Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:19PM

This teen is not transgender and neither is Bruce jenner.

They are both transvestites (cross dressers). Neither has had surgery and both still have all their original male parts,

Jenner has even said that he doesn't want to give up sex with women.

That is wholly different from true transgender individuals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:24PM

wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong....

You get the point.

Read the dictionary and then come back with a different argument.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:24PM

Surgery isn't done until far, far down the road as I understand it--after psychological counseling and medications, etc. Some people never have surgery. Does that mean they are not transgender? Or transitioning?

Transitioning is not the same as being a transvestite I think all of us need to follow Iztzapopropl's (sp?) advice and get educated.

Posted by: MorridorRefugee ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:29PM

...ergo it be a BOY

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:29PM

Transgender is a term used to describe gender identity.

Cross-dressing is a term used to describe wearing your wive's sexy underwear when she is out with her friends.

Transvestite is a pejorative.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:31PM

Thank you for sharing this about Jenner, I didn't know he was still attracted to women.

As gorgeous as he has become, he still wants to screw like a guy?

Holy sh*tababa!

So he can still make babies?

This also means he reserves the right to revert back to a guy once his reality series gets cancelled.

;)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:31PM

why this issue has come to such a pass. Last period gym would solve the whole thing for everyone. Why not just make it a non issue? Teens already have such body issues. I wasn't the only one that took gym last for a lot of different reasons. One school was in a very.... conservative area and two were in liberal areas. It was just no big deal.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:33PM

Transvestitism is a fetish, mostly found in straight, white men. They are cisgender and heterosexual.

Not all transgenders have bottom surgery for various reasons that are none of other people's business.

Not all transgender people identify as sexually attracted to the other sex, some are lesbian transgender and others are gay. There's a huge difference between sexual orientation than gender identification.

You're reducing people to nothing more than their genitals and people are much more complicated than that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2015 09:43PM by Itzpapalotl.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:51PM

Forgive my bad memory and horrible spelling of your name.

Date: September 03, 2015 07:53PM

Only by those who choose to be assbadgers.

Posted by: Dafuq ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:57PM

stay classy...

Date: September 03, 2015 07:58PM

And don't forget to stop being a whiny assbadger!

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:35PM

Why are so many of you caught up on an individuals genitals?

And why do you same folks find using a persons prefered pronouns to be difficult or somehow a challenge to your own identity?

Posted by: xxxMooo ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 09:25PM

...what pronoun I choose to use for someone?

If a person's genitals don't matter, why limit bathroom sharing to trans people? Any boy should be able to use any girl's bathroom and vice-versa, trans or not.

Date: September 03, 2015 09:58PM

It matters to me because it shows a lack of respect.

Plus, we ex-mormons are a group of people that turned away from a church that encouraged thinking in binary absolutes, a church created by bigots that enshrines bigotry within doctrine, and a church that rails against the very notion that humanity is so widely varied that no cookie cutter will ever fit all of us.

So when I see people who's thoughts I respect demonstrate how little they have gone after walking away from mormonism it saddens me. It also saddens me that these same people are unintentionally hurting other members of this board because they are so rigid in their worldview that they can't use a prefered gender pronoun.

Make no mistake; I don't give two shits about Kait Jenner, but I do care about the folks on this board and those in my life so I use her prefered pronoun.

Date: September 03, 2015 10:11PM

As for the bathroom thing... in a perfect world I would say we should make all bathrooms unisex, but we don't live in a perfect world so I think that people should use the bathroom that they feel the safest using.

If you don't feel safe pooping in a stall next to a transgendered woman as she pees then we should talk about those specific safety concerns.

Date: September 04, 2015 12:21AM

You wouldn't have a problem if a man wanted to use the "women's" restroom?

Date: September 04, 2015 12:22AM

How DARE anyone do what you're doing.

Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 07:45PM

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

None.

But thanks for the slurs from the '50s.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 10:27PM

as the mother of a transgender young man I'm not surprised by this thread but I WILL put up my dukes and say how wrong wrong wrong most of the assumptions are that are being posted here.

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 11:01PM

Can you enlighten us? I haven't commented because I just don't know enough about the topic.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 11:12PM

when you look in the mirror in the morning and you see yourself, wouldn't it horrify you if what you saw didn't match what you felt or thought you were on the inside? It's literally a nightmare. How DARE anyone question it or judge. It pisses me off big time.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 12:34AM

You must get exhausted trying to educate people constantly.

((Hugs))

Posted by: anonforthisexmorm ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 01:09AM

They were just asked to do so.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 01:49AM

I know; I didn't mean hikergrl, I meant people who refuse to understand/listen/comprehend the difference between gender identity and body parts.

Date: September 04, 2015 09:38AM

Oh, I see. I read that as sarcasm. My apologies!

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 02:03AM

I always thought it was a mismatch between gender of the body and the brain, but I am sure there is much more than that going on in terms of societal pressures. That is the piece I haven't thought through at all. I am sure it is much more complex than most realize.

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 01:29AM

I've been in a thousand gay clubs all over the globe. Boys and girls share bathrooms all the time without any fuss.

andIplayedjoe

Posted by: postpostmormon ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 08:27AM

Thanks for pointing that out, Iplayedjoe. Wondered if someone would. Just said the same thing to my partner about gay clubs going back to the 70s -- you could have a drag queen, a woman, a man, a transgendered person, a gay person, a bisexual person or any other person standing in line next to you to pee and WHO CARES??

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 02:35AM

The bathroom thing would be an easy fix. I've been in fairly upscale public bathrooms that were not designated men/women. There were 2-3 stalls. The stalls were completely private, with floor to ceiling walls, regular doors, and regular door locks. Everyone, male and female, washed in the same sinks. No big deal.

And actually, it could work out fairly well because there wouldn't be the age-old problem of a big line outside the women's bathroom and no line in the men's.

It was a heck of a lot better than a women's bathroom where there are big gaps between the sides and the door, and the locks are so loose that they come unlatched 3 times while you are trying to pee.

Why don't they provide more privacy in the locker rooms at school? Any kid who wants privacy should get it. And I guarantee the transgender kid would want it.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 06:12AM

Unfortunately, they would be expensive and not likely within school and small business budgets.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 08:06AM

Common sense people...

If he/she has an OUTIE....he/she uses the boys/mens room.

If he/she has an INNIE....he/she uses the girls/womens room.

School are not to cater to the rights of one but to safety and welfare for ALL the kids....

Kids cannot get their CHOICE of bathrooms. They use the bathroom they are ASSIGNED to based of of their (current) biological gender.......

Posted by: postpostmormon ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 08:34AM

You've got this all figured out, right? Everything is black and white, cut and dried to you. Makes me wonder how you ever found your way out of the Morg with a rigid mind like that?

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 08:52AM

For the good and welfare of ALL kids in our public schools?? Yes, it is quite simple. If a transgender male (outie) has to use the boys bathroom, he can go into a stall and squat to pee.

He cannot go into the girls bathroom just so he "feels better about himself" all the while making ALL the girls uncomfortable.

And don't ass_u_me.....look at my screen name again..

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 09:25AM

You know how normally, you can just look at a person and can tell from their face if they are male or female? For some people, it doesn't work like that. My brother's roommate looked like a girl trying to dress like a boy. As far as I know, he was genetically, anatomically, and psychologically male, but he looked very distintly female, and there wasn't a thing he could do about it.
I think you're assuming that anyone with an "outie" is going to be physically male in every other way. That's not always the case.
What if you have someone who looks male but has an "innie"? Wouldn't she make the other girls uncomfortable, just as much as a transgender male?
What it comes down to is whether you're going to try to force individuals to fit into your binary view for the comfort of the people around them, or accept that the individual actually is the gender that they identify with.

Date: September 04, 2015 09:43AM

So intersex kids don't get bathrooms?

And trans girls (male to female) are much likelier to be physically unsafe, due to the high potential of rape or assault, because they have to use a men's bathroom than the girls they'd be sharing a bathroom with. Trans men are bullied in either. Gender neutral bathrooms are a good option. Statistics bear out the fact about who is truly made unsafe in these situations (hint: not the cisgender kids).

Oh, and your point about the majority not bending to the minority? It's so true; we should get rid of wheelchair accessible stalls and parking, too. And ramps. People in wheelchairs are the minority and it's disgusting that the majority should cater to them, dontcha think?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.