Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sonofperdition ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 01:41PM

"I have a word to say concerning these people. If they do not walk up to every covenant they make at these altars in this temple this day, they will be in my power!"
-Lucifer aka Satan, Our second oldest brother.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2015 01:42PM by sonofperdition.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 01:46PM

He can't count.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 01:50PM

But in true Satan methodology, he didn't lie, he did technically say a word. Then a bunch more words, but he did say a word.

See how easily a mythical being can lead you down to hell.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 01:56PM

Isn't he trying to lead to Mormon Heaven?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 01:50PM

Lucifer aka Satan aka imaginary bad guy :)

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 02:03PM

Michael Ballam's Lucifer was the only part of the temple movie that was not vomit-inducing. It was almost entertaining how he sneered at the camera when he said that line!

I hear the new Lucifer is boring as hell.

Posted by: Haunted Wasatch ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 04:43PM

Michael Ballam's hammy, over the top performance just blew away everybody else's acting and was the only part I liked of the whole thing.

The rest of the time I couldn't wait to leave to get away from the creepy, disturbing Mo' heaven LARPing.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 05:17PM

At my TBM'est, I chuckled so loudly my wife poked at me during more than one session in the DC Temple because I so enjoyed his performance.

Posted by: sisterofjared ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 08:16PM

Please explain how your wife poked you during session lefty.

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: September 09, 2015 11:20AM

That is what I was wondering too. She must have long arms to reach across the aisle and into the "men's area".

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 08:23PM

Since I was never endowed (hehe), I didn't know that Ballam had played Lucifer, until I started posting here. The thought of it still makes me laugh.

Posted by: passing through ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 02:31PM

Walked up to them there cov'nints....then stepped a bit t'the side n' kept on a'walkin. Sorta like when ya come acrost dog poo on the sidewalk.

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 02:37PM

Which Lucifer did all the women find a little too attractive?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2015 02:44PM by druid.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: September 09, 2015 02:15AM

I hope there was at least one, since several of the Eves were so attractive.

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 02:44PM

I think it is interesting that Mormonism is more concerned about satan's power than God's.

They literally blame satan for their actions, while god only gives them cookies and good feelings (tender mercies and insight).

Stan's (satan's temple name) plan from day -1 was to take our choice and forcing people to do what he wanted so they would never break a commandment and he could bring them all back to God. The downside was that he would take away agency and we would never grow up by using our own choices...

yes the Mormon church is following lucifer's plan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2015 02:45PM by sb.

Date: September 08, 2015 02:55PM

I wrote this cuz it is the biggest fear tactic TSCC uses. Its crazy how the cult fucking manipulated our emotions. Eternal damnation with some guy with wavy hair wearing a robe that signifies his priesthood power for all eternity... Mormonism is batshit crazy. The sad thing is our friends and family still go into that creepy building, do that creepy ceremony, and believe that shit. Doing it over and over and over again. All the repetition and work keeps them in it. That is how Ol' molestin' joe works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2015 02:58PM by sonofperdition.

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 02:56PM

I do love that Stan is a white rich guy...

Date: September 08, 2015 02:57PM

I like that sb. very good point

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 03:23PM

Yes, Ballam as satan was a little scary/dangerous/kind of exciting and maybe somewhat attractive to some of us.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 03:59PM

Do Mormons consider Stan the Father of Lies?

So how do you believe a "word" he says...?

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 03:59PM

I guess we will have to be in his power, since it's impossible for us to have a "testimony of the restored gospel" AND be honest with our fellow human beings.

But you know, the God (aka Elohim aka Jellohim) presented in the Mormon temple presents another paradox, puzzle, riddle, quandary...

How can he give you eternal life and make you bored to death at the same time?

Stan at least shows some signs that he enjoys what he's doing during the temple movie. Lord Jellohim is just like another Mormon drone doing what he's assigned...snooze...

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 04:10PM

It took everything in me to not laugh every time Satan got in my face and said that line. I don't know why I found it so funny. It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Also, he was just a bit too handsome to be believable. Maybe that's why I thought it was so funny.

Posted by: prefan84 ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 04:14PM

It's Saitine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5YpGwkk_jA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2015 04:16PM by prefan84.

Posted by: Elwood ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 04:17PM

That Satan character came so close to the truth. It only takes minor editing:

"I have a word to say concerning these people. If they do not wake up to the con they see at these altars in this temple this day, they will be seriously screwed!"

Imagine some old duffer playing Satan in the Salt Lake temple saying that. They'd think he really was Satan.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 04:41PM

I always thought that part of the temple ceremony stuck out as odd and out of place.

I mean really, we're watching a re-enactment of the story of Adam and Eve, and then one of the characters stops and addresses the audience.

Now I feel free to say what I really think: That's just bad theater.

Date: September 09, 2015 11:31AM

It may be bad theater, but it's standard practice on commercial television. They get you to suspend disbelief so that the commercial messages are more convincing. They catch you with your guard down.

Date: September 09, 2015 11:33AM

"And now a message from Satan...our sponsor?"

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 05:00PM

with some hardy laughing following this quote:)

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 05:08PM

God allows Satan to threaten you to get you to follow god. This is done inside Gods Temple.

Think! What is wrong with this picture?

God and Stan must be drinking buddies!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 06:06PM

AmIDarkNow? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> God and Stan must be drinking buddies!

Well, they supposedly did make a friendly wager on the "faithfulness" of Job...:)

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 05:32PM

The idea of Satan came from Zoroastrianism. It was introduced when the Jews were under the Persians.

Posted by: Laban the younger ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 06:25PM

I followed Satan every time I put on that green apron. He told me I should wear it an I followed him just like everyone else who made it to the celestial room with me.

Posted by: Just one comment ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 06:38PM

I taught at the HS where Michael Ballam's kids went to school. He walked into the cafeteria one night for Parent Teacher Conferences and my fellow teacher leaned over to me and said, "Oh look, Satan's here." :)

Posted by: upThink ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 06:53PM

"That awkward moment when you realize the Joker was the hero in The Dark Knight"

http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/that-awkward-moment-when-you-realize-heath-ledger-s-joker-was-the-hero-7435017

I see some interesting parallels here when you consider how 'necessary' Lucifer apparently is in the whole scheme of things...

Posted by: oneinbillions ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 07:25PM

I'd much rather die for my sins than pray for my forgiveness.

If it all turns out to be true then I'll grudgingly accept my fate. But I find it incredible that a "loving Heavenly Father" would send us here with such scant evidence for all his "truths." There has been so much violence and killing in his name... God has always sounded more like a sadistic kid to me.

Posted by: frackenmess ( )
Date: September 09, 2015 11:17AM

Satan trying to steer all of us to become Wiccan.

He did a great job!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.