Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: September 12, 2015 02:19AM

PEC meeting comes to mind first, but the new Young Single Adult Bishop Committees in the YSA wards goes above and beyond PEC.

Which meetings in your opinion were the most insensitive to others privacy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Erick ( )
Date: September 12, 2015 02:24AM

any of the councils that meet on Sundays

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: September 12, 2015 02:41AM

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: September 12, 2015 02:56AM

Leadership pillow talk.

Any conversations in the restrooms.

Courts of love.

Visiting and home teaching.

Foyer.

Posted by: TDM ( )
Date: September 12, 2015 05:48AM

I forgot what it's called, but there's a meeting they have where I think the Bishopric, Primary President, Relief Society President, ward missionaries, High Priest Group Leader, Elders Quorum President, Young Men President, Young Women President all get together and have a meeting. Those are by far the worst, especially because people from different "departments" hear gossip that has nothing to do with them. For example if there's a Relief Society sister who has issues of some sort, all those people in the meeting hear it, then they tell their spouses, who tell their kids, who tell their friends, and so on.

I had gossip spread in those meetings about me numerous times when I was a TBM. :( I think it might be the PEC meeting OP refers to? That has to be by far the worst.

Posted by: lovechild ( )
Date: September 12, 2015 06:34AM

TDM

The Ward Council. The whole entire point and purpose of that meeting was gossip. They just didn't call it gossip.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 08:19PM

The Boner has been in bishopric and agrees fully with this^^^^

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: September 12, 2015 09:10AM

By far, Ward Welfare Meeting. I remember people diagnosing the downtrodden in the ward in this meeting. One guy, lost his job, and was struggling. The RS Prez diagnosed him with ADHD, and the rest shook their heads in agreement. They were going to have him tested, with aim of getting him a script for Ritalin. Just went off on a tangent. Another man, who had been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, was deemed to be dishonest by the counsel and "faking."

Ward Counsel is fairly gossipy. VT appointments are bad. PEC is really bad sometimes.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 12, 2015 10:01PM

Ward council was always bad. The leaders kept noticing that the same family of 7 kids kept attending every ward potluck without bringing anything to share. That got everyone in a major tiff. (RS prez, EQP, HPGL, BP and WM) As the ward clerk, I wanted the bitching and moaning; bickering and endless gossiping to end so I could go home.

Who's their ht/vt?

Are they paying tithes or fast offerings?

How much does a loaf of bread cost?

Why can't they offer something?

It went on and on at every mtg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2015 11:11PM by messygoop.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 12, 2015 10:58PM

Well good heavens! Who can countenance kids getting something for nothing!!!!! The nerve!

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 10:50PM

Geez, it's not like the Bible says, "Go, sell all that you have and give to the poor."

Wait, what? It does?

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 12:46PM

I used to give cooking demonstrations to relief society groups. Never heard such gossip, back stabbing talk in my life. Whoever was not there, was talked about and Oster sized. Such a negative dirty way to live..

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 12:53PM

My own family operates this way....If you are not at a family function, which I never am, you get talked about.

Posted by: cristib ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 12:56PM

Hey! Unworthy! Did you go to the Mesa, Arizona wards? There was someone that would come through our ward/stake fairly regularly that would give recipes and ideas on how to use food storage, and would try to get the wemins to understand they needed a protein source, not just the wheat....

I just hated those meetings, 'cause if I could've afforded the programs I wouldn't have been even thinking about food storage, but improving my family's situation! (Not bashing, but lamenting) But I always felt so guilty leaving those 'homemaking' meetings.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 08:07PM

No, never in Mesa. I showed people how to smoke and preserve meats. Never sold anything. Was invited to cook for people at parties and family gatherings. Just a hobby.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 05:48PM

When two or more (saintly) Mormons get together.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.