Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 03:22PM

So there is a new grandkid in the family about six weeks old who is making all kinds of cute noises while looking directly at people and seems to be trying to talk.

Turns out that since this child is so recently "through the veil" that it is trying to communicate in the "Adamic language" that it used to speak in the spirit world.

Who knew? I didn't. I thought kids were just programmed to start exercising every part of their body as nature intended so that it could grow properly. I thought it was in a new baby's genes to begin responding to social stimuli like smiling faces and twinkling eyes as a means of physiological development. Boy was I wrong.

But no. Apparently the "goo goo, gaw gaw, and gurgle" are the best this baby can manage in the newborn state, wherein it has retained it's memory of the spirit world, but unable to make it's tongue work properly as it tries to communicate in Adamic--like in sleep paralysis.

Now you know.

At least it isn't speaking reformed Egyptian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 03:26PM

...I think it's OK. Baby probably just needs changing...........

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/spl680883_001_87209425.jpg

Posted by: HopefulHusband(nti) ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 03:31PM

admit your ability to understand the language..put your head in a hat...and begin translating away!!!

Oh the fun you could have....

Date: September 05, 2015 03:59PM

Snort!

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: September 06, 2015 04:38AM

*wiping the coffee spray from my screen*

Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 03:35PM

The parents know they're full of shit, right?

Date: September 05, 2015 04:00PM

If only!

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 03:58PM

Whatever incomprehensible gibberish the kid is spouting out now will sound infinitely more sensible than the "Mormon language" it will be learning to speak in the coming years.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 04:10PM

Quick, call Tommy and the boys! Gawd is sending a new revelation.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 04:15PM

The baby is just slow. Our firstborn actually was able to repeat "I love you" at four weeks!

It it were "Adamic" speech with this slow kid, one should take the tape of Monson so he could translate it ..... I imagine a phophet like Monson could do it! Gee, JS could write a whole book of scripture based in it.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 04:20PM

A week before he was born, we learned the extent of his 2 year old brother's hearing loss. (A long saga in itself.) As 2 yr old did have some residual hearing, and soon a hearing aid, the first step was to clearly and articulately narrate his day from wake up to bed time. I did this with the newborn in my arms.

Within 6 to 9 months, now almost 3 year old could put rudimentary sentences together. The baby could too.

We lived in Pleasant Grove Utah. Ward members who saw me on the street alone with the baby would ask the baby where his big brother had gone. Their shock when baby answered, "Brother is at school," was amusing. No one really expects an answer from a baby that small. (Whose speech was a little lispy owing to the absence of teeth!)

Right away the neighbors asked me to ask him what he remembered about the spirit world. Even as a TBM, I thought it was a stupid question. I lived with that talking baby, he said exactly what you might think a baby that young would say - he asked for food and toys. That's about it. And he knew where his brother could be found.

Like a good little TBM I had another baby very soon after that. The neighbors all asked if I planned to teach him to speak like I did with the second one. I could not go through another year of non-stop narration so, no, he learned to speak the way everyone else does.

The older one with the hearing loss went on to be a music major. Orchestra and band leaders told everyone that if they ever felt lost to listen for him because he was always exactly on the meter as he could not near the music distinctly around him. Then he completed a master of divinity and is a senior living center chaplain and hospice chaplain. And NOT A MORMON!

Date: September 05, 2015 04:24PM

What a fantastic story. Mother's love and scientific technology. What a great team. And, that combination works just as well even if your shoulders are showing or you have too many earrings.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 04:28PM

^ my sentiments exactly.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 05:10PM

My new baby, now 9 weeks old, managed "dada" this week.
I was so proud.

Nothing about any "spirit world," though. Of course :)

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 05:24PM

How could anyone understand a baby?? I watch reruns of " The Smurfs" and even I cannot understand Baby Smurf!!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 05:29PM

southern idaho inactive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How could anyone understand a baby?? I watch
> reruns of " The Smurfs" and even I cannot
> understand Baby Smurf!!

Great one!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 05:42PM

My one year old grandaughter can say the usual words that one year olds can say. However, she prefers to bark and growl like her little Shih tzu dog. She also likes to play tug of war with him by putting her blanket in her mouth while he tries to pull it away from her. We have to keep the dog dishes away from her. We're a tiny bit concerned she thinks she's a dog.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 11:27PM

My nephews played "dogs" once when I babysat. They ate their dinner from bowls on the floor, and so forth... I was impressed with how long they sustained this behavior. =)

Your grandchild and her dog have their own language, which makes perfect sense to both. Be sure to get some videos of the cuteness, and to embarrass her when she's a teen. =)

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 11:33PM

Wow..my 15 mo old loves to b-line it for the toilet to play with brown submarines when she gets a chance. She doesn't speak the adamic language like Mormon children do.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 11:38PM

Sounds like it could be a bad case of demonic possession.

I'd have the kid checked out by a competent exorcist just to be sure.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: September 06, 2015 04:30AM

1 Cor 14:28

"If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church...."

I assume that the TBM parents are holding to this precious scripture and are interpreting their baby's pure adamic language. Perhaps you can ask for a transcript of the interpretation, just so we can ascertain it's definitely from God and not Satan.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 06, 2015 06:52AM

By applying the parents logic, all babies are born with the gift of tongues. It has nada thing to do with the morg.

They are born with the gift of babbling, drooling little cupids to entice, cajole and captivate.

Gift of tongues? That's a stretch of the imagination.

Since babies rule, it's understandable parents get so love smitten they cannot see straight or use reason when it comes to their little cupid.

Posted by: theviking ( )
Date: September 06, 2015 01:48PM

When the kid starts saying pay-lay-ale I'll believe it.

Posted by: Anon Daddy ( )
Date: September 06, 2015 02:50PM

My 18 month old is now babbling up a storm. I've been assuming that it's badly accented Klingon and that I'm just not nerdy enough to understand.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: September 06, 2015 03:04PM

The acquisition of language is really a wonderful thing to behold. Our evolution throughout millions of years has brought us to a point where language is obtained instinctually and nearly automatically. I love watching babies learn to speak! It's not a miracle, but it's amazing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.