Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 04:21PM

What???WHAT!!!!OMG

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 04:27PM

I had to check that one a couple times to make sure I was seeing it correctly.

Wow. Talk about sexual hangups....

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 11:11AM

watch the video to the 3:13 mark and read about John henry Smith's sick declaration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYsi-r1amY0

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 04:28PM

Geez - this girl is MESSED UP! When she gets married, her husband is going to have to really work to deprogram her. That kind of guilt and overcaution doesn't just go away overnight on your honeymoon.

Posted by: WickedTwin ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 04:35PM

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 04:29PM

Kimball is dead. We should ignore everything he ever said.

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 04:37PM

Not going to look at or pay attention to any of that bullsh*t. The delusional ravings of Kimball effed up both my ex and our marriage. Although I bet it generates some fun comments ;)

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 04:40PM

And what's with all the pickle and pretzel parables? How about you just stay home and watch Saturday's Warrior on DVD?

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 04:45PM

Am I reading the article wrong, or did it actually say that even once you're married there should be no passionate kissing? I refuse to go back and read it again because I feel I lost a disturbing amount of faith in humanity from the first read.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 04:51PM

OMFG...

'Brought to you By:' the people (GAs) who said: "Never saw my wife naked"....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO K.

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 05:09PM

Yeah... kind of reminded me of my friend who shortly after his honeymoon told me how disgusting vaginas were and that sex was "gross and awkward".

Maybe women aren't your "thing" buddy...

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 05:12PM

His poor wife. I shudder to think about the damage to her self esteem as a woman with a guy like that!

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 05:08PM

But god forbid that we should enjoy anything. And boy does this girl need to get laid soon so she get's a reality check. Having sex requires that you actually do it, it doesn't just happen all by itself because you are lying down together, what incredible nonsense!

Posted by: Symboline ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 05:12PM

Dear God, that man has issues. If Kimball didn't jerk off like a machine gun every night I'll eat my computer.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 05:39PM

fear of losing your eternal exaltation. Brings back memories.

W....T....F. I get so tired of this crazy fear-based approach to everything.

Better not play with face cards— it may lead to gambling.
Better not drink any alcohol cuz you may end up alcoholic.
Better not drink coffee cuz you may get addicted.
Better not dress unmodestly....someone might think you're sexy.
Better not kiss passionately.....you may end up having sex.

Better not live life....you may find out you actually enjoy it.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 05:41PM

Posted by: May ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 05:52PM

At BYU, my fiance and I would makeout all the time. We couldn't get enough of eachother, but we were private about it. When he said goodnight to me at my apartment each night, he would give me a short 3 second-ish kiss at the door. My roomate (who was engaged herself, but didn't kiss her fiance till after they proposed, and only then tiny peaks, and never in front of anyone) told me we were being very inappropriate. I couldn't believe it. If I was going to marry someone, it had better be someone who I desire so much, I can barely keep my hands off him.

Well life happens, with kids and work, things cool off, and we rarely make out anymore. I am so glad that I have the wonderful memories with my husband. I am reminded than I can actually being a sexual person. I can't imagine being married to someone where I never had the chance to let me desire overcome me. Those that hold everything back for so long, and then let the stresses of marriage get in the way, along with quick pregnancies that really screw up a sex drive, no thank you.

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 06:00PM

Lol! These Mormons just need a good ole fashioned f&ck.

Guess what? There have been countless dates in highschool where I got a bj or had sex without ever laying down!

And you wonder why so many Mormon married couples have sexual incompatibility issues...they are told to not even kiss while dating! If you don't have passion while dating, when the he'll do you expect it to come???

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 06:06PM

Posted by: justanotherprettypiece ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 04:05AM

I asked one of my young women's leaders about what was appropriate or not while I was dating this boy. I was 16. She researched it for me and gave me a number of talks the next Sunday or whatever. This was among them. I remember being so shocked when I read this.

Even though I was very TBM at the time, I thought this was bull. Pretty sure I threw the papers away and just kept making out with my boyfriend. It didn't make sense to me AT ALL why it would be wrong to kiss someone. I'm so glad I didn't listen to all those "prophets". Such bullshit!

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 04:13AM

LDS Inc should be taxed!

LDS general authorities should have a large boot jammed down their throats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNWDQbGDWOw

this is how much most ppl care about LDS iNC exec counsel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqRZgKuHLTE

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 07:28AM

No that boot should be permanently shoved up their assholes!

That BS about kissing from Kimball is as bad as his fucked up "It's a Miracle to Be Forgiven"!

Posted by: xr ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 04:47AM

No wonder Jesus refers to them as sheep.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 07:02AM

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 12:51PM

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 08:46AM

She must be into something pretty perverse to cause her to write an article as messed up as that. She went googling for quotes from church leaders so that she could find reasons not to kiss passionately? Seriously?

Posted by: anon_today ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 09:50AM

I am embarrassed to admit I bought into this crap when I was TBM. In fact, I was one of those people that thought you should save your first kiss for the ONE. I got that idea from an Evangelical Christian friend however, not at church. But, when I got to BYU there were plenty of other girls who believed that. I knew many girls who had never been kissed and were well into their twenties. I was one of them. When I did finally kiss someone it was "the one" well, he's my ex husband now. And why ex? Because he turned out to be gay.

I often think that if I had been more experienced before I met him, I may have been more aware of some of the "signs" that he was gay. But since I was so totally clueless and incredibly sexually repressed I had no idea what sex should be like. And I had so many hang-ups that our sex life was doubly doomed, not only because he was gay but because I was a prude. It's actually amazing we lasted as long as we did, 8 years and even had kids. If I had it all to do over I would have started kissing boys in HS and experimented with sex.

I think LDS attitudes toward sex do more to wreck marriages than they do at preparing TBMs for successful, healthy marriages. It's absolutely tragic and I am so grateful I am out now so my daughter doesn't have to be as screwed up about sex as I was. But I resent the church for setting me up for such collassal failure and robbing me of a healthy adolescence and young single adulthood...now I'm single but trying to date and meet people when you're a thirty something, overweight single mom is very difficult. I feel like I wasted my youth and beauty. It is still a very sore subject for me.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 10:03AM

Actually, mainstream Christians believe it's all good if you use protection, so that statement doesn't hold water.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 10:11AM

I was in college (out of Utah) and working part time as the institute janitor. Yep, I actually got paid to clean the institute!

But I digress. One evening, I arrived around 8:30 to start cleaning. I would kick everyone out at 9:00 and lock the doors, then finish up the rest of my work. I started cleaning a classroom that had those accordian dividers, and there were a couple of female students on the other side talking. They had no idea I was in the next room and could hear them.

So, I get a bit interested when I hear that they are talking about sex. They are both of the mindset that sex is something very disgusting, and carry on for several minutes. I was astounded at the lack of knowledge they had, especially when one said to the other, "You know, I think I might be able to have sex with my husband after we've been married for a year or so".

Evidently, she'd never been kissed either...

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 10:20AM

When we were dating, Mrs Truthseeker did not even understand what french kissing was and she was in her mid 20's!

To this day she is a little stand-offish about sexuality and anything out of the morg ordinary. It's frustrating and sometimes a real turn-off.

Posted by: LordBritish ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 11:13AM

I pity the poor bastard who jumps on that grenade. Good. Gravy. He is screwed...in every way but by her.

Sad, but she is by far a majority after the Mormon Mind Meld has become complete.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 11:15AM

... a blow-job is out of the question?

Timothy

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 11:18AM

You can ask but you'll never receive.

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 11:28AM

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 11:40AM

Apparently when you kiss someone, if your genetic makeup is too similiar or incompatible for having a good chance at healthy offspring, you will be turned off.

On a side note, I have a TBM aunt and uncle that kissed for the first time over the temple alter. Some of their kids have carried on this tradition. My family thinks it's really weird, but my cousins and aunt are really proud of it. I wonder if they are getting genetically non-compatible spouses. One of my cousins has 2 severely handicapped kids out of her 5.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 01:34PM

was it R.L. Evans who said....(paraphrase) I've Never seen my wife naked'?

THAT'S SO FING WEIRD!!!! How can they stand themselves????

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 11:42AM

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 12:44PM

Posted by: ? ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 12:13PM

"protituting" kisses? "reiterating a biblical ban on prostitution"? Really? Kissing and Prostitution in the same sentence. I wonder how much a mormon "john" would pay a kissing prostitution for one whopping 6-second long kiss? omg. And seriously? Comparing handing out kisses to sharing pretzels? Does anybody simply do one or the other with identical discretion?

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 12:50PM

? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "protituting" kisses? "reiterating a biblical ban
> on prostitution"? Really? Kissing and Prostitution
> in the same sentence. I wonder how much a mormon
> "john" would pay a kissing prostitution for one
> whopping 6-second long kiss? omg. And seriously?
> Comparing handing out kisses to sharing pretzels?
> Does anybody simply do one or the other with
> identical discretion?
==============================================
I can't do pretzels...

Pretzels hurt my teeth. I have bad teeth.

Pretzels have too much salt- bad for my blood pressure, and the ones without salt are b o r i n g !!

Kisses are delightful.
NO calories. No sugar.

Just everything nice.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 01:26PM

This is seriously bad advice. It is also typical of the Mormon approach to externalize your own decisions and choices by imagining an outside authority (parents) in regard to sex rather than encourage people to develop their own experience, values, and limits. Mormonism attempts to keep everyone at 12-years old.

There is also a creepy sense of voyeurism in this--behave like you are being watched because we are watching. It's seriously screwed up.

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 02:22PM

I'm pretty sure most psychologists would discourage this. It's actually pretty incenstuous in thought. and what happens when these people get married and they have never shared a romantic kiss. I predict anyone who obeyed this advice had a disastrous wedding night.

Posted by: vivo ( )
Date: April 15, 2011 02:43PM

Pretzels make me think of beer. Mmmmm!

If pretzels are kisses then beer is....

...some serious funkadelic moves!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.