hunting.

Date: September 01, 2015 12:50PM

That's what I thought too...they would've have tapped out if he hadn't shared. The eels were a major protein boost each time for all of them. It was telling the larger group didn't share their sting ray with the two. I thought he showed a lot of class the entire time - to be honest. A nice guy.

Date: September 01, 2015 05:19PM

I saw it last night - the 40 day XL one - the finale. I hadn't known he was the Mormon before. Jeff was definitely the superstar of the group. I won't take that away from him.

He did not appear to be a superstar in his first airing though:

I went to his FaceBook page and he is hawking signed photos of himself for $15 a pop.

NOTE: I had posted a link to his story but then clicked on it and was flagged by my anti virus software so I removed link.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 05:20PM by mormonthinker.

Date: September 01, 2015 10:02PM

These photos for $15 are they blurred or unblurred? Was he really the alpha male?

Date: September 02, 2015 01:17PM

mtorres Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These photos for $15 are they blurred or
> unblurred? Was he really the alpha male?

Blurred. Yes, he was definitely the food provider - in at least the 40 day show.

NOTE: On Sunday they have a reunion show which he and rest of cast will be on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2015 01:18PM by mormonthinker.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.