Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freedomatlast ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 10:52PM

as much as he loved Alma the Younger. I've told my TBM wife that I'd return if He sent Jesus to visit me and tell me that it's true. Hell, I'd even settle for an angel. I'd have a true "conversion" for sure!! God knows the furture and knows that I probably wouldn't convert so that's why he's not sending Jesus or a Heavenly helper. My thoughts automatically went to Laman and Lemuel. God surely must've known that they weren't converting but he kept sending angels their way. WTF???? I guess He loves them more than me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 11:11PM

freedomatlast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess He loves them more
> than me.

And the sitting LDS Prophet who has never admitted to visitations of any kind. His predecessor said he only got hunches from and not lunches with Jesus.

Date: September 04, 2015 11:19PM

So, the prophet ISN'T a "speshul" witness of Jesus??? hahaha!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 01:25AM

The last prophet to claim a visit from Christ was Lorenzo Snow.

The last one to claim seeing him in vision was Joseph F Smith

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 01:32PM

Ha ha ha. Lunches with Jesus. Too funny.

Date: September 08, 2015 01:37PM

What would he order? Would he turn his water into wine? How about multiplying the table rolls?

Date: September 05, 2015 01:56AM

Maybe they were only the last ones to blab about it. For all profits since them, it was probably too secret, I mean "sacred" of an experience! I always wondered why these "special witnesses of Christ", I mean, "special witnesses TO THE NAME of Christ" never mentioned their experiences. Were their visits more "special" or "important" than JS or BY or the other profits who "spoke with Jesus" and talked about it?

Date: September 05, 2015 12:56PM

Jesus is a mean girl then. Always hanging out with his special witnesses and telling them to do mean things like never apologize.

But he is good and loving to everyone who believes in him, he just doesn't want to take the time and visit or deal with you.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 01:00PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
>
> But he is good and loving to everyone who believes
> in him, he just doesn't want to take the time and
> visit or deal with you.

^Even then he isn't always loving to believers.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 03:27PM

brandywine Wrote:
> ^Even then he isn't always loving to believers.

Yeah, believers in him die of accidents and horrible, painful diseases at the same rates as non-believers. Believers in him aren't more prosperous or wealthy than non-believers.
How about that.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 03:41PM

I had a witness of Jesus Christ once. Not a vision, but in a dreamlike state.

He appeared to me and we went walking in the desert near Jerusalem. I was fresh out of college, with a newborn. And fearful for my future. I was still actively LDS at that time.

In my dream we sat on a hilly knoll together, and we did have lunch.

He had a bowl of chicken broth or soup. And handed me a can of Diet 7Up.

We sat there in each others presence. What was most astonishing was his love that permeated everything. And peace. And quiet assurance he was with me on my journey.

I wasn't afraid of the future after having that dream. The feelings of love and peace was so powerful that it felt like what people describe as near death experiences.

It was a remarkable dream, that has stayed with me for many years.

I didn't ask for a sign. But I was prayerful when I received that message. I still pray. Just because I left the Mormon church, I never stopped praying or asking for guidance.

But that's because I still believe in God, unlike some others here who wrote him off as non-existent.

There are numerous stories of people having encounters with Jesus through their dreams. But not Mormons necessarily.

People from all around the world have shared similar experiences as mine. So mine wasn't all so isolated or the only one I'm aware of.

I wouldn't say LDS apostles are any less receptive to that. It's just that we don't hear of them having these experiences any more frequently than the population at large.

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 03:48PM

In the last prayer I offered up I stated that in order for me to return to church a visitation would be required. Elohim, Jehovah, Zelph, a few dead loved ones, and the Three Nephites knocking on my door is all I asked for. I promised that if that were to occur not only would I return to church but I would spend the rest of my days wandering the earth proclaiming the truthfulness of the gospel.

That was 18 years ago. No Nephites knocking on my door. God doesn't love me either.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.