Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 09:49PM

Kind of a follow up to the previous thread about the 5th Sunday meeting. I was texting my brother about it and he told me that the whole "blame the parents for the kids going apostate" ruse came from a Bednar "training" on keeping the Sabbath holy.

He (my brother) found this awesome blog about it: http://www.wheatandtares.org/18840/beat-the-parents/

I just don't know how to express the contempt I have for this smug little man. After his mauling of a deacon, insulting his wife, not even getting how stupid his pickle parable idea was, and writing an article about how wayward children can never be reclaimed, I think it is clear that Bednar is the biggest asshat clown among the Q15 right now.

Just had to vent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 09:51PM

It's getting so that the "Church Broke" robots who are willing to stay on the track to apostleship are only the mentally defective or sociopaths. He fits both definitions.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 10:05PM

Howdy GoV, I posted this a couple of days ago:

From my son, "This week was a week i will never forget i was able to see on sunday a talk given by Elder Bednar called the Character Of Christ! It didn't just change my whole mission but it changed my life! it's crazy how powerful he is when talking!!"

What's a Boner to do?

Date: August 31, 2015 11:22PM

Ouch! That might be the hardest thing a parent like me could hear to hear. Hang in there until he figures it out!

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 09:21AM

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 10:11PM

Members should probably not worry about it. The essays have all but blamed Brigham Young for the priesthood ban. Over and over now the excuse is that the leaders make mistakes. Bender's words ought to be thought of as a mistake, just like Kimball's were about Lamanites turning white. Or McConkie's claims about the Catholic Church being the whore of the earth. Bednar's words will just as easily be discounted once he is dead. Members ought to do themselves a favor and discount them now while he is alive.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 10:13PM

There's a very good change he'll be the CEO some day. Everyone in line ahead of him is much older. If he can outlive Uctdorf, he has it made.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 10:17PM

Jesus COULD love Davy Bednar, but he doesn't. He hates his homophobic, narcissistic, and smug little ass.

Hey, if the q15 bigots can say what Jesus is thinking, then why the fuck can't I?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 12:12AM

well, when you put it like that ......

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 31, 2015 11:26PM

jesus would slap the shit out of bednar !

Date: September 01, 2015 12:14AM

ewwwww..... there might not be much of bednar left afterward...... not much as in none

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 12:05AM

I knew I couldn't stand the guy when he told his story of getting Super Bowl tickets (of course played on Sunday) and held a family council to decide what they should do. Of course they decided to observe the Sabbath. They solved the problem by giving the tickets to someone else so THEY could break the Sabbath. I wish I could have been there to ask why he didn't just throw the tickets away so as not to cause anyone else to be tempted. He and his family couldn't possibly sin but showing himself a big shot who had Super Bowl tickets was too tempting to pass up.

Matthew 18:6
"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 04:36PM

Pooped Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Matthew 18:6
> "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those
> who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better
> for them to have a large millstone hung around
> their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the
> sea."

Wow, Jesus is an even bigger asshole than Bednar

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 09:32AM

Exactly! Jesus is the guy Bednar pretends to represent yet doesn't really know a whole lot about. I don't think he really knows just how many horrific things his beloved Bible preaches.

Personally, I take quotes from the Bible to be about as authentic and compassionate as quotes from the BofM. But if that's his measure of how to behave, he'd better know a little more about it, especially if he touts himself as a master teacher of the gospel.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 12:26AM

Lots of Mormons love old pickle puss.

Jesus actually can't stand him.....he just goes along with the fool to keep up appearances.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 02:08AM

I posted this on the blog:

I grew up in a very devout home where we said family prayer and observed the Sabbath very strictly. We obeyed the commandments, and I was a true believer. I left the church in my mid-30s. I didn't leave because my parents shirked their duty or failed in some way. I left because after decades of unanswered prayers, and feeling empty and bored at church, and completely exhausted afterwards, I realized that something was wrong. I started considering the other possibility; that maybe the church wasn't true after all. Long story short, I studied a lot and came to the conclusion that the church wasn't what it claimed to be. I left the church and resigned my membership, along with my husband and kids.

I might have stayed, just for the community, but there is no room for unbelievers in the LDS church. They are viewed with everything from blame to suspicion or contempt. Nobody ever says "She must have had a really good reason for leaving, I'm going to ask her why." There is a combination of blame and avoidance. People are afraid to talk about why. So they make up reasons like 'Their parents didn't teach them right'.

The only hope the church has of retaining members, especially those with doubts, in the information age is to stop trying to hide the problematic parts of the faith. And they need to stop trying to silence people who find problems and want answers. The church needs to own up to their own problems (which they have started to do in the Essays on the LDS.org website https://www.lds.org/topics/essays?lang=eng ). But even in those essays, they are still trying to spin it dishonestly.

Next, if the church wants people to stay, it needs to be a place where people WANT to be. Have FUN, UPLIFTING activities and lessons, explore deeper social issues instead of the same old stuff about obedience and temple attendance, encourage free thinking. Learn to be a truly supportive, tolerant and loving community and not judge people who think differently, or belong to a different political party or wear sleeveless shirts! I'll bet that many doubters would stay in, even if they didn't believe it, if it was still a pleasant place to be.

Good job for speaking up in class. Your words brought comfort to a lot of people, and hopefully the word will go back up the chain of command that it's NOT okay to blame one person (the parents) for the actions of another (the children).

Date: September 01, 2015 04:06PM

Jesus is certainly smart enough to know that pickle boy is a Liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srILFPwAAuU

The absolute garbage / mental caca that the MORmON ASSpostHOLES come up with and that they think is profound is amazing as in amazingly LAME, besides the fact that most of it is outright LIES. The fact that they make a very comfortable living as in being wealthy by their spewing caca as a MORmON ASSpostHOLE while also pretending that they are not paid is ASTOUNDING. These LIAR SCAM ARTISTS belong in prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOJcunaFE38

Date: September 02, 2015 06:00AM

^^^^HAHAH
This video on fasting is possibly the dumbest lesson this very embarrassingly awkaward man has ever taught. What the hell was the great lesson he learned?? How does this man's mind operate? I can't even tell you how discordant that is. It's like he's a self righteous Michael Scott from he office or something because he makes no sense.

Posted by: Haunted Wasatch ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 05:53PM

Bednar is the posterboy of religious narcissism even out doing Oaks.

With his "divine tentacles" reference one would almost think he secretly worships Cthulu.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 06:30PM by Haunted Wasatch.

Posted by: professional postmo ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 06:11PM

Bednar has a collection of children's shoes in his basement.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 02, 2015 02:51PM

I don't know. Jesus ain't exactly a barrel of love. Millions of starving children in the world are a testament to that. So if He can't love children, maybe even He couldn't love Bednar.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.