Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Easy_Rider ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 10:52PM

It says in the resignation section that it is possible to resign via email -http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm

The post is a few years old, Does anyone have more recent information on this possibility?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 11:04PM

That post is updated regularly, and email resignation has been working just fine as far as I can tell from reading here.

C'mon in. The water's fine!

Posted by: hawk ( )
Date: September 08, 2015 11:36PM

Yup. I resigned via email in April. Took a while for them to acknowledge but it still works fine.

Posted by: Easy_Rider ( )
Date: September 09, 2015 01:01AM

That's good news. I left the church about 10 years ago but I just decided that I need to make it official. Sent it in tonight.

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: September 09, 2015 09:22PM

Congrats!

Posted by: hawk ( )
Date: September 09, 2015 10:05PM

Congratulations. :) It's a big step.

Posted by: zombre ( )
Date: September 09, 2015 10:34PM

Congratulations to you!

I have not yet resigned. I mentioned to my wife that I have thought about it. She, a true believer thinks I shouldn't. I can't imagine any other response from her. It would make her sad if I did resign.

However, I would like to officially resign/remove my name. I like the message it sends the "LD$ Corporation." I understand the other side of the argument as well. Don't play by their rules. You're if you say your out. Don't play into the facade.

Imagine if we all resigned, at once together. I want them to feel it's all imploding and failing. What a great message to send, what a way to boycott, to send a message, a powerful message. I think it should be done by hand written letters, stating the reasons and further stating if you send any invitations to come back to family members, former addresses, etc. legal action would follow.

I'd love to see this happen on a very large scale.

Are we missing an opportunity?

Posted by: battlebruise ( )
Date: September 09, 2015 10:35PM

My wife and I resigned a few months ago via email. Very simple. Our bishop did call us to verify that we were who we said we were. A few weeks after that, we received our letter from SLC.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: September 10, 2015 03:27AM

Congratulations! =)

Welcome to reality.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.