Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 04:52PM

Allen F. Packer.

Oldest son of Boyd K. Packer. And from everything I can tell about this guy, he is a chip off the old block.

Why do I think this? He is on the front page of the LDS.org website, with this article:

https://www.lds.org/liahona/2015/08/heavenly-fathers-fixed-standards?cid=HP_FR_8-21-2015_dPTH_fLHNA_xLIDyL2-1_&lang=eng

Full of the same tough talk/reality-denying/outright lies that made his dad such a hit.

Examples (from the article):

"God’s standards are fixed, and no one can change them. Individuals who think they can will be greatly surprised in the Final Judgment." (passive aggression, glee at the punishment of sinners, and total unawareness of the history of his own church)

"But only by knowing, understanding, and living the doctrine of Christ can you adopt the behavior needed to qualify for exaltation." (adopt the behavior to 'qualify' for exaltation? come again? no doubt the grace-free Packer family message sunk deep in his heart).

"You can meet the standards and tolerances. You have the capacity to qualify for exaltation." (100% not a Christian understanding of "exaltation" in any way. A throwback to the old 'salvation by works' theology we love from Elder Packer the Elder so much.)

This man is enough of a douchebag to be the next Q12 member. He is obviously too stupid to know anything about how many times his church has changed its "unchanging" doctrines, which is a prerequisite for Q12 status. And really, Mormon Jesus is tired of all this touchy-feely grace talk and is sick of having to save sinners!

We won't be able to tell the difference between him and his dad, and maybe he will be able to get a few more true believers hopeless enough to commit suicide. With all this in mind, I predict we will not be villain-free in the Q12 for long! (not that we were anyway).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 05:04PM

He came and spoke at a stake conference here. It was reported to me that he was boring, awkward, and possessed a dreadful sense of humor.

Sounds perfect for the q15.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 11:55PM

And exactly like his father.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 05:15PM

I think his dad (Boyd KKK Packer) and he will be the ones surprised at the final judgement -- if there is one. I doubt that God or whoever is judging will be very pleased with the shite and abuse they heaped on so many.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 05:24PM

I heard him at stake conference recently. Absolutely without question - by far the most boring, dull, unprepared, lifeless-useless Second Anointed Stiff to be among the Morg's general authorities.

----

"But only by knowing, understanding, and living the doctrine of Christ can you adopt the behavior needed to qualify for exaltation." - QUALIFY FOR EXALTATION?

EXALTATION is the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom. You become a God. This is the Second Anointing. And . . . to qualify you must do everything Mormonism tells you to do: rise to the elite top and fork over your $$$$. It is not free. It costs a boat load of money. This has nothing to do with "the doctrine of Christ." Rather, it is the doctrine of Mormonism.

Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 05:44PM

I will gladly say I was wrong but I do not think he will be picked.
The men who run the church may be foolish but they are not all too stupid. Chaos is happening and they are trying to hold it together. Putting a relative in a Q12 position will just heighten the questions and anxieties from within.

They will play it safe with a proactive choice from God. Times dictate inclusiveness much the same as times in '78 dictated equal rights for blacks. They will..... I mean god will feel the pressure to pick wisely.

Posted by: exmoron ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 06:47PM

"Only the designer, Heavenly Father, can change the specifications."

Na-uhh, Jeebus can change the specifications too. He's already spouting false doctrine just like Mormon Doctrine did.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 09:00PM

Well, he certainly has a gift for fucking up the message of Christianity. Where does Jesus EVER talk about exaltation? The Boner.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 09:20PM

Aren't there any Q12 worthy people among the poor and middle class!???

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 02:26AM

southern idaho inactive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aren't there any Q12 worthy people among the poor
> and middle class!???

REALLLLY ???? Shucks.....I think they should make a woman an " honorary general authority " !

Let's sit back with our coffee & popcorn & watch the show , right !!!

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 12:57PM

I should've mentioned them too! I wrote the reply in a hurry!

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 12:58PM

That's an adorable question.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 02:00AM

or even in the hourly working class. When was the last time someone was picked who wasn't salaried or in management or some kind? Why so many lawyers?

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 09:22PM

My guess is that they go with at least one token minority to difuse any internal backlash they might be getting from their temper tantrum over SSM. Will make them look mrs diverse and inviting. The TBMs will eat it up and recite chants about the church being true for weeks before they slip back into their full routines.

Posted by: darkshadow ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 10:57AM

I agree you sparty. He will be older, so that the chance of him taking the top spot are low.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 10:22PM

Oh please, please make this happen. It would unconverted a couple thousand people at least.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 01:09PM

I sure as heck hope so!

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 10:24PM

Yeah, I knew the Packer boys. David was my age. Allen, I think, was a bit older. That was when the Packers lived in Lindon, UT during the '60's. They struck me as very regimented and rather odd children. They seemed to think themselves my betters, as I was a poor boy, the son of a divorced mother. (At that time, divorced women in Mormondom were pariahs. Maybe they still are.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 10:26PM by rationalist01.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 11:53PM

I have said in the past that these matters are much more predetermined in some instances than what LD$ Inc would like people to think. Eyring is / was a prime example. Eyring was EVERYWHERE on KBYU prior to his being made an official MORmON ASSpostHOLE, to the extent that I was saying to myself and then to others: WHO is this goofy ninny? And WHY is he taking up so much of KBYU's air time in one way or another?

Then Eyring was made an ASSpostHOLE.

OHHHHHH, that is who he is...... going to be, NOW.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, THAT is why he was featured so prominently on
KBYU's broadcast.

He looked like a dumb ass more than anything else when they were pro MO ing him for ASSpostHOLE.

He still looks like a dumb ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzMMCA3mmGk

for any one who is concerned with who LD$ Inc will formally appoint to MORmON ASSpostHOLE, keeping an eye on MORmON media might give an indication.

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 02:21AM

They don't give a darn what we think. They're gunna
do whatever THEY want & tough $hit what the rest of us
think/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 03:40AM by momto15kids.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 08:51AM

I heard him speak at dad's funeral, he has a thick enough Utah accent for the job

Posted by: Ex mo ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 07:37PM

I think they will appoint a Hispanic. It's all about marketing.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 07:44PM

They are more and more nepotists. There are fewer trusted "church broke" people. The Packer scions seem a shoo-in, especially since I knew them as fully indoctrinated, robotic TBM children. I recently listened to an entire podcast of some atheists talking about Mormonism, and who were not intimately familiar with the faith. They were listening to Ann M. Dibb's "young women's conference" talk.. They never acknowledged or realized that Ann M. Dibb is Monson's daughter. Being a relative is a real plus in high TBM leadership these days.

Posted by: anono ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 08:31AM

It is VERY UNLIKELY that a Pcker will be selected as an apostle this year.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 11:12AM

My take is that the top church leaders were heartily sick of BKP at the time of his departure. So I think it unlikely that anyone with the last name of Packer will be getting the job anytime soon.

Church leaders *should* pick at least one minority for the position, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are incapable of deviating from their comfort zone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.