Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: HappyandFree ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 04:32PM

The Cult is now appealing to parents to disinherit exmo kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6b6nfj6T44#t=11m10s

Yes! By all means, forget about your disbelieving offspring and give your money to us (LD$) so we can produce more "documentaries" like this!

Being serious now: I wonder how many people who watch this realize how much money TSSC spent to produce this propaganda piece? Those are some NICE production values! The video looks beautiful! Several locations, and they even shot in Central America! Or, built a set to make it look like they were shooting in Central America. Any way you slice it, they spent a good bit of money on this. I'd give that family about a 5% chance of being a real family. Even if they are actually a family, they've been hired as actors for this propaganda piece. Everyone you seen on camera in this has been hired. That's how these things work. And, of course, there's a crew for the shoot, and then there's substantial post-production work. I wish everyone in this video's intended audience understood these facts of video production and would then ask themselves, "Why is my church spending my tithing money to get more money from me?"

I know for a fact that TSCC casts in LA for their productions and that being a member of TSCC is NOT a requirement for casting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whywait ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 04:34PM

Wouldn't those same arguments apply to any charity that produces a professional video to solicit more donations?

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 05:13PM

Yes.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 06:42PM

Yes. But many other charities aren't saying that they're associated with God's one true church on earth. When you make claims like that, you're most likely going to be held to a higher standard and you should be.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 04:36PM

Oooh!! "This video has been removed by the user."

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 04:43PM

I don't doubt for a second that they're a real family doing real things in the actual real Land of the Nephites, at actual real Nephite locations. What gets me is the the boys contrives scene carrying the little kids across the stream and the whole family pushing the lady's broken down car all the way from the middle nowhere to a service station.

I may google to see if there's a blog "The making of the video" to see if those are supposed to be real incidents or a Bonneville H'sellâ„¢ script.

In any case, the guy is talking about how he considers that his kids will be successful if they are Melch'y priesthood holders with TR's.

Oi.....

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 05:28PM

I found a download and reposted it down this thred for all of your viewing pleasure.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 04:37PM

Most other charities do not promote the destruction of families to fundraise.

Date: September 04, 2015 04:40PM

Many charities actively seek to be remembered in a donor's will. Whether it is 1 percent of an estate or 100 percent of an estate, every dime that is given to any charity in a will is a dime that is not given to family.

Plus, the OP in THIS thread was pointing out the quality of the production and its costs. Those were the things he was criticizing, not the content of the message.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 05:06PM

Here's the video for those of you who missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCgoyakvcLw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2015 05:14PM by madalice.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 06:47PM

Thanks, Madalice. Bonus: Now exmos can comment on it!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 07:32PM

thank you for archiving and preserving access to this very disturbing video, so THE OBSCENE money grubbing shenanigans of the filthy foul evil vile LDS inc criminal enterprise posing as a church (MORmONISM) can be exposed, because the disgusting thieving vipers that originally had this video posted finally pulled it down when they realized that it unwittingly so fully exposed their EXPANSIVE PATHOLOGICAL AVARICE (-the very thing that they attempt to preach against) which happened to be dangling in the wind.

these people are SICKENING !!!!!!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 05:48PM

Good job Alice.

This one's about to go viral.

:o)

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 05:55PM

Time to get my glasses prescription checked.

When I read your subject I thought it said they wanted parents to "dismember" exmo kids. Actually, I think some parents have considered that.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 08:09PM

I'm sure the thought has crossed my dad's mind. ;)

Posted by: heat27 ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 06:43PM

I best get my inheritance, not the Mormon cult

Date: September 04, 2015 06:46PM

Or what?

Assuming you mean inheriting from your parents, there is no requirement they leave it to you. If they would rather leave it to the church or the animal shelter or some charity they support, that is their absolute right.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 07:48PM

CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL.

Sure it's their right to spend their fortune how they like. But in the film it was basically saying that THEY DID intend to leave an inheritance to their kids, BUT if their kids didn't live their lives EXACTLY THE WAY THE PARENTS WANTED THEM TO LIVE, they could kiss it good-bye. The parents are undeniably trying to control their kids by dangling a large sum of money over them. "Oh, I'M SO WORRIED that I'm going to ruin my kids' lives with ALL MY FORTUNE!!!!

And I think the expectations are only going higher. First they just needed to be temple worthy - IOW, pay tithing and obey. Now they just added doing lots of charitable work AND donating money to the charities.

And I guess these younger kids will just have to obey whatever else their guilt-ridden parents come up with to ATONE for the earlier failure with the older kids.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2015 07:49PM by seekyr.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 06:56PM

The inheritance aspects are interesting and cultish. But did anyone else pick up on the dad's comments that his goal for his kids is for them to be worthy Melchizedek priesthood holders? They have a DAUGHTER too!

It wasn't "And I want my sons to be..." It was I want my kids to be..."

Misogyny. In the LDS church. Huh.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 07:10PM

Unless they're planning on opening the Priesthood to all members, including women?

Posted by: fortheloveofhops ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 07:11PM

I noted that, too. He said it more than once. As if his daughter was a non-person. Ugh.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 08:06PM

I couldn't help but notice him saying "my sons" instead of "our sons".
Bad mom screwed up with "her daughter" I guess.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 09:23PM

It also sounded like they have totally given-up on the daughter. Nothing about loving her or forgiving her. They just commented that they were glad they had a second chance with their sons. She sure must have done something really awful! Guess the daughter is banished for life. No hint of understanding of what Christ taught about the prodigal son (daughter?). No way THESE parents will kill the fatted calf. She gets nada.

I didn't hear anything in this piece about loving and nurturing. They just kept talking about engaging. This goes along nicely with the concept of indoctrinating and controlling. Nothing wrong with engaging your kids in all aspects of life. Why was it just about service? Doesn't this family ever play? disagree? exercise? etc.? A healthy family life is balanced and engages as well as allows independence. If you are never away from your parents, how can you become an individual?

Posted by: fortheloveofhops ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 09:27PM

It appeared that there was a younger daughter, as well. She was out helping to push the car with the others.

Posted by: anon2day ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 07:06PM

It works both ways. Those disinherited children can refuse to take care of aging parents or help in an emergency. Just saying. Also who cares if you are left things, you can't take anything they are offering when your time comes.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 07:09PM

You'd like to think that.

In truth they have been known to give some poor saps "callings" to do the work of the Lord, so they get to work for TSCC for free.

And I know someone that happened to.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 07:49PM

Families do it even without a promotional video from their masters. Folks on this site over the years have had to stay in the church to avoid losing their inheritances, others have been cut from families, and grandparents disowning their own grandkids just to punish their grown kids for leaving the church.

Thank you for making sure this goes viral. Members and potential members need to see this. Maybe a few members will put two and two together, maybe a few investigators will be able to avoid the set-up.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 07:50PM

My mother-in-law got in a snit and deleted my husband's brother and sister from her will, and left it all to my husband. Upon her death and liquidation of her assets, he divided everything by three and gave them theirs.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 09:29PM

This happened with my cousin's wife. The mother was mad because her daughter married outside their religion, to my cousin. He is a terrific husband and father. When his mother=in=law died, his wife got nothing. She left everything to the sister. Strange thing is that the sister married outside the faith as well but it happened after the mother died. The sister and father are now trying to give back to my cousin's wife but it's slow due to tax consequences. Controlling beyond the grave is a tricky business. I prefer loving and giving to your children before you die, at least if you can afford it.

Posted by: ladedah ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 08:36PM

Really classy, "I want them to be happy." Uh huh, sure you do.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 10:19PM

With parents as controlling, self-righteous and non-forgiving as that is it any wonder the older daughter decided it was time to take off and live her own life? And what are the bets that her unpardonable heinous sin is nothing other than simply opting not to believe in the whole LDS inc fairytale any more. Disgusting propaganda from a self-serving organisation that cares only about the money.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 10:41PM

If you are asking me, THE (MORmON cult) church asks MORmON members to abandon their children even when the children are faithFOOL to the MORmON cause.

Oh sure, the MORmON criminal enterprise wants MORmON parents to feed and clothe their MORmON children, so the children can survive and thrive enough to be subjected to and to absorb MORmON indoctrination.

Sure, the MORmON criminal enterprise church wants MORmON parents to be engaged and involved with their MORmON children...... as resident MORmON enforcement agents jamming MORmON indoctrination down their children's throats and hammering it into their vulnerable little brains. This can easily be done to an extent that completely excludes anything except MORmONISM (POISONS) the relationship between THE children and THE parents, especially as MORmON church indoctrination programs and resources are used on in bringing up the children for THE church.

I have really enjoyed the condemnation that I have seen that has been directed at Spencer Kimball's The Miracle of Forgiveness.
Even though they would never concede the reality, that book was more heralded in my sick twisted pathological MORmON family than the POS BOM. I have to admit that the composition is better than the BOM, IF a person can tolerate the theme of the content, but almost any book is better than the agonizingly boring BOM.
TMOF was not heralded in my family because me, my siblings, and my cousins were a bunch of rampant sinners, but as a sign of what we would face IF we started up sinning.

The guy in the video says he enjoys spending time with his family. REALLY ? and no doubt his family togetherness is super enhanced because of his super adherence to MORmON ideals.
What a super sickening super cheesy self congratulatory fucking MORmON asshole!!!.

Back in reality, I got to the point where I hated spending time with my parents. WHen I was younger, me and my wife at the time would drive to their place for a visit, and I would do everything ( hunting, hiking, boating, motorcycling, college ball games, visiting high school friends) except spending time with my parents. My total @$$ hole super MORmON male parent finally figured that out. Did he ask me to spend some time with him? - NO! He asked me why I never attended church and when I was going to go to church with them AS IF that was spending time with them. MY preference for NOT attending MORmON meetings over actually enjoying myself became even more apparent at that point, because going to a dental appointment is more preferable than going to church for me. our relationship dramatically declined from there.

I also get a huge bang out of Gordon BS Hinckleys comments to Larry King during the Sept 1998 LK Live interview @ the 24 min mark, Hinckley: " Look! I have been a father, you have been a father, do you run around bossing people? -No! Of course NOT! you acted with love and appreciation! "

Are you (FUCKING) kidding me ????? as a child being raised in a MORmON home, I was constantly ordered around, I constantly had my butt kicked to enforce those orders, and those orders were all about meeting MORmON style dictates, from the corporation that Hinckley ran. Even when I did not do anything wrong I had my ass kicked as a reminder and as proof that IF I did do something wrong then I would have my ass kicked even more.
AND, I NEVER had a MORmON thank me for anything including major sacrifices like serving a mission or for paying tithing or for doing anything else for the (FUCKING) soul sucking life strangling MORmON cult.

Its been over a year since my perma mission Super MORmON aunt died. She had cancer the last year of her life. I said some things to her that were a little edgy about her chosen super MORmON life style, just hinting at the fact that she had been very selfish and stupid, and then I stopped when there was so much more to say, because it would only do damage instead of helping in any way because she was so set in her MORmON ways and had ALREADY flushed her life down the MORmON toilet for her stupid MORmON religion. Her and her husband had been living in downtown Salt Lake city a full time MORmON mission to do genealogy for a dozen years, with no mind to ever quit. They were performing their MORmON duty to the near complete exclusion of ever having anything to do with their 7 children and many grandchildren.

AINT THAT AWESOME!!! so busy with saving the dead that there is no time to deal with LIVING FAMILY !!!! THAT is REAL MORmON style family togetherness !!!

When my aunt and her husband moved into their fancy ritzy penthouse condominium near temple square they quipped that the best thing about the place was that it was way too small for any of the kids to ever be able to consider moving back *home* with their parents. I wanted to puke !!!!!!

Of MORmON course when my MORmON aunt finally died, all of the MORmON family gushed to her kids about what a great mom that she was and about her undying MORmON devotion to the MORmON faith. The truth of the matter is that she was an absolute WHORE for the MORmON church. Thanks to the toxic MORmON religion Her kids had NEVER had a real maternal relationship with her, they only had a fake MORmON relationship with the person who had birthed them.

So True to her MORmON form, my MORmON aunt did some real scrounging to find a burial plot at the very crowded Salt Lake City cemetery so she could be buried next to so much of the MORmON royalty that are also planted there. It was only a single plot, so my uncle will have to be buried stacked on top of her so they can be together in death. She spent an obscene amount of money for this privilege, money that her MORmON children could have used for far better things for the living instead. ......and once again SOME HOW her MORmON children are blocked from being around her even when they finally die themselves.

IF I could have my way, I would have her dug up and cremated,
that way her children STILL could not bother her by being buried next to her if she was reentered at some other less crowded less illustrious cemetery. Then I would re sell the expensive burial plot at snooty ass SLC cemetery and donate the money to a charity, you know -stuff that helps out people who are still LIVING, so the MORmON WHORE could finally be responsible for doing some good in the world as part of the tail end of her pathetic self absorbed MORmON life.

I hope that I have been successful in conveying to some extent just how disgusting that I really find MORmONISM to be, because often times its far beyond the capability of mere words. I also hope that LD$ inc's obscene money grab backfires on them in ways they never dreamed that it could.

Posted by: finallygetsit ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 12:13AM

Madalice, thank you for preserving the video!
On a break during work today, I perused this thread but didn't have time to look at the video. When I clicked on the original link this evening, I was disappointed to see that the video had been removed.

But... lo, and behold, all I had to do was scroll down to see that you had come to the rescue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2015 12:14AM by finallygetsit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.